Spooky Slots Will Have New Ranks!

August 28, 2013 · 52 comments

Spooky Slots (thumbnail)I’m thrilled to be able to share with you some great news: Spooky Slots is getting new ranks and BadgeHungry’s got a sneak peek! Pogo has been busy at work creating the in-game rank icons and badges for the next set of ranks, which should be available when the game is returned to the site this year. Take a look at the two badges we’ll be earning, awarded at rank 40 and rank 50:

Spooky Slots Rank 40 Badge Spooky Slots Rank 40 Badge
Spooky Slots – Rank 40 – Pumpkin Wizard Badge

Spooky Slots Rank 50 Badge Spooky Slots Rank 50 Badge
Spooky Slots – Rank 50 – Pumpkin Zombie Badge

And check out the icons for each rank that are displayed above the pay table in the game:

Spooky Slots Rank Icon Spooky Slots Rank Icon Spooky Slots Rank Icon Spooky Slots Rank Icon Spooky Slots Rank Icon

In past years, Spooky Slots has returned to the site on 9/25/2012, 9/27/2011, 9/21/2010, 9/22/2009, 9/23/2008, 10/2/2007. I’m predicting September 24th for this year.

For other Spooky goodness, check out these other badges that are coming soon:

Halloween 2013 Limited Edition Badge
Spooky Slots PBA
Spooky Slots Special Edition

Filed under: coming soon

1 snyder326 August 28, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Yeah! It’s about time they added more ranks. Just wondering if they will give credit for progress that was done after rank 30? Love Spooky Slots! Look forward to playing it every year, when it comes out. Hope they plan to add more ranks each year. Thanks for the heads up Lura. You are the best! Jeff

2 jdvcdcl August 28, 2013 at 1:09 pm

This is great news. Spooky Slots is the only Slots that makes me smile every time I win. That evil laugh is totally addictive.

3 Indy Cindy August 28, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Thanks Lura for the great news and many thanks to Pogo for making it happen!! Love me some Spooky Slots!!

4 Karen August 28, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Thank you for the information! More ranks…yeaaa I love spooky slots!!

5 tuff August 28, 2013 at 1:22 pm

woohoo cant wait

6 CaptHitusgaiya August 28, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Jack is a hairdresser the rest of the year…I think the moustache is fake, also….

UGH! I wonder what the criteria for the new ranks will be….

7 beyechonjr August 28, 2013 at 1:29 pm

hope it comes out early enough to get a few ranks before its gone.. i never play it 100% of the time when its here.. but wont be playing any mix n match to mess up the albums like before..

8 Susie August 28, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I’m with beyechonjr (#7). I need to get over the fact that that I lost six ranks one year (up to then I had been ranked out each year). That said, I’ll get over it (eventually) and hopefully get quite a few ranks in before they take it away. Spooky Slots and Hog Heaven Slots are the only slot games I enjoy.

9 sibpaws August 28, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Wow! this is great news. So enjoy Spooky when its here. Thanks for the heads up. Me too hope that its progressive in getting the badge. I know I played even after I was ranked out at 30.

10 ~*~Bobbi~*~ August 28, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Thanks for the heads up Lura! I can hardly wait, the new ranks are going to be fun to get, wonder if the pumpkins we got last year will count?

11 jncocidz August 28, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Yeah can not wait for it to come out. TY for info.

12 scarlet8715 August 28, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Hurrah, fabulous news. Just have to sit on my hands now and wait until the game comes out. Love, love, love Splooky Slots!

13 jinty55 August 28, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Love spooky slots, looking forward to new ranks

14 Pogo Addict August 28, 2013 at 2:25 pm

I’m so excited! I hope even more that the Spooky Slots album is really an all spooky slots challenges album. I wish it was the end of September already! Thank you for always keeping us informed, Lura.

15 Cmw71903 August 28, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I’m with Susie (#8) on only liking Hogs and Spooky. I’m glad the are finally getting new ranks in Spooky Slots. Will make it more fun to get the badges this year.

16 oxfordstnboots August 28, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Wow, you just made my day! Just love spooky slots and new ranks will make it interesting again. So looking forward to it.

17 PamSB August 28, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Spooky Slots is a game I adore,
And this year I will love it even more.
When they add ranks to the year’s release,
They’ve listened to us players begging PLEASE!

You make your site hard to beat,
Playing your games bring lots of joy,
To many a happy girl and boy…:)

18 Cindy August 28, 2013 at 3:45 pm

WTG Pam (#17)! Love your poem! I’m not real keen on the cooler weather that Fall and Halloween, but new ranks for Spooky Slots will make it more bearable. LOL Thanks for the head up, Lura. That is good news indeed! I like the proposed badges also. I wonder if there will be a new story line to go along with the new badges and ranks. Thank you Lura and thank you Pogo!

