How to get Fruit Gems in Bejeweled Twist

July 19, 2012 · 241 comments

Bejeweled Twist (thumbnail)The upcoming weekly badge in Bejeweled Twist is still a week away and already it’s causing a lot of anxiety among players.

The requirement for the “Torch Bearer Badge” badge is now to “Create 1 fruit gem this week” (adjusted down from 7).

The reason this seems so daunting is that you must make a long string of consecutive match after match before a fruit gem is spawned. In Pogo’s description of how to play the game, even they refer to the fruit gems as “elusive and spectacular”. Spectacular, maybe…but they’re only elusive for those don’t have this step-by-step workaround. With some careful work you can set your game up now so it’s ready to spit out fruit gems during next week’s challenge.

Tip! Share this guide with anyone who needs help by giving them this address: badgehungry.com/fruitgems

When MomsBassetHound asked for tips on getting the Bejeweled Twist fruit gems on Q&A, CAbreeze responded with the following step-by-step:

Set the Options Before Playing

1. I recommend Classic Mode for untimed play – no rush, take your time. Before you begin, click on OPTIONS to eliminate obstacles.
Look DownBejeweled Twist - Fruit Gems - Game Mode

2. Uncheck the circles for Coal Gems and Locked Gems. Click QUIT.
Look DownBejeweled Twist - Fruit Gems - Options

Eliminate Bomb Gems

Tom discovered how to eliminate the bomb gems and graciously shared his trick. This process is only a few clicks and takes just a few seconds. To me well worth it.

Take a moment here to play one LEVEL of the game just to get a feel for the game and the controls.

1. After each LEVEL, the game shows you a screen like this. Click PLAY.
Look DownBejeweled Twist - Fruit Gems - Click Play

2. You return to the game but do NOT play. Click on the MENU.
Look DownBejeweled Twist - Fruit Gems - Click Menu

3. This is the next screen you will see. Click on QUIT. You will not lose your progress in the game. You will be returned to the next level but there will be no bomb gems. In my opinion they are killers.
Look DownBejeweled Twist - Fruit Gems - Click on Quit

4. You will next see the main menu. Click on CLASSIC and play the game. At the end of the next LEVEL, just repeat the steps.

1. click PLAY
2. click MENU
3. click QUIT
4. click CLASSIC and play again

Look Down
Bejeweled Twist - Fruit Gems - Classic Mode

Creating Fruit Gems

In order to create a fruit gem, the Score Multiplier must be at x10. The red arrow is pointing at the Score Multiplier (x10) and the Chain Meter is above it. Each time you make a consecutive match, one section of the Chain Meter is filled with a yellow bar. There are 16 sections which means you must make 16 CONSECUTIVE matches in this first half of the quest for the fruit gem. Every turn of the twister must result in a match; if you make a mistake, the Chain Meter empties and you start again. Once all the yellow bars in the Chain Meter are filled, you start working on the second half of the quest for the elusive fruit gem. That brings you to the rainbow Chain Meter.
Look DownBejeweled Twist - Fruit Gems - Rainbow Chain Meter

If you’re having a hard time seeing matches, check out this compilation possible matches screenshot from CABreeze.

Congratulations, you have reached the rainbow Chain Meter and you are halfway there! In order to create a fruit gem, you must make another 16 CONSECUTIVE matches to fill the rainbow Chain Meter. At this point you have made a total of 32 consecutive matches. If you are successful, a trail of light will drop a fruit gem somewhere on the board. If you are not successful, the Chain Meter empties and you must start all over with yellow bars.
Look DownBejeweled Twist - Fruit Gems - Rainbow Chain Meter Filling Up

The red arrow designates a pink pear-shaped fruit that has been dropped randomly on the board. It will match with the other pink triangles on the board. The upcoming challenge is just to create the fruit gem, not match it to other gems. But if you can match it, the points really add up. Not only does it clear all gems of the same color on the board, but it creates cascades that add even more points. Fruit gems are very good things.
Look DownBejeweled Twist - Fruit Gems - Pink Fruit Gem

Please remember to take your time and look for those matches. If you are stuck, look for the sparkles that will show you a match.
Look DownBejeweled Twist - Fruit Gems - Sparkles Show Matches

My advice is to practice, get to that x10 Multiplier and leave the game ready for the challenge. The game automatically saves your progress. Good Luck!

