The Pogo Insider for March 12, 2019 is up, and here are the topics it covers:
- Clarification on construction in Sweet Tooth Town. See the update on this post for details.
- A new Challenge and 6 new badges are now available in A Way With Words.
- New levels are now available in Jet Set Solitaire.
- A note about the games that will be retired in June: “while these games are going away, there is always the possibility some will be updated and brought back later.”
- A “new Pogo experience” is coming soon. Here are details on how to apply for early access.
- Question for Pogo: Are you getting rid of chat? Can it be placed on the side of the game screen again? Answer: Pogo “aware of the many requests for chat to be updated and to be returned to the side of the game screen. The team here is looking into it.”
- Question for Pogo: How does Pogo select Java and Flash games to port to HTML 5? Answer: historical data, gaming trends, and player popularity. But also dependence on older systems that may need to be rebuilt. With respect to lobbies and multiplayer features, “The good news is this work has already started, and we’ll be updating some multiplayer games to HD after that.”
Leave a comment below with your thoughts and reactions to this week’s column.