Coming Soon: Trizzle

September 4, 2013 · 49 comments

Trizzle (thumbnail)Pogo is planning to bring another puzzle game to their web site with ranks and badges. Trizzle is an adorable and addictive match-3 game in which you match and grow Russian nesting dolls. It’s different than the other match-3 games Pogo has in that you click and drag to make your matches and instead of matching shapes, you’re matching both color and size.

Here are a few screenshots:

Trizzle: Coming Soon to Pogo.com

Trizzle: Coming Soon to Pogo.com

Here are the badges:

Trizzle - Coming Soon to Pogo.com Trizzle - Coming Soon to Pogo.com   Trizzle - Coming Soon to Pogo.com Trizzle - Coming Soon to Pogo.com   Trizzle - Coming Soon to Pogo.com Trizzle - Coming Soon to Pogo.com   Trizzle - Coming Soon to Pogo.com Trizzle - Coming Soon to Pogo.com

Trizzle - Coming Soon to Pogo.com Trizzle - Coming Soon to Pogo.com

If you’re interested in checking out this game before it comes to Pogo, you can play Trizzle at Arkadium’s web site.

Update 9/13/2013: Here are more badges that are clearly for Trizzle, but their intended purpose is unknown (more rank badges, secret badges, something else?):

Trizzle Badge Trizzle Chat Icon   Trizzle Badge Trizzle Chat Icon   Trizzle Badge Trizzle Chat Icon   Trizzle Badge Trizzle Chat Icon

Trizzle Badge Trizzle Chat Icon   Trizzle Badge Trizzle Chat Icon

Update 9/18/2013: more badges! This means Pogo has created 20 badges total for this game (so far), which may mean this game may launch with a nontraditional rank/badge system. The badges shown below may also be the first 5 rank badges, but at this point it’s too early to tell.

Trizzle Badge Trizzle Chat Icon

Filed under: trizzle

1 danielle September 4, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Looks like fun but I so miss when Pogo made their own games :’(

2 Cupcakes_&_Cards September 4, 2013 at 2:28 pm

An amusing little game, I think I’ll enjoy playing it. Never heard of it before today, so it’s a brand new game to me!

3 Caren September 4, 2013 at 2:33 pm

I tried it out and it is my type of game. You make moves by sliding a row or column. When you make a match the dolls grow to the next size. When you match the largest size, they go away and you get a mega bonus.

4 ROBERO September 4, 2013 at 2:44 pm

One of the items on my bucket list was to be able to match and grow Russian nesting dolls. Thanks Pogo for the future ability to fulfill one of my dreams.

5 Brenda M. September 4, 2013 at 2:47 pm

I think I will really become addicted to this game. Pogo aced this one!!! :)

Brenda M.

6 snstlvr48 September 4, 2013 at 2:56 pm

I try it and will be a good game, the only thing I do not like about it how many move we have, I read how to play, but it not say how to get extra moves

7 Nancy September 4, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Don’t quite understand it yet, but yes, it was fun trying!

8 J September 4, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Robero #4, lmaoooooooooo

Any idea if this is yet another Flash game, instead of a normal Pogo game with actual rooms and normal chat?

9 goofygoober519 September 4, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Well I enjoy Puzzle Games so I’m sure I’ll like it, at least somewhat. I will wait until it’s on Pogo to try it! :)

10 Anna September 4, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I don’t get it either!? And never heard of it before (that goes to show how popular it is, -NOT).

I matched three and nothing happens. I thought this was supposed to be a simple game. I understand the basics, like the sliding to make a match, but I can’t understand why it won’t DO ANYTHING when I have matches there? If I can’t work it out, then I shan’t be playing this game.

11 jummmy September 4, 2013 at 3:36 pm

sigh

12 Sassy September 4, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Reminds me of Chuzzle . I also don’t like that we only have so many moves but will play it for the badges. Thanks for the heads up!

