Puffin on iOS will be discontinued in October for free users and only “be extended for a while” for paid users. Luckily, you can still use an alternate app to play Pogo’s Flash games on your iPad or iPhone.
The app is Photon Flash Player, and you use it much like you used Puffin, as an alternative web browser on your iOS device.
To use Photon to play Pogo’s Flash games on your iPad or iPhone:
- Download either Photon Flash Player for iPad or Photon Flash Player for iPhone
- Visit Pogo’s web site and sign into your account
- Choose one of Pogo’s Flash games to play (Note: for HTML5 games, it’s still best to use the built-in Safari browser.)
- Click the lightning bolt to enable Flash
- Adjust the settings until the game runs well. Trying different settings for different games will be your key to success with Photon.
Unfortunately, Photon Flash Player is not free, and it’s also not a universal app, so you will have to purchase the iPad and iPhone versions separately if you want to use it on both devices.
What if you play on Android? Puffin is still running on Android, but if you want something different or if it’s not compatible with your device, there is a Photon Browser (free) on Amazon and also a Photon Flash Player on Google Play. BadgeHungry has not tested either of these, so your mileage may vary.
Have you used Photon Flash Player on your iPad or iPhone? Share your tips in a comment below, or share which settings worked best for which games for you.