If you’re looking for a twist on farming simulators like Farmville, you should definitely take a look at Sunken Secrets from Big Fish Games.
Sunken Secrets mixes together farming, magic, witches, and, of course, the sea, to create a uniquely addictive game. If you’re a veteran of Big Fish Games or free-to-play games in general, there will be some aspects of this one that are familiar to you, but there’s also a lot that’s new and fresh, from the unique setting to the mix of styles.
At the beginning, you meet Louisa, whose village has just been cursed by an evil witch. It’s up to you and your Magic to remove the curse from the village’s inhabitants and buildings. Your Magic allows you to remove the curse, but it’s also important to manage your Gold Coins and Pearls.
Here are some tips for starting out:
- Gold Coins are very important to collect and conserve, as they act as the game’s basic currency. Look in the top-right corner to see how many you currently have. You can use them to purchase a variety of items that will help you remove the curse from more and more of the village. Open the Shop in the lower left, then look in the Craft Shop and Magic tabs for items to use your Gold Coins on.
- You get Gold Coins every time you level up, but there are some other ways to earn them as well. First, you can sell items in the Marketplace once you remove the curse from it. This happens around level 3 or 4. You also earn Gold Coins every time you complete a task in the game, such as removing the curse from islanders.
- Gold Coins are important for purchasing a large number of items in the Shop, but one of the first things you’ll need is a way to regain your Magic. Buying Magic Flowers and other items from the Shop’s Magic tab will allow you to get your Magic back more quickly, thereby letting you make progress on your mission!
And speaking of Magic…
- Magic allows you to perform, well… magical actions. It is depleted whenever you use it, and you can see how much you have in the top-right corner. The most important uses are removing curses and turning islanders back into their human forms. Every time you do this, however, you’ll lose some of your Magic, meaning that you need a way to get it back.
- Once you buy Magic Flowers and other items, you’ll be able to get Magic from them periodically. You have to click on them in order to collect the Magic, so don’t forget! These can be purchased using either Pearls or Gold Coins.
- It can be frustrating to wait for your Magic to recharge at first, but as you go through the game, you’ll become able to have more and more Magic at a time, so keep making progress!
- Like Gold Coins, Pearls can be used to purchase helpful items. To check how many you have, look in the top-right directly above your Gold Coin count. However, there are some items—such as crops—that Pearls can buy, but Gold Coins can’t. It is also worth noting that if you choose, you can buy either of these with real money, but in-game purchases are not required to play.
- Aside from using cash, you can earn Pearls for free through daily rewards, or for completing tasks in-game.
- If you do decide to buy pearls or coins, remember that, as usual, the more you buy, the cheaper it becomes. Buying a larger package will definitely get you more for each dollar you spend.
- Another important use of pearls is to speed things up so you don’t have to wait so long for the timer to run down.
What About You?
These tips should help to get you started in Sunken Secrets, but if you have any questions or more strategies to share, please leave a comment below.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the links and make a purchase, BadgeHungry will receive compensation for your referral at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!