Special thanks to CAbreeze for sharing her screenshots and to Tom, whose earlier tip inspired her to play Bejeweled Twist in the first place.

Also see Pogo_Bret’s guide on Facebook or Mod_Skratty’s guide on the forums. Both include bomb gems, so following other guides may take longer to earn you the badge than as outlined above.

Filed under: bejeweled twist

1 walla99362 July 19, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Stay with it – took me two days before the light bulb clicked in my brain and i finally caught on how to play….

2 beebop July 19, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I am soooo upset I am close to tears. When I found out about this badge, I have been practicing and practicing and practicing and I now have a “barn burner” of a headache. This is really for “expert” players and I AM NOT but I sure give it my best effort. I am hoping that Pogo will change the requirements for the badge by Wednesday as there “WILL” be an outcry from the majority of “badge collectors”. I have been able to reach the level of “4″ on the meter and then I do something “dumb” and somehow I lose my progress. I am not good at seeing the moves even when I wait for the game to show me. I just have to say, Pogo has stressed me more and more each day that passes and maybe this is a “sign” from above that I am spending too much time playing games. I would like to thank “Tom” also for his tips as I was able to follow what he was doing just fine. It is “ME” having to have a good “eye” on matching the gems up, which I don’t have. Anyway, I will do alot of praying for next Wednesday that this badge requirement gets changed. Thanks so much for allowing me to air my frustrations and a huge Thank you for having this site. “The Bee” p.s. I reread my post and I need to be corrected in the fact that “I allow Pogo to stress me” It really is my fault

3 Ed July 19, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Thanks again Tom and Cabreeze. This is awesome

4 MomsBassetHound July 19, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Once I’m finished with this week’s badges I will get working on this. I played for about an hour yesterday and never got past X3, just kept rotating the wrong gems and losing progress :( But I’m not one to give up easily. I’m as stubborn as it gets….LOL

Thanks for the photos and tips!!!

5 MountainManIain July 19, 2012 at 3:41 pm

WTG Pogo…this is an excellent challenge and is not at all difficult.
Hagd all!
Iain

6 WilliamPorygon July 19, 2012 at 3:43 pm

While I can do this badge okay, I have to agree it’s more difficult and time consuming for the average player than they should be doing with weeklies. Make the weekly badge something that comes naturally while playing like diffusing # bombs or create # flame gems (that one would make the most sense really, given the badge image is a gem being used as a torch…) and save the fruit gems for a mix-and-match or premium challenge.

Anyhow, thumbs up for the guide, CAbreeze. Definitely detailed enough that it should help some players.

7 BonBon July 19, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I second that Ed ~
Thank you SO much CAbreeze and Tom for helping us all out. Also a big THANKS to Lura for posting these instructions. BadgeHungry Rocks!!
I also want to thank Moms for asking the question yesterday in the Q&A section of this fantastic site. Thanks Moms!
I have practiced and played and my multiplier is now ready for Wednesday sitting in the x10 spot :-)
Good luck y’all ~

8 dancing4uluv July 19, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I have been following your tips on this game I can only get to 2x I still do not understand how to get a 10x in this game. I have been playing this game 6 hours and can’t get it. I surely hope pogo will choose a different challange for this next week.

9 Ann July 19, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Thank you so much CAbreeze for the screen shots and Tom for your instructions on how to play without getting the bombs. As I mentioned in a previous post I was never able to get the fruit gems until last night when I was reading BH’s Q&A. I have been able to get 7 fruit gems (not alway though) in one game and I have a friend who never got them before and she got 10 in one game. These instructions are so awesome that I am telling several people to come to Badge Hungry to learn how to complete this challenge (hope Pogo doesn’t change it). Thanks again.

10 ~*~Bobbi~*~ July 19, 2012 at 4:08 pm

thanks 4 this, I’m going to try it out. When I did practice I only got to 3 & then it went back to 1 so I dont even know what I did. not a game I play or like.

11 eggfarmer July 19, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Thank you so much CAbreeze for taking the time to make this guide, it is invaluable and I am very grateful. Thank you also to Tom for his tips on avoiding the bombs. And of course thank you to Lura for publishing it in good time for us all to practice before next week!

