Free Club Pogo from MyCokeRewards 2013-2014

January 1, 2013 · 42 comments

MyCokeRewardsThe Club Pogo subscriptions from MyCokeRewards have been extended through the beginning of 2014. Exchange codes from specifically-marked packages of Coke products for MyCokeRewards Points, and in turn exchange those for Club Pogo rewards. This year there is no 1-year reward, but there are 3 subscriptions available:

* Club Pogo™ 1-Month Subscription for 75 Points
* Club Pogo™ 3-Month Subscription for 200 Points
* Club Pogo™ 6-Month Subscription for 400 Points

To get started, visit MyCokeRewards.com and search for Pogo. You can only redeem two subscriptions of each type per MyCokeRewards account and you must redeem the codes by 01/31/14. When you apply your membership code to your Pogo account, it will be added on at the end of any existing membership time.

Every so often, MyCokeRewards offers a 1-month Club Pogo subscription for 10 points as part of their Wednesday deals. Stay tuned to BadgeHungry for news of special promotions like this.

Thanks to MomsBassetHound and JustaGame for sharing the news.

Filed under: mycokerewards, promotions and events

1 desiremnk January 1, 2013 at 2:48 pm

what happen to the year sub i use to fet for 575 points? only 6 months now ?

2 MomsBassetHound January 1, 2013 at 3:29 pm

As of midnight on 12/31/12 the 12 month subscription was deleted. That is not to say that one will not be added, but if it is I doubt it will be for 570 points.

3 CrissyLynn85 January 1, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I went to get my one year this morning and gone. Do you know if I buy 2 6 month I can apply them both at the same time? My one year with Pogo don’t end till March so I have plenty of time.

4 BillTrout January 1, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Hmm, points are now only worth 5 cents each, as opposed to just over 7 cents if you spent them optimally.

I have a feeling I’ll be drinking a lot less Coke products. The value of the points was usually factored into the decision of which product to buy – as it was, the 70 cents of extra value in the points sometimes made Coke products a better buy, but at 50 cents, it’s usually at best parity with Pepsi products.

So not only does Pogo hurt themselves with this decision, Coke does too. Oh well, their loss.

5 BonBon January 1, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Wow! Inflation!! 400 for 6-months? Yikes!
CrissyLynn- you can put as many Coke rewards on one account as you’d like. It’s just that Coke only lets you buy 2 rewards of the same kind per year. ( Example: two 6 months, two 3-month, two 1-month per year )

6 CrissyLynn85 January 1, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Thanks Bon Bon I knew their was limit but couldn’t find it. Also Pogo gives 100 gems and free one month when using a credit/debit card and not Coke Rewards so I probably be buying my Pogo.

7 MomsBassetHound January 1, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Crissy #6 – If you drink Coke products you get the points for free, so even if you only get two 6 month subscriptions you are saving $40……you can buy 750 gems with that.

8 Stef140 January 1, 2013 at 4:35 pm

I really hope the 1 year comes back, that was the one I got all the time. Otherwise I might need more than one coke rewards account to get the max rewards I can. But I am really happy they’re back at all, I drink Coke regardless so I like having this reward option for what I already drink.

9 madmaude74 January 1, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I thought this same thing happened last year. It was maybe a week or two into the year before the one year was put on….. yes, no…. or am I remembering wrong? Seemed to me that it was something like that.

10 v January 1, 2013 at 4:51 pm

this is Awesome news, Thanks for the info

11 widow January 1, 2013 at 5:26 pm

hmmm. i almost gifted my sister another year at Christmas w/ Coke points. hesitated, and now it would be two 6 month subs to give the gift, at an inflated price by 230 more points. yikes!
i sure wish we had known this increase was coming. i have not drank as much Coke for awhile now, taking longer to amass points also. been drinking Pepsi for a change of pace, and enjoying it.
also, the price of Coke has also inflated by about $2.00 a case in my area.
this is not good news, but thanks, Lura, for letting us know.

12 Kathy January 1, 2013 at 5:58 pm

thanks for the update.. .i starting collect rewards last year and got almost 9 months of free club pogo . it is a great value…. thanks BonBon for clarifying how many rewards to an account.. i wondered about that..