19 Karenv August 28, 2013 at 4:01 pm

i am glad they have new ranks for the game i wish they let the pumpkin go back being 1000 tokens i remember it used to be that high on the point of them and wanted to say something else i though of a good idea if pogo can make old spooky slots and let the new one stay and have the old one two there will be two spooky slots on the home page just a though of mine can,t wait to get the album comeing out and the mix and macth now the kool ranks w2g pogo:)

20 eagles227_98 August 28, 2013 at 4:11 pm

THANK YOU so much for the FANTASTIC new on Spooky!!! Really looking forward to it. Love & Prayers to all.
Richard

21 Nancy August 28, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Thanks for the Good News! And all the badges look really cool. Now I’m hoping
the storyline gets changed, do ya think? It’ll be a lot of fun!

22 Chris W August 28, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Anybody know when Pogo will put out Spooky Slots? I hope its early since we are going on our cruise mid October! Hopefully my son will get any spooky slots badges I may miss.

Chris W

23 Lura August 28, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Chris: the last paragraph above knows. :)

24 Chris W August 28, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Oh, I missed the part Lura mentioned about past release dates under the pics for the new ranks. Too excited I guess to read it all the way through. Lol

Chris W

25 BonBon August 28, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Y’all seem pretty excited about this. Personally I think it’s just like Ali Baba and Sock Hops. What’s different between those and Spooky Slots?
This is one of the games I counted as ‘games I ranked out on’ Oh well, time to do some more.

26 phil August 28, 2013 at 4:57 pm

my date for spooky slots matches Luras 24th sept after Pogo usual fortnightly maintenance shurdiwn

27 Virginia August 28, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Yay !!! I play Spooky for hours and hours even after getting all the ranks.

28 kathy August 28, 2013 at 6:26 pm

yipee about time.. looking forward to the new ranks and other stuff pogo has planned for the Halloween season and fall

29 swirrrly August 28, 2013 at 6:44 pm

oooooh yayayayayaya more Spooky Slots ranks! Punkies, punkies and more punkies! I’m crossing my fingers we get credit for all the punkies we got last year, but I kinda doubt it. Sept is an awesome month…. kids go back to school and Spooky starts! LOL

30 Hels August 28, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Ugh, hopefully the ranking requirements are not too dire and I can get a few ranks. I am only ranked out in a handful of games and it will be one fewer… I like it OK, but certainly not enough to play it all the time as soon as I get home from work…

31 vanessa August 28, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Yay! That’s great news !
Love Spooky slots and glad that thy finally added new ranks, and yay! for 2 new rank badges. I hope the requirements are not getting zillions of pumpkins and that Pogo took into consideration that even if we are talking about 50 ranks the game is only available for a short period of time.
The only thing that makes me not happy about this game comming back is that our MnM albums are going to be, once again, all messed up *super sigh*
I really wish Pogo could leave all the badges for this game in our MnM albums all year and just make a pop-up notice if you try to activate them after the game is gone saying something like ” this badge can’t be activated at the moment, try again next year”

32 rchvanho2 August 28, 2013 at 7:31 pm

LOVE IT! Pogo is listening to us !
hope its not a killer bunch of pumpkins to rank up ! hope it’s like Mahjong garden and the pumpkins we got last year count toward ranks this year! TY TY 4 the heads up Lura! BADGEHUNGRY ROCKS!

33 Crissylynn85 August 28, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Excited!!! I didn’t to get to rank 30 this year so hoping they have a lot of badges to offer for this game so I can get to rank 50.

34 Lori August 28, 2013 at 8:47 pm

I can’t wait. I love the look of the new badges. Thanks for the heads up.

35 PamSB August 28, 2013 at 9:49 pm

People might question why it may be,
That Spooky Slots is so special, you see,
But, me, I think it is because,
This silly game signals the beginning of fall.

It could be as boring as any old slot,
But, truly, it is not,
For the jokes and laughter in the chat,
Make it so much more than that.

We talk about the pumpkins being rare,
Sometimes it is as if they aren’t even there,
And ghosts and goblins, spooks and a gnome,
Halloweeny fun without leaving your home!

36 shygirlornot August 28, 2013 at 10:33 pm

how exciting!! i just wish all the chat icons were pumpkins, and and a PBA of spooky slots!? ill have to get that some how!! ohmygoodness. thanks for the info lura!!

sherry

37 ElisetheSprite August 28, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Thanks Lura! I love Spooky Slots!!!

38 Cardsfan450 August 29, 2013 at 1:17 am

@31 – Vanessa
I have a bad feeling that that’s exactly what Pogo is gonna do. Given the progression Pogo went through when they increased the pumpkins needed from rank 10 to rank 20 and then again from rank 20 to rank 30, I wouldn’t be surprised if more than 900 pumpkins were needed between rank 30 and rank 50.