12 Lura July 19, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Ann (#9): thank you for your comment! You gave me a great idea…

13 piano617 July 19, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Thank you guys very much. I have been practicing this since yesterday . This tutorial really really helped. I was just about to give up. I read this 4 times then the light went on. You guys are the best.

piano617 (Joyce)

15 player404sasha July 19, 2012 at 4:49 pm

the game won’t let me play so i guess i won’t be getting this badge anyway lol

16 CJ July 19, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I just want to say thank you for showing us this technique. I’m finally starting to get the hang of it, and I’m no longer nervous about next week’s badge.

17 electriciannomor July 19, 2012 at 4:55 pm

to many steps and too much time to take to get a badge that you only have a week to do. i will not be doing this badge next week. just glad the bingo luau badge is easy and i got two tri peak solitaire badges to do to finish off. i do appreciate the help you have provided for next weeks badge though.

18 Esque July 19, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Thanks to previous posts, I’ve finally been able to do this. However, only with the glitches provided by Tom and fadedrose. Don’t think I could do it with out that help, so thank you so much!

19 shill July 19, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Call me crazy, but at the end of playing a level I only see 1 button – PLAY -no MENU button????????

20 oxfordstnboots July 19, 2012 at 5:31 pm

all i can say is — oh my god —-

21 playerFranja July 19, 2012 at 5:35 pm

This was very helpfull, thank you !
I tried it , so now I’m not so worried anymore :-)

22 Flower July 19, 2012 at 5:47 pm

electriciannomor #17 – the game saves your progress, which is good news – meaning you can earn progress over time, by making progress toward the 10x Score Multiplier over weeks/months, then activating and earning the badge when you reach that goal.

This badge may be easier to earn that way for many players, so don’t give up!

23 Evil Queen July 19, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Thanks so much for the tips. I finally figured it out and obviously its going to be a bit of time to do it but if you go slow it can be done. I appreciate those that have taken the time to give the tips they did and show how to do this. If it wasn’t for you guys/girls I wouldn’t have a clue.

24 takenheart57 July 19, 2012 at 6:31 pm

is pogo crazy??????? this is still a fairly new game on pogo come one pogo give us a break

26 Cuppy July 19, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Following Tom’s instructions, the bombs are still there, when I return.

Doing great until those bombs show up.

Thanks everyone for your help. It’s going to be a rough week. :)

27 v July 19, 2012 at 6:56 pm

if any one wants to bet that this will be the challenge, i will bet. This is going to be changed, in some way.

28 bcrd32 July 19, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Well I read all of the helpful tips then tried to get in to practice and the game wont even load so I guess I will not be getting the badge. Is there something I am missing?

29 Kaye July 19, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I DID IT!

Thank you SO much! Pogo’s instructions are unclear, to me anyway, and this breakdown should help so many others.

30 oxfordstnboots July 19, 2012 at 6:58 pm

okay. now i can say thanks so much for the help. i finally played through to the x10 multiplier and finally got a fruit (apple). do they now come more often or do we have to do multipliers of 16 times a whole lot of games to get a fruit again. anyway it is doable so thanks again.

31 LindaKaye49 July 19, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Just want to say thanks for showing how to get the fruit gem in Bejeweled Twist. I practiced and it is easy to do as long as you take your time. I will pass this on to others so they aren’t so nervous about getting that badge next week. Thanks again, I love your site.

32 jigsawing July 19, 2012 at 8:00 pm

IMHO, this challenge should be an optional M&M with the signifier: “Expert Level”. Too
many are too new at this game, and probably are not ever going to be interested in
excelling in it.

33 Susan July 19, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Let’s all email Pogo and complain to lower the requirement :)

34 toni July 19, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Well, I’ve made it to rank 49 without ever having gotten a fruit gem. I can get lightning strikes but no fruit gems. But thanks for the tip on hitting menu and after each game and clicking on quit, cause it sure took a lot of stress out of the game by not having bombs anymore.

35 Terry Ann (bookdepot2733) July 19, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Great tips ~ I am chugging along ~ suffering through the learning curve and like #2 The Bee I have to overcome the inability to see matches….and the game freezes like ALL of my embedded games do at some point.,,even after installing the latest Adobe Shockwave Update at Pogo’s prompting and when I get back into the game ~ Voila! ~ it DID save my progress so all was not lost … I am halfway there and plan on putting that link in every non-BH friend’s mailbox. Thanks Lura.

