Pogo to Delete Inactive Accounts on 2/4

January 4, 2013 · 27 comments

Heads up! If you’ve got an old account that you haven’t accessed in over a year, you’ll need to log into it before February 4, 2013. If you were ever a Club Pogo subscriber or if you ever purchased anything on Pogo, your account will not be deleted.

Pogo has full details in this news article.

Thanks to beyechonjr, jimladeana, and Jennifer for writing in!

Filed under: coming soon

1 BonBon January 4, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Wow! I have accounts dating back to 2003 that I only use on occasion. Good thing I kept a list of most of the I.d’s I made over the years. Some of the i.d’s I made were clever names so I don’t want them deleted. Guess I’ll be busy for a while signing into them to save them.
Thanks for the heads up!

2 CasualObserverrr January 4, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Quick Q…. does that include purchases made with tokens or only gem purchases????

3 joyfulellyn January 4, 2013 at 12:42 pm

LOL good luck BonBon. Hope it wont take ALL weekend.
In a way it is kind of nice, will probably help to clean of some friends lists also, I know I have some in there that I no longer speak to but wouldn’t delete, just doesn’t seem right to do so.

4 ~*~Bobbi~*~ January 4, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Wonder what brought this on ?
I do log them on every Thursday for the Tokens, does that count?
(one was a paid account that has gem items in the closet)
…..Any way that Pogo will try to work with people to transfer the Tokens & the Mini Closet to your Main Account ?…..hmmmmm, maybe they should think about doing that.
Just a thought.

5 Batraylover January 4, 2013 at 1:13 pm

@ Bobbi
There is a 0% chance, and I stress the “0″ that Pogo will help transfer tokens and mini items. Every Pogo account is stand alone. They will not transfer anything from one account to the next. If you bought it in one account, it will stay in that account. If you don’t want to lose the account, you can log in, and prevent the account from being closed.

6 jimladeana January 4, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Bobbi ~ As long as you have logged into the account in the past year you should be good. :-)

It looks as though POGO is just “cleaning” up the account that are not being used as a measure of better tracking or servicing their users. I personally think it’s a great idea. An early spring cleaning if you will

7 Krissi January 4, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Now….it does say if the account was ever a “Club Pogo” account or if you ever purchased anything with that account…..then it will not be effected. I have a few I have left go dormant ( although logging in every Thursday for the bonus tokens is a good idea….thanks ~*~Bobbi~*~! ). But I did purchase badges on all of them & mini items as well. So from what I read in the notice, those accounts aren’t going to be deleted.

The accounts that will be deleted will be the ones opened up by stalkers of Pogo members and of people who open guest accounts/free accounts to harass or go watch what people are doing and saying in other rooms ( it’s true..it happens everyday! ). There are probably more of these kind of accounts on Pogo, then there are legitimate accounts.

But to be safe, because we all know of the dreaded Pogo ‘glitches’….I will go sign in to these accounts before next month!!

Hope y’all had a wonderful holiday season & rang in 2013 with no problems. *╮(◕‿◕)✿™

Take care & GBU all~

~~❤~†ღ~°ҜƦĨᏱᏱĨ ツ°~~

8 Zerpiah January 4, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Great with a clean up :) I think we also should be abel to delete them ourselves if we wish so.

9 beyechonjr January 4, 2013 at 2:54 pm

and for some who are not sure what names they had.. pogo has offered to send us all names that went to our email acct….it was on their home page

10 TK January 4, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Thanks for the heads-up! :c)

11 widow January 4, 2013 at 3:17 pm

too bad for me…i had an acct in 2004-2005 that after i moved, and stored things for awhile, i can remember the acct. name, but not the password. not that i want to use it again, although all those early badges done would be a plus to have on an extra acct., but i wish i could remember it so i could transfer the tokens myself. ;) tons of them there. and it does no good at all, as i did not maintain the aol mail that i had back then either. oh, well. live and learn.

gl to all you who want to transfer the tokens. it’s fun with a df who will help you.

12 Madbuk1001 January 4, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Just warned my friends via Facebook (I used to use Guest Passes to play Canasta with them. Good times) I personally don’t like this, it won’t stop spammers because the spammers have either a) bought a sub or b) logged in the past year (I’m sure of b, because they wouldn’t be spammers if they hadn’t spammed the past year,)
Thanks for the warning BadgeHungry, you may have just saved my friends accounts (That have been around since 01!)