13 KarePackage January 1, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Wow, my friend gifted me a year’s membership about 3 days ago. Neither of us were close to our renewal date…but she extended both of ours. It seems she got in just under the wire! I thank BH for the heads up. When it was posted here at BH that Pogo rewards were up in the air for 2013 I informed her. :)

14 Krista80s January 1, 2013 at 6:22 pm

I cannot believe they removed the 1 year for 570 points I have been counting on that to get next Pogo account for my Mom! Well I guess I will have to just try to save up 800 Coke points so I can get 2 six month codes to apply, That is shabby that they would raise the “price” so much!

15 MomsBassetHound January 1, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Krista – Do other brands give you anything for free??? Dr. Pepper is the only other soda that I’ve ever known to do a promotion, and it was for a short period of time.
Coke Rewards has been in existance since 2006 so I’ve received a LOT of free stuff from them. And all of it was free. So no matter how many points I have to redeem the price is still the same…..FREE.

16 Storm January 1, 2013 at 7:42 pm

For the UK players, Coke Zone is still offering the 3-month and 6-month subscriptions to Club Pogo. http://www.cokezone.co.uk

UK – Club Pogo™ 3-Month Subscription for 25 Points
UK – Club Pogo™ 6-Month Subscription for 45 Points

Again, like last year it’s only 1 type of subscription per account per year. So a total of 9-months per year.

I myself stopped using Coke Points last year and resorted back to the paid 1-year Club Pogo subscription. For me, its far easier to just pay I have found. Having said that, I know it’s a great deal for the people who often buy the promotional products from Coke.

17 BillTrout January 1, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Moms (15): I’ve found Coke products have a higher price than other brands, at least around here. So while the program is “free,” you’re paying for it in the price of the product.

18 LacertaCK January 1, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I thought the “2 per year” restriction was only on the 1 year membership. I just looked at my history on rewards, and in 2012, I purchased and applied a 1 month membership 3 times, and a 1 year membership 2 times. So if there is a 2 per year limit on 1 month membership, it is new. I’ve never picked up a 3 month or 6 month membership, so don’t know about limits on them.

Oh, and I’m ok with taking a price increase, but this is a 40% increase in the cost of a 1 year membership. That seems a little extreme to me. My husband doesn’t really care whether he drinks Coke or Pepsi (I don’t drink either), so we choose based on price, factoring in the reward points. This increase means that we’ll be buying more Pepsi this year, than last year, since the points are worth less.

19 BonBon January 1, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Lacerta#18-
This is the fine print for the 1-month reward I got off the Coke page:
Limit two codes per person per Pogo account. Offer may not be substituted,…….

If you added more than one 1-month code, it could have been when they had the Wednesday Deal of the Day and offered 1-month of Club Pogo. Those don’t count towards the ’2 per year’ ( if that makes sense)
For others wanting to know how many you can add to your Club Pogo name:
As of now I have 6 rewards on my account which all vary between the 1-year, 6-month and 1-month codes. So for now, as far as Pogo is concerned, you can add as many as you like.

20 MomsBassetHound January 1, 2013 at 8:31 pm

I wouldn’t change products for this, but I’ve always been a coke drinker.

And in Montana I can get a 20 can case for $5 when it’s on sale, so I stock up when it’s that price.

All of their Club Pogo rewards have been limited to 2 per year. The exception is when they have the Wednesday special. Those do not count towards your annual limit.

21 JuneBride15 January 1, 2013 at 8:32 pm

For some reason I waited until after midnight to redeem my one year subscription. I was shocked when the 1 year for 570 points was gone and replace by 6 months for 400 points. If I had acted 2 hours earlier I would have gotten my free year subscription!!!
I just kind of stared at the screen, shook my head and started to laugh at the situation.

I agree with MomsBassetHound – its still better to use the free coke points – you’ve already paid for the product so why not use the points – and use the pogo yearly fee of $40 for gems.

Happy New Year!