36 StOrMyEyEs2 July 19, 2012 at 8:42 pm

I have played for I don’t know how long – all I’m getting is a hand that is asleep and 1X still!!! I guess I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, I have almost 200,00 points, but only 1X. I need a break from this…

37 beebop July 19, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Do not “FALL” off computer chairs: I AM GOOD 2 GO – woohooo !!!!!!! Yes, I have a fruit just waiting to get “picked”. I will leave the game alone until Badge Wednesday. Just wait, Pogo will change requirements needed. LOL !!!! No worries, I am now “savvy” to the game. I may not be the “sharpest knife in drawer” but I eventually get it through my “thick head”. Thanks again to CaBreeze and Tom — you will be my “bestest” friends forever. A grateful pogo player, “the bee”. tytytytytytyty !!!!!!

38 MomsBassetHound July 19, 2012 at 9:57 pm

I finally made it thru level 1 and am almost at X4. I will work on this a little at a time b/c I have Holly’s to do also.

My main problem is seeing which gems to rotate to make that 3 match….old eyes :(

But I will get there by next week, or die trying….LOL

39 jaredph July 19, 2012 at 10:58 pm

At first, I thought this badge was way way too long, but after reading the comments below, and trying it out, I appear to have the hang of it! Thank you all very much!

P. S. I actually haven’t gotten a fruit gem myself; I went all the way up to the rainbow scale and then clicked on the quit button, since Pogo saves your progress, hint hint :)

40 Javajojo2 July 19, 2012 at 11:19 pm

I’ve never played this game and took the tip and practiced. Got up to the 10x and stopped, ready for the challenge now. Thank you CAbreeze and Tom for the help, what a great bunch of people that come through this site.. Good luck to all next week!!

41 ess July 19, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Thanks I am going to try this over the weekend

42 dottiedeedee July 19, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Following the superb tutorial and other tips I managed to make it to “10.” BUT I don’t any sparkling gems to indicate possible matches. Am I missing something? Also I had to do make at least 3 matches to get to #2, and to # 3, and then, from # 4 on I had to make the 16 consecutive matches to get to the next one; That is — 16 matches to complete # 5, then 16 matches to complete # 6, etc. When I missed, though, I did not get sent back to #1 I just had to start over and do the sixteen for that number. After finishing #10 it just took the 16 matches to finish the rainbow and get the fruit, also an apple for me. I quit here and am hoping that apple will be hanging there on Wednesday, or that Pogo made a mistake. In carelessly reading the requirements I had just connected getting the fruit with the previous one for Zuma’s Revenge. I associate these two in my mind. Maybe Pogo made the same mistake!

I want to repeat appreciation for the effort, consideration, and, to me, downright genius! involved in devising these tutorials and sharing them with us.

Thank you CAbreeze for today’s tutorial.

and also, again Thank you to William Porygon. I’ve been happily spinning 5 matches since learning how from your tutorial,

43 Carolyn Adams July 20, 2012 at 12:01 am

I want to thank the people that gave the great hints on how to play this game the right way. I do have the first badge but it took forever and my highest score was just over 90,000. Now after several tries i finally got the hang of it and scored over 1 million.
ty ty ty for all the great badgehungry people.

44 luvshoes July 20, 2012 at 12:08 am

I practiced this game for an hour tonight. I finally figured it out, thanks to the wonderful tips posted here. It took me forever but I am now at level 10, just one match shy of getting that fruit. Since my progress will be saved, HOPEFULLY one match more will give me 1 of the fruits. I HATE this game. It took so long to get to level 10. This badge will take FOREVER.

My tip is to play slowly in the classic mode. If you don’t see a match..just wait a minute or two. A match will light up for you to click.

I do wish everyone good luck next week on this badge. We are ALL going to need it!
Jan

45 LadySpades July 20, 2012 at 12:10 am

Kudos to CAbreeze and Tom for the great step by step instructions on how to set up for fruit! Wow.. what a great tutorial! Following the instructions, it took me about an hour to an hour and a half to get myselft set up for the upcoming badge. Thank you!

46 Kermitthefrog99 July 20, 2012 at 4:02 am

i agree with you beebop I hope they change it too because i tried several times and could not get pass x2.

48 badlokii July 20, 2012 at 7:22 am

Eliminating the bombs is a great trick. This challenge will be so much easier without them.

49 bhfallingstar22 July 20, 2012 at 8:07 am

Pogo’s badge page now says it’s ONE fruit gem! yay!