13 skye September 4, 2013 at 3:57 pm

well said robero…

i got nuttin else…

14 Kirsten September 4, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Just tried it. Very addicting. Gets your mind working. Will add this to my favorites.

15 J September 4, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Sigh is right.

Just tried it out for all of 2 minutes. All that kept going through my mind was another child-themed game, cartoon-style graphics. Sorry but guess I’m looking for more adult-themed games: card games, newer poker games, board games. It’s either this type of game or another hidden objects game.

At this point, which has been asked numerous times over the years, please add ranks to existing games, such as Hearts, Cribbage, Backgammon, Pool etc.

Kind of sad when even my kids don’t care for these types of games.

16 Cmw71903 September 4, 2013 at 4:24 pm

I had never heard of it before either. Thanks Lura for the link to the game, I played one game and it is okay. You have to match the size AND color to make the dolls grow. When you make a mega match is how you get the extra moves. One thing I do like is that it isn’t timed. Getting slower these days and can’t think fast enough for some of the timed games. And I sooooo agree with danielle (#1). Pogo made some great games of their own in the past, it would be nice to see that again.

17 jigsawing September 4, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I do like the idea of moving columns — that’s something new. Wish the trial game was longer. Glad it’s not timed, but don’t like limited moves. Oh well, I’ll play it for a badge and maybe to rank 10.

18 penred5550 September 4, 2013 at 4:32 pm

OMG Sorry I gave up playing Kids games back in my late teens No thanks

19 rabbitroserabbit September 4, 2013 at 4:57 pm

A match-3 game with some nice badges and trophies – I will like this. I wanted a knight badge. I was trying for the Poppit Sprint one, but I like this one better.

20 oxfordstnboots September 4, 2013 at 5:19 pm

well gee, I can hardly wait, ha, ha.
couldn’t wait forever for it to load so totally not interested.

21 Terry Ann/bookdepot2733 September 4, 2013 at 5:25 pm

I will be okay with this one but it does NOT count as a real Pogo game ( IMHO ) so if they fired the game making staff could they just make some people happy by adding ranks to their most popularly played games? (Unless that staff went the way of the game staff, art staff and customer service staff). . .and yet. . .I still love Pogo and like the ant said “ya gotta have high hopes, high apple pie in the sky hopes”. . .

22 drw1125 September 4, 2013 at 5:38 pm

No interest in a child game I won’t be playing this game some new ranks in word whomp, tumblebees and word craft or word jong would be great

23 Phil September 4, 2013 at 5:54 pm

oh dear another 2nd handed game

come on Pogo where are your great original programmers gone!

24 BonBon September 4, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Oh boy! We know what this means. They will have a weekly challenge and Mix-Match badge for this game so that we will try it. I hope it’s not as bad as the other games.

25 virgonana September 4, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Tried it…not impressed!

26 rchvanho2 September 4, 2013 at 8:46 pm

LOLOLOLOL at # 4 ROBERO!
Me too Robero ..my life dreams will ALL be fullfilled now LOLOL

27 autuimn2 September 4, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Have not tried it yet looks interesting.

28 Playbitty September 4, 2013 at 9:29 pm

UGH!!!!

29 Joe September 4, 2013 at 9:59 pm

You can play Trizzle for free on msn games for free just too see how it works It looks easy but it is not since there are different shapes and colors

30 Susie September 4, 2013 at 11:49 pm

ROBERO (#4)…bwhahahahahahahaha! You’re going to owe me a monitor before this year is up!

Why is Pogo mistreating us “older” players and catering to the kiddies? No offense to the children that play Pogo. However, there hasn’t been a release in a LONG TIME that has appealed to me as an adult.

Pogo, are you listening?

31 Anna September 4, 2013 at 11:59 pm

Thanks to cmw (No. 16) for clarifying how to play it. I went and played a couple of games and I now ‘get it.’