22 Chris (chrs19719) January 1, 2013 at 8:38 pm

What a joke, and I was about to apply my points for a full year. It takes me almost an entire year to get the points for 2-1 yr subscriptions. Guess I’ll be drinking even less coke than I did before, not to mention, at least my membership is free until 2016. Maybe by then they will put the 1 yr option back. Otherwise, may drop program all together.

23 BonBon January 1, 2013 at 8:43 pm

One more way you could have had ’3 per year’
January of 2012 was still part of the 2011 calendar for the rewards. Take the 3-month reward for example: You could have been given a reward code in January 2012 then two more reward codes February 2012-December 2012.
This years ‘year’ goes from now till end of January 2014.

24 Westiegyrl January 1, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Question:

If cokezone.co.uk is offering a year of club pogo for 45 points, what’s to stop USA/Canada folks from signing up on that site and redeeming there? Are the coke codes on the caps different?

25 littlecaterpilla January 1, 2013 at 10:07 pm

#20 Suz

Well shoot me in the foot! I did not know that the Wednesday’s special’s were not part of your limit! Here, I have been passing those up all year, just because I thought I could not exceed my 2! Doh! Thanks! lol~ Get drinking everybody!

26 Carolyn Adams January 1, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I’ve heard that some people say they have gotten more than 2 per account and f so I’d like to know how. I’m with all of you only 2 per year. if they bring out the one year one I hope I will be able to use them also. I have 2 paid accounts so I looked forward to Jan to get our free accounts, now I just had to use 6 mo per account. :(

27 RyzandShyn January 1, 2013 at 10:13 pm

I recently saved enough points for the year membership and got it. I’m glad I did!
This is a terrific program, so easy to do, a big savings, and I adore Diet Coke anyway.
Once I mentioned that I save the points, friends helped me by saving their caps/cartons.
Good Luck to all! Get started if you haven’t already.

28 krista80s January 1, 2013 at 10:57 pm

i will have to spend some more time on monday mornings walking around the neighborhood and finding Coca Cola product boxes in peoples recycling bins who didnt enter their Coke points and saving the codes LOL

29 rchvanho2 January 1, 2013 at 11:39 pm

TY for the info!
So so glad Coke has extended the promotion even tho as of now the 1 yr is gone!
Right now collecting coke points myself and friends that help me out by sending their point codes is the ONLY way I can afford Pogo membership. Times are real tough here for us on a fixed income and for alot of people and I’m so so thankful to Coke and Pogo for allowing this way to keep on playing and to drink an awesome product too that I love although I can’t drink it often due to health issues.
Ty for keeping me up to date Lura!
BADGEHUNGRY ROCKS!

30 eagles227_98 January 2, 2013 at 12:34 am

#2–Moms,
I was wanting to send MYCOKEREWARDS an e-mail requesting the 1 yr subscription to be added back, but I can not find their e-mail address. Do you have it? If you do please post it. Love & Prayers to all.
Richard

31 CJ January 2, 2013 at 2:54 am

For some of us though, who might go out of our way to get Coke for the points if all products are equally priced, that might no longer be the case. Just knowing I paid 570 for a full year last year and it’s 400 for 6 months now deters me because I know what the former price was. I switch between Pepsi, Coke, and Dr. Pepper products based on whichever is cheaper – but whenever Coke was on sale last year I’d stock up even more because of the points. It’s just the principle for me. I know there’s a change, so it’ll change my interest – I might look into other things to spend my reward points on now that seem more economical and redirect the money I’d have spent on that into Pogo Gems. I get a better haul on gems just doing surveys for E-Rewards and redeeming my points for Gamestop gift cards – $25 gift cards to Gamestop up to four times a year, which I then turn around and spend on the $20 EA cards for 350 gems apiece.

I’ll have to browse through the Coke rewards and see if other items underwent similar changes in cost.

32 goNILor4p January 2, 2013 at 7:11 am

A day late & a dollar short. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda is what I say now. I spend the vast majority of MCR points over the 12 Days of Christmas promo they had. Had I known the Pogo points would take such a hit I probably would have been a little more cautious. Also would have got another one year sub. Silly me thought no maybe they’ll have a deal. Boy was I wrong.