50 beyechonjr July 20, 2012 at 8:07 am

ive read the tutorial couple times.. went and played and i think this will be the first badge that i wont be able to get.. the game just seems to elude me.. will keep practicing but crying uncle already lol

51 ~*~Bobbi~*~ July 20, 2012 at 8:14 am

Ugh! I am not understanding this at all. I unclicked the stones & I have it on classic & I never get over 1…… ????

52 okladyplayer July 20, 2012 at 8:31 am

Maybe somebody at pogo actually tried to play the game. You think? LOL

53 Dulce July 20, 2012 at 8:51 am

Thank you for great instructions – wow. Not only is getting rid of the bombs a great thing, but this trick also works for non-Club accounts. It gets rid of the Coal and Locked Gems too. TYTY

#19 – Re-look at screen shots above. They show you clearly where to find the right buttons.

56 SooZen1 July 20, 2012 at 10:17 am

Looks like Pogo caved already and made the requirement 1 fruit gem :( I was looking forward to this one. Boo.

57 MomsBassetHound July 20, 2012 at 10:36 am

SooZen #56 – You can always play until you get 7 as a personal challenge if you want.

The majority of players do not read the Pogo forums or Badge Hungry, and do not have the photo tutorials that we have seen. So they will have a much more difficult time getting to the goal.

I never would have been able to complete the challenge without the information on Badge Hungry!!!

58 Sarah July 20, 2012 at 10:45 am

Thanks Cabreeze and Tom for the help! I used your hints and was actually able to make it work. What I forgot was that I tried this game before and it gave me a headache lol! I’m not doing it for that reason but congrats to those who do -;) This ‘twist’ one isn’t fun at all. There are too many super fun games to spend this much time, for me, anyway.

59 beyechonjr July 20, 2012 at 11:07 am

been playing and gotten to level 10 but no where close to filling whats needed for a fruit.. as far as lowering the requirement for the badge im sure for those of you that are disappointed there are many of us that would be more then happy to let you play ours lol.. i for one

60 Jason July 20, 2012 at 11:13 am

Another one who just wants to say thanks so much for this tip! Mine is already set up to 10x and ready to go!

Really enjoyed getting to 10x and the time just flew past!

61 ~*~Bobbi~*~ July 20, 2012 at 11:43 am

can I say…HUH?????? I am still not understanding this, I unclicked & I cant get more than 2 I go back to 1 & what is the bomb stone & a stone with a number ?

62 HarmonyandMe1973 July 20, 2012 at 11:46 am

Sooooo glad Pogo knocked the amount down to 1 fruit from 7 fruits. Whew, I was really sweating this one and I play this and Bejeweled 3. I actually like both of them, but at 7 fruits, it would have probably been beyond my reach getting it in a weeks time. Now at least I stand a chance, lol!

63 MomsBassetHound July 20, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Thanks again to everyone involved in the tutorial, you guys rock!!!

I’m now sitting at X10 and ready for the badge. My next chore is to get Holly’s account to X10 and then I’m done with this game until next week.

I NEVER would have accomplished this without BH. Thanks!!!!!

64 SooZen1 July 20, 2012 at 12:15 pm

It is really the most difficult getting to the first fruit. Once there it becomes much easier to get more so for those that are having a hard time filling the meter, the difficulty isn’t going to change much.

65 Krista E. July 20, 2012 at 12:20 pm

When I asked the questions on the Q&A section, I knew a day would come when we would have to tackle a fruit gems challenge. What a relief to not be in the situation so many are facing!

I am SO grateful to Tom for posting the original workaround info, and to Faded for explaining step by step so even a child could understand. You two have my sincere appreciation and heartfelt thanks. You ROCK!

Thank you for the Q&A section Lura. None of this would be possible without it.

66 SooZen1 July 20, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Bobbi, the bomb stone is the stone with the number on it. That number represents how many moves you have to match it before it explodes. What about the tutorial is confusing you and perhaps we can help. You just need to keep making matches of three or more like stones or you will lose your progress. It is really a game that teaches patience because if you wait the little white hint marks will show you a match and there is always a match to be found.

67 badlokii July 20, 2012 at 12:35 pm

The bomb trick works for me. I was able to get a fruit without a single bomb. Thanks again.