13 susan January 4, 2013 at 5:16 pm

This is not only for spammers but also to clear up space on the probably close to full server.
Imagine how many made an account and never used it.

14 dj5lee January 4, 2013 at 6:48 pm

I think this will clear a lot of space on the Pogo servers. I have 3 non-club accounts that I use for double browsing and have used them all this weekend. Thanks to these helpful “silent partners” I finally won the dice derby win 20 races and hearts shoot the moon badges. Next week I’ll need to do the 200 fireflies one – ugh! – but I will have all albums completed.

15 Krissi January 4, 2013 at 7:37 pm

***** For Widow #11.

If you still use the same email account now as you did then, just select the ‘forgot password’ link. That should get you back into that account & all those tokies to transfer to your ‘now’ account!! ✿(◕‿◕)☽ ™ Here’s hoping that you still use the same email account.
Take care & GBU
♥ °†ღ°Ḱ ツ°

16 LorrieLynn January 4, 2013 at 9:18 pm

I may be a little slow, but I just wanted to ask this… I am not paying for a subscription right now but I come on here everyday to do my trivial pursuit and crossword cove, so will I keep my account or will they close it

17 Jamie (LocoBonita82) January 4, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I only have two that I haven’t logged into for a long while but they had Club time attached to them at one point. One was my husband’s account when he decided he liked to play gin and he had the time, lol, and the other one was just one I made and gave a free pass to (and maybe a months worth of Club, can’t remember) to work on some badges.

18 widow January 4, 2013 at 11:29 pm

no, krissi, i don’t. quit using that account also.

but i didn’t get back here to post: what i did do was go to pogo help, and gave them enough info they could tell the account was mine. and he sent me a password change so that i now can go on that account! thanks to the free month pass on lura’s page (and the free tokens ;) ) have been on it for a few hours today, in fact, 3/5 badges toward the coa coa badge, lol.
anyway, what makes me sick is seeing all the old badges completed on that account, and not on my newer account, but i won’t switch back. been with this one longer and have too many gem items and tokens. but, geez, the paltry tokens we got back then, and we really busted our behinds for those badges, too! but do have over 6.5 mil tokens i will transfer to my widow account :) before the month is over…meanwhile, i’m just having a lil fun with it.if i had a bajillion coke points i would give it a year, lol.

have a GREAT weekend all! i’m having pogo fun!

19 Lura January 5, 2013 at 7:29 am

LorrieLynn: they won’t close your account if you’ve logged into it within the last year and also because you were once a Club Pogo subscriber.

20 donna m January 5, 2013 at 9:15 am

I wonder if an account that my daughters has will close. She had Club Pogo for a year but it was from a free Subway promotion so no money was actually spent.

21 Kat January 5, 2013 at 12:22 pm

What happens to ones that had an club member account and now have passed away within past few yrs? I still have a couple of them listed on friends list and know that no one one is using that name

22 Madbuk1001 January 5, 2013 at 1:36 pm

@Kat
They won’t be wiped because they bought Club during their time on Pogo

23 lilmss41168 January 5, 2013 at 2:55 pm

will they also be deleting accounts that they disabled for one reason or another :)

24 Kat January 5, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I think if a person could supply name of someone that has passed away onto pogo they could delete that name….why keep them active if that person is no longer alive

25 Paris January 5, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Thank you for the information.
I had several Pogo friends pass away. Be sad to see their name removed. I couldn’t bring myself to take them off my Pogo friends list. I still miss them to this day.

My kids have accounts but don’t sign in often but I get Thursday tokens for them. Sometimes play their daily game. So I think this family will be safe.

Happy that Pogo gave us fore warning.

26 Sjaan13 January 6, 2013 at 12:24 am

I am thrilled pogo is cleaning in active account. Over the years there are players who were friends but have since passed away. I will always remember them. One thing that I will keep an eye on is the list that shows how many people have me on there list after the clean up see how many of these people are deleted. Thank you Pogo.

27 BonBon January 18, 2013 at 7:39 pm

I am hoping that when this happens the list of ‘people that have added me’ grows shorter. I have at least 400 people that have added me in the 8 years I’ve been a member and I’m curious to know once they delete unused accounts that their i.d names disappear. Hope so.