33 Jennifer January 2, 2013 at 8:20 am

Westiegyrl #24:

Yes, the coke points are different in the UK than here in the US. You can find a UK address and sign up to the Coke Zone site and you can do the monthly question for 2 points but it takes a LONG time to rack up the points necessary for a 6 month subscription.

I was shocked when I saw how cheap the Pogo subscriptions were on the Coke Zone site as compared to the US Coke Rewards site–even before this horrible price increase. There’s a stark difference between 90 points for a full year (if you were able to get 2 of the 6 month subscriptions) compared to 570 points for a full year (as it was before the increase). Having loads of friends in the UK, I know they don’t pay THAT much less for their Coca-Cola to make the price differences so great from site to site.

This isn’t really a deal, IMO. I don’t care of the Rewards can be considered as “freebies” along with drinking the Coke. I am another who is a regular Coke drinker (when I drink soda) but I still switch between Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper and Canada Dry Ginger Ale because of the price. This is a massive price increase and I can’t see myself redeeming my points for Pogo time any more. Coke Rewards (in the US, that is) have never really been “good deals”, IMO. I had redeemed for a set of DVD’s from the site a couple of years back and after doing the math figured out that that set of DVD’s cost me over $900. I lost everything in a house fire in January of 2012 and I almost, *almost* considered risking life and limb to go back into the burning house for that way too expensive DVD set considering how much it really cost. lol

Anyway, good luck to all who are still collecting Coke points this year! Hopefully the year subscription will be put back in and it won’t be 1,000 points! :-)

34 jinty55 January 2, 2013 at 9:13 am

I did not know that you could get the coke rewards in the UK, so thanks Storm for letting us know.

35 trenaok January 2, 2013 at 12:05 pm

MCR replied to a question about the year of Pogo and this was their answer.

we will no longer be offering the 1-year Club Pogo membership. Thanks for asking.

36 Ardenwolfe January 2, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I metal detect. And, along the way, I find A LOT of bottle tops from Coke on the ground. After a year, I usually have enough for a full year. Yes, this disappoints me, but free is still pretty much free from my point of view.

Still, 400 points for half-a-year is pretty steep.

37 v January 2, 2013 at 1:16 pm

in my view, this a good deal. There are Many ways to get coke rewards points without buying the coke or anything. Friends and relatives can collect. I have a lot of coke points and have only purchased 2 sodas total in the last 2-3 years. and 1 was a Dr. pepper to get the special episode of clue. Coke could have easily ended this promotion Long ago and/or pogo could have Not been offered or taken off as a reward long ago as well.

38 LacertaCK January 2, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Ah, I didn’t know the Wednesday deals didn’t count. Yes, I believe all 3 of mine were Wednesday deals. I had enough points to get 2 annual subscriptions, but didn’t work my way down through the other levels, so the only time I got the 30 day memberships was on the Wednesday deals. Didn’t realize they didn’t count toward limits. I just got them each time I saw them, and knew they all worked.

39 jncocidz January 4, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Hi all I and a few friends have started calling coke and telling them we want the 1 year pogo back in the rewards programs . Hopefully if we get enough to call they might put it back in.But I will be still using the rewards program because I have a few freinds on limited income and help them once in awhile. the phone number for coke is 866-674-2653 Maybe this will help get it back I would even pay a little more then the 570 points it was.

40 Ardella Vanderpool January 26, 2013 at 1:08 am

BRWFX96KHH0MH0

42 pogoholic March 25, 2013 at 1:12 pm

im getting ready to make a trip into family dollar store.
I never thought much about it but I remember many saying they weren’t soda drinkers so they didn’t think this was for them. well after an extensive look at the list of products from coke for beverages, I thought id mention a few options to soda.
minute maid lemon aids/juice
coke now has its own teas
and waters.
my daughter is not soda drinker but she does like minute maid juices.
so anything to further the cause.
my family dollar store has the individual coke zero and coke at buy one get one free! this week. the 12 packs are 3 dollars each with the online store coupon limit 4
that would include the minute maids .

just a thought. buying qualifying products for codes.