68 MomsBassetHound July 20, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Bobbi – If you follow the tutorial you shouldn’t be getting the bombs (gems with numbers on them).

I would start a new game and start over, following the steps on how to quit the game and not get the bombs.

Good Luck!!

69 rusty July 20, 2012 at 1:02 pm

wow, thank you all soooo much for the most helpful hints. I have just one question tho…..I still can’t figure out the correct way to make the match…..am forever clicking on the wrong gem thererby losing my status. Is there a set gem to click on….like bottom right, left…..center…under the two together…beside it…..OMG…please help!!! thanks all and be safe this weekend…..

70 BonBon July 20, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Ohmygosh~ All that work to get to x10 and now it’s just ONE Fruit Gem??
Well this will be the fastest badge on record for me. LOL

71 v July 20, 2012 at 1:08 pm

too bad no one would bet. KNEW the requirements would change. Thanks for the help with this. thinking it will stillll NOT be a popular challenge if it stays this way. gl all

72 ~*~Bobbi~*~ July 20, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I really dont know what is confusing me so much SooZen, I play , get 3 match (only) like 7 in a row, I get up to 2 or 3 on the meter then it goes back to 1, I was up to level 5 had 3 on the meter then level 6 it was 1 ? So, if by sheer chance if I get it up to 9x (which I doubt) I think it won’t stay at 9x’s for the 10xs needed . Should it take 45 minutes to get to a 3x’s? (what am i doing wrong?)

73 Dulce July 20, 2012 at 1:44 pm

#64 Sooz, I agree. Once you get the meter to x10 and get your first fruit, getting more doesn’t take that long in comparison.

#59 beyech, do you mean Level 10 in the game (as in went through 10 screens) or Level 10 on the meter tube? At some point in the discussion here, people started talking about levels (myself included, sorry) when it really is the multiplier on the top of the tube to the left of the gameboard (x3, x4, x10) . The multiplier advances by making consecutive matches of 3 or more gems on EVERY move you make.

74 SooZen1 July 20, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Bobbi, you have to make sure you make a match EVERY move or the meter resets. For me, I sit and think (knowing that the twister(?) always moves clockwise) where the gems will move to if I click, then when I am SURE it will make a match, I click it. It helps me if I try and visualize it beforehand. And if I can’t find a match, I wait for the hint.

75 MomsBassetHound July 20, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Bobbi – You need to make 3 matches (or more) on every move to keep increasing the meter. Every bad move reduces your meter.

I had never played this game on Holly’s account and got to the X10 in about 20 minutes. I had all perfect matches, but I play slowly so I don’t screw up :)

76 Dulce July 20, 2012 at 1:53 pm

#69 rusty – Sorry, saw your post after I hit “submit.”

The movement of the circle is ALWAYS clockwise. The circle covers 4 gems. Using the screen shots above, look at the very last screen shot with the sparkles.

You would need to position your circle so that the bottom orange sparkle gem is at the bottom left position in your circle. (The other gems in that circle would be the red square on top of the orange with two purple triangles on the right side of the circle on top of each other.) When you click, the circle will rotate clockwise, which will move the bottom orange gem up, making the match.

77 fadedwildrose July 20, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Dulce #76 your move on the last screen is correct for a beginner. But a better move would be the circle with the 2 horizontal golds at the top. the clockwise twist will then make a FOUR match which produces a power up gem. The moral is that the sparkles always show a match, but not necessarily the best match. Another 4 match is available just to the right turning 2 purple diamonds up to next to last row.

78 rusty July 20, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Dulce….thank you so much for your advice but I must be really having a DUH day!!! Am already on level 9 but still only on “1″…..hahahaha…..no problem making the matches except that I have to do it in three turns which obviously doesn’t work for this badge..I shall keep trying tho….again thx everyone for all your help!!!!! Maybe before Wednesday, it will all sink in!!!! Great weekend to all and please be safe!!!

79 ~*~Bobbi~*~ July 20, 2012 at 3:09 pm

thanks Soo & Suz , I’m up to 4x’s on the meter on level 7 now , going to take a break from it because even when I wait for the hints I dont see it (eyes must be getting buggy lol too bad pogo doesnt take into account all the *Old* eyes playing games )

80 MomsBassetHound July 20, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Rusty #78 – It could take a very long time, but if you wait it will show you a perfect match everytime. Just make sure you rotate the correct gems to make that match.