Not a big fan. Again, too kid-like. I can imagine that later levels will get even more colours and patterns making it harder to play. It makes you think, but who wants to concentrate that hard when we’ll probably have to match 50,000 dolls just to get to rank 1? Just a thought.

32 starangel September 5, 2013 at 12:01 am

I always look forward to ROBERO’s comments. #4
He makes me giggle. <3 ROBERO :)

33 starangel September 5, 2013 at 12:02 am

ohhh and rank 30 is a star. I may have to force myself to play that. ugh

34 Storm September 5, 2013 at 5:00 am

Thanks for the link Lura.

I did play a game and I can’t say I’ll be playing it when it comes to Pogo. If they happen to have a weekly challenge in Trizzle then yes, but other than that I really have no interest in the game.

35 oldrider123 September 5, 2013 at 9:14 am

It`s new to Pogo (I have played it once before), relatively easy once you get the idea and a good game for de-stressing. Too childish for some people? Well, I`m 70 and I`ll be playing it. No timer means moves can be planned and (more to the point) I will not lose the thread of the TV programme I`m watching at the same time. ;))

36 swirrrly September 5, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I just played this the other day… I think on Bigfish. Had never heard of it before so decided to give it a try. It’s really kind of addicting once you get the hang of it and as long as Pogo doesn’t make the rank up requirements too difficult to achieve it should be a fairly simple rank out.

As for childish looking…. if you go to other game sites they are all the same too. Seems everyone is into the more cartoon-y looking graphics…. doesn’t bother me in the slightest, its not really about that, but about the game-play and Twizzle takes a bit more thinking than some.

37 jncocidz September 5, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Its fun can not wait for it to come out. Once u get the hang of it.

38 Doug September 5, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Why is it named Trizzle? lol

39 Caren September 5, 2013 at 5:45 pm

My guess is that ranking is going to be based on the number of mega matches you make.

40 ~shelly~ September 6, 2013 at 6:17 am

I really like this type of ‘swipe/move a whole row to make a match 3′ game, my tablet is full of them!
Never played one before though that has limited moves and I didn’t think I’d enjoy it because of that but I did quite like it once I’d played a few games.
I’m looking forward to it coming out.

~shelly~

41 Judi September 6, 2013 at 12:34 pm

This is a throw away game. Many other sites offer it for free. It would be nice if Pogo gave us a game that we can’t play everywhere else.

42 jan September 6, 2013 at 5:22 pm

susie #30, well said! if we can play a game on another site, what’s the point. i think pogo has a wider base of a demographic that remembers, or doesn’t remember the ’60s :) and beyond. we aren’t chronologically kids but we still play games. how about some original pogo games?

43 Karen September 7, 2013 at 12:48 am

Another kid’s game that we can play on a free site. Remember when we used to beta test games for Pogo? Now everything is canned, nothing original. I played it. Ugh! Did Pogo fire all it’s programmers? lol

44 CaptHitsugaiya September 7, 2013 at 6:40 am

This looks like a variation of GemsXXL on iOS.
This has little relation, if any, to Chuzzle.

I play both on my iPod Touch.

As for the graphics, it looks like something poached from facebook.

45 NanaPunk September 9, 2013 at 9:13 am

5 more badges>>>>>For the BAdge ADdiCt

46 ROBERO September 9, 2013 at 12:19 pm

If you do search for sites featuring TRIZZLE, one of them is the AARP site. So is this a kid’s game?

47 joe October 7, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I been playing and on the earn last move too level up it keeps going from 6 too 7 I assume it is stuck and messed up not sure if anyone else knows this or has happened too

48 tizme551 October 29, 2013 at 6:07 am

Having same problem as Joe – keep getting completed on level up on last move, start another game to go for the last trophy and I have to repeat level up on last move again for some reason – goes back to 9/10 – very frustrating

49 ~*~Bobbi~*~ October 29, 2013 at 9:12 am

Is there anyway Trizzle can be made on FULL SCREEN?