I love the creepy, spooky, things-that-go-bump-in-the-night part of Halloween, so last month I went in search of some Halloween download games to play to get into the season.
It’s no secret: I love Big Fish Games about as much as I love Pogo. Their customer support is top-notch, their download games come with at least a 1-hour free trial, and their game catalog is HUGE. No matter what kind of games you like, you’re sure to find something to love at Big Fish.
Here are the Halloween games that I’m playing and enjoying:
If you like Match-3 games, like Sweet Tooth or Bejeweled, you might just get totally hooked on the Fishdom series because as you play you’re able to decorate your tank, which you can then use as your desktop wallpaper or screensaver. In Fishdom: Seasons Under the Sea, you can build up your Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas aquariums. There are no in-game purchases or power-ups — don’t let the money in the screenshot scare you away — this is virtual money that you earn by playing and if you choose to purchase it after the 1-hour free trial, it’s a one-time payment. Sweet deal.
This puzzle game is a lot of fun and can be moderately challenging. Halloween Patchworks: Trick or Treat is like a jigsaw puzzle game, but instead of traditional jigsaw pieces you’re piecing together cuts of different fabrics to create beautiful Halloween patchworks. It’s a simple, relaxing game and the Halloween motifs are very well done.
Let me start by saying Haunted Hotel: Axiom Butcher is not for the faint of heart, it’s an intense hidden object thriller and contains some scenes which may be disturbing to some players. The hidden object scenes are challenging, and the game’s puzzles are too, but it’s not so hard that you’ll be relying on walkthroughs the entire game. The game’s ambience and music are right up there with the ever-creepy Mystery Case File series, and I’m really enjoying it.
For online play, Big Fish Casino has a few slots that fall into the spooky and creepy theme of this month. Check out the Classic Slots tab and look for Haunted House Party or Wicked Wins to get started, and after you’ve built up some chips, take a peek at the Day of the Dead-themed Undying Love reels under the All Slots tab.
If you are new to Big Fish Casino, check out my getting-started guide to Big Fish Casino, which includes some quick chip tips to build your stash up.
More Halloween Games
In an email I sent to the BadgeHungry Insider newsletter, I asked if anyone was playing other Halloween games they could recommend. Here are a few of the spooky and/or Halloween games that were recommended to me as well as a few I’ve found by browsing Big Fish Games’ Halloween Games page:
- Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery – free-to-play hidden object game
- Solitaire Game: Halloween – golf-style solitaire, like Solitaire Gardens (without those pesky seeds)
- Solitaire Halloween Story – matching solitaire, great music and the graphics are like those in Halloween Patchworks
- Halloween: Trick or Treat 2 – hidden object game, great family Halloween fun
- Halloween: The Pirate’s Curse – hidden object game, like Trick or Treat 2, but just a little bit more scary
- Incredible Dracula: Chasing Love – time management game (like Crazy Cakes but better), can be played casually if you don’t get hunt up on getting 3 stars on every level
- Save Halloween: City of Witches – match-3 game, includes yard-decorating and trophy collecting
Giveaway: Enter to Win a Free Game
Big Fish Games has generously given me five game coupon codes to give away! You can use these codes for any standard version game at Big Fish Games, not just the Halloween-themed ones I shared here.
You also can earn up to 15 bonus entries in the Scavenger Hunt: earn five bonus entries per scavenger hunt question (you’ll see them once you’ve earned your first entry). You do not need to purchase anything, each question can easily be answered within the free trial period of each download game.
How to enter:
- Log into the widget below
- Earn your first entry by leaving a specific comment below (click “Leave a blog post comment” in the widget for the instructions)
- You can stop here, or check out ways to earn bonus entries:
- Earn 2 more entries by signing up for the BadgeHungry Insider newsletter
- Earn 5 extra entries for each Scavenger Hunt question you answer correctly
The entry period for this giveaway will end at 11:59pm Eastern on October 17, 2016. 5 winners will be emailed one code at the close of the giveaway. Codes are good for one free standard version ($9.99) game from Big Fish Games. Codes expire 12/31/16.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the links and make a purchase, BadgeHungry will receive compensation for your referral at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!