I had to look at some of them a few times before I figured out which gems to rotate.

81 Tracey Lyn Nunes July 20, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Hello all well some good news.The badge for Bejewled Twist has been changed to one fruit gem instead of 7.Have A Great Day Tracey

82 janet July 20, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Thank you so much, I was ready to give up on this challenge!! I just got 2 fruit gems!!! Then I kept playing and forgot to click quit and start game again and the bomb got me! So don’t forget that step, I am getting it back to the 10 multiplier now so I will be ready for the challenge! It works, just don’t give up!!

83 whanapian2 July 20, 2012 at 3:41 pm

This tutorial took me for a while to finally realize how to this
Thanks a bunch for the badge and I have practice it and yes I can do this badge
I bet I will eat my shoe that on the badge day many people will complain and EA/Pogo will get so many complaints for this badge :D

84 tbony2 July 20, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Can you only get the fruit at level 10 or can you get it past level 10, also????

85 rusty July 20, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Thanks Suz…will definitely sit and try to be patient…..being patient will be harder then trying to figure out the game!!! lol Once again tho, thx to all and take care. Have a great weekend and please be safe!

Judy

86 ksetch July 20, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I’m practicing and practicing, and I’m depressed! I’m already on level 7 and have only made a 4X multiplier and immediately went back to 1X… thanks for all the hints, but this highly educated Pogo player is Bejeweled Twisted!

87 beyechonjr July 20, 2012 at 4:23 pm

lol i meant level 10 not x10 the little circle now shows im at level 18 the x is at 3 i have been at x5 but keep making the wrong choice and turn them the wrong way… i will rank out before i ever get to x10 if that is possible.. i thought that duck one was bad.. even with this being lowered to one it still seems out of reach but have time for lots of practice lol … i keep reading everyones input to see if i can pick up another clue ,, thanks e1 for sharing

88 Cupcakes_&_Cards July 20, 2012 at 4:48 pm

tbony2 #84 – you get the fruit gems past level 10. I’m on level 16 and currently have 2 on my ‘grid’.

89 ~*~Bobbi~*~ July 20, 2012 at 4:56 pm

I must be getting better ……I started a new game ad at level 5 with a 9x’s, so I am leaving it that way till the badge comes out.! SooZen & Moms (Suz) really helped me out with tips to wait for the hint (& I really did need the break, my eyes were starting to hurt)

90 bcrd32 July 20, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I tried and tried to get into the game (I use IE) so I got into a live chat with Pogo Help and they had me download firefox and the game worked. The thing is I dont know if everyone using IE will have this problem. Can anyone tell me if they are using IE and can get into the game. Also I played for quite a while and just cannot make any progress on the 10x thingy.

91 PamSB July 20, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Well, now I have a problem. You see, I had never played this game before. I saw all the chat about how horrible this was going to be and I thought OMG, how bad CAN it be? So, I went to the game, tried it and said “Impossible” as I flamed out on about X3. Then I read the hints again (both here and from the Editor at Pogo) and then tried again. Slowly, patiently, using all the hints I could…and I got to x10 and FRUIT then another and another. WOWZER. So I left it at x10 and went in under my spoiled sister’s name (since I have to get all of her “hard” ones) and got to x10 and a fruit in a few minutes. Left it there until next week. So, you ask, what the heck is your problem? Easy…I now LOVE this game and want to play it, but also want to leave both mine and hers at x10 for next week. LOL Moral of the story: It really isn’t that bad. Patience and practice and easy peasy. Seriously!

92 skye July 20, 2012 at 5:54 pm

can’t thank everyone enough for these posts – my game has improved so much and i feel
more confidence about the upcoming challenge – it will take me a while but now i know i can get that badge! Pogo players are the BEST !

93 MomsBassetHound July 20, 2012 at 6:24 pm

bcrd #90 – I only use IE and am able to play the game.

My best tip is to follow the photo tutorial, and if you can not see a match wait for the hint to show you. And if you still can’t see it, don’t click until you do see that 3 match.
I had a couple where the hint lit up 3 times before I was able to see the move.

94 RyzandShyn July 20, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Much thanks to CAbreeze and Tom. I tried playing yesterday for a long time and failed, frustrated and with aching eyes.
I couldn’t for the life of me follow the written directions in the Q&A, but this pictorial guide helps me understand.
I’ll try again now that I’m better armed.
Good Luck all!