Based off the previous models, I’m going to predict that Pogo will do the rank progression like this:
Rank 31, 35 needed, 508 total

Rank 45, 52 needed, 1121 total
Rank 46, 52 needed, 1173 total
Rank 47, 55 needed, 1228 total
Rank 48, 55 needed, 1283 total
Rank 49, 58 needed, 1341 total
Rank 50, 58 needed, 1399 total

Hopefully, I’m wrong and the required number of pumpkins is a little less than that. Either way, it looks like I got a lot of catching up to do this Halloween season if I want to get to rank 50, or even rank 40 for that matter. When I hit rank 30 back in 2011, I pretty much ended my Spooky Slots play for the year. There were only a couple more days of the game left anyway. I didn’t play it much in 2012 – maybe once or twice through the entire story that year.

Of course, for those of you that are mega fans of this game that played it hours on end during the past couple of Halloween seasons, if history is indication, then any additional pumpkins you received when ranking out will be added to your total. So if you’re one of those players that kept on playing long after ranking out, then I’d say you will likely get your rank 40 and rank 50 badges! If so, congratulations!

In any event, I’m looking forward to the return of Spooky Slots as it is my all time favorite Pogo Slots game to play! Three spiders for the win!

39 phil August 29, 2013 at 2:34 am

Love spooky slots
just hope Pogo take note and start adding ranks to other games we have been asking for a very long time!

good news though

40 rabbitroserabbit August 29, 2013 at 2:44 am

Fabulous!

41 Storm August 29, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Thank you for the heads up Lura! Let’s hope the rank requirements are not ridiculous this year…

vanessa #31 – The Spooky Slots! Mix-n-Match badges only return to there original positions within the Mix-n-Match albums. Normally the badges all shuffle along and don’t present a problem.

42 psalm233 August 29, 2013 at 2:49 pm

1 word is all that is needed ~~~ WOOHOO !!!!!!!

43 Joe C August 30, 2013 at 9:31 am

Hooray!

Two new badges!

44 Kara August 30, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Wow new ranks & badges AWESOME!!! I’m so excited LOVE Spooky Slots :-)

BadgeHungry Rocks!!!!

45 Virginia August 30, 2013 at 3:16 pm

it is nice to have the game back i wish it stay around all the time i miss it when it goes away again and again be glad to rack up my tokens now LOL W2G POGO

46 MoonmaidenNYC August 30, 2013 at 9:22 pm

WOO HOO !! Spooky Slots adding rank 40 & 50 is the best news I’ve had in a while LOL it’s about time! Im so glad Pogo listened to us! I love Spooky Slots! I can hardly wait! And, yes Sept 24 is the magic date for sure! The countdown has started …..25 days to go woo hoo! βᏅᏅ ! Ѽ ╠╣αlloween☻Ɠнσѕтℓу Sσυη∂ѕ ✯ Ѽ ☻Ѽ Spookta¢ulaя Ɠɧσşŧş ☻Ѽ ^v^ IԵ’ṡ ʍɑɢɨc Ƭɨɱε ^v^….. Vivi

47 Marcie455 September 17, 2013 at 10:15 am

Love Spooky Slots and look forward to it every year.Another thought for people who love Spooky Slots, why not create a Christmas-Holiday slots? Trees, slieghs, snowmen etc.could be used.Please give this some thought Laura.

48 HeartReader1957 September 17, 2013 at 9:56 pm

I am so glad SPOOKY SLOTS is returning and even more glad that extra ranks 40 & 50 are being added. Each year, I play the entire time and build up extra pumpkins towards the next year (since the system keeps track of how many you have). I think I played last in 2012 until I got about 1200-1300 EXTRA pumpkins PAST RANK 30 for this year. I should start off in the high 40′s ranks this year and maybe even max out at rank 50 if I won enough last year. We shall see real son. Love that laugh and the music when a Jack-O-Lantern gets lit.

49 MomsBassetHound September 17, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Heart #48 – There is no guarantee that they will auto rank when the game returns. I hope you are correct since I should have enough on both my accounts.

50 Paris September 20, 2013 at 1:44 pm

I am so excited , I can’t wait for Spooky slots and to have added ranks is a plus.

I remember back in the day when Pogo had Spooky Slots was all year long. I played it all the time because Spooky paid out more token then other slots games. Although it was a different story line back then. More like the Hardy Boys series.
Any oldtimers Remember those days?

51 jummmy September 20, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Nice poem, Pam….keep up with the good humor….

jum

52 thetoreturegirl September 23, 2013 at 1:09 am

this is my favorite slot game in pogo wish they could have it go longer then little over a month i am behind on the rank badges but cant wait to join the rest of spooky slot lovers for the fun. btw i seem to always find the nicest people while im in there playing.