95 player08628 July 20, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Let me join in the chorus of “hip hip hooray” for BadgeHungry and the players who took the time to show the rest of us how to do this. I too am now sitting pretty at the x10 level, waiting for next Wednesday’s challenges to begin. But I must say, I really don’t know how anyone can get to the level needed for fruit gems without taking advantage of the “bug” in the game (discovered by Tom) that allows you to eliminate the bombs. Is there anybody out there who has achieved fruit gems while allowing the bombs? If so, you definitely deserve some kind of medal!

96 maxit1331 July 20, 2012 at 8:31 pm

i am at the 9th level …the first time around..and dont know if I should stop here or is it safe to go to the 10th and start on the rainbow meter and then stop right before the 10th rainbow meter to wait for the challange…any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks so much for all the tips…never would have figured this game out without them!!

97 brigaja July 20, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Thank you so much for the very clear instructions on getting the fruit gems. After reading them I went to the game, set it up as instructed and OMG, getting the fruit gems was so easy. It should take all of five minutes to get the badge next week. Thank you again.

98 RyzandShyn July 20, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I followed the tutorial and got me a fruit gem! Now I’m set for the challenge.
My biggest mistakes were made by twisting too quickly…..some of the sparkles were obvious and helpful as to what/where/how to twist, and some of the sparkles were less obvious so I had to study the move in order to visualize the correct twist.
My advice would be to proceed slowly to avoid the frustration of having the multiplier reset….”be the twist” before you click.

99 Hels July 21, 2012 at 12:32 am

Thank you so much! I actually tested it and got a fruit gem (though it took me quite a while to get there).

100 lisa July 21, 2012 at 1:34 am

Thank you sooo much for all the tips. Tried it this afternoon and couldnt figure it out, went to work and tried again when I came home. Went duhhh, I get it! Now, not only am I all set up for wednesday, but I got my sisters acct all ready. Ty sooo much e1, I couldnt have figured it out without e1′s help

101 eggfarmer July 21, 2012 at 4:35 am

I followed all of the instructions and have finally set up my multoiplier to 10 x for next weeks challenge. Thank you so much everyone for your wonderful tips.

I have decided that I must be ‘spatially challenged’ because I found it really hard to work out which gem to twist even when they were lit up with the sparkles, and I would chose the wrong one and end up right back at the beginning again. This surely is a challenge!

I laughed out loud at Ryzandshyn – but so true – you have to “be the twist”.

102 bill marshall July 21, 2012 at 7:16 am

TY CABREEZE AND TOM any one following your instructions can get fruit gems easy spent hours before could not get one now i get them all the time thank both of u again

103 doxiemom1 July 21, 2012 at 8:42 am

I am working on another badge in this game and have followed all the instructions to the letter. I am at level 19 and have not seen a fruit gem yet….getting to the rainbow is the problem…it doesn’t automatically come when you hit level 10. Those of you who did actually see a fruit gem and think it will be a five minute badge can do mine for me…..LOL

104 RyzandShyn July 21, 2012 at 8:45 am

lol eggfarmer at 101 -
When I was in graduate school for special education (back in the day), I took a course about evaluating children for learning problems. We were introduced to a bunch of inventories and informal evaluations that might tease out a weakness that could be addressed in the classroom with remedial teaching. We had to practice on other students in the class and our family and friends.
EVERY time I was the pretend student, no matter what the “test”, I failed the spatial relations section. “Spatially challenged” here too. I even thought some of the sparkles suggestions were wrong because it took me so long to “be the twist”.

105 Geri July 21, 2012 at 8:55 am

All i can say is thankyou, thankyou for that helpful hint. Without it i could not have got to level 10. Thankyou guys and thankyou Lura for this great site…..

106 cat July 21, 2012 at 9:23 am

I would like to take time to thank CAbreeze and Tom for the game tips. I finally got to the 10x multiplier it was easier than I first guessed. Thanks Moms for asking for the tips and thanks Lura for posting all the help for the badge.

107 MaggieMae July 21, 2012 at 10:34 am

I got a fruit gem on level 5. One thing I did before playing was to go to options and deselect lava and locked gems. Don’t know if that helps, but it made playing easier for me.

108 ~*~Bobbi~*~ July 21, 2012 at 11:27 am

*** I dont know if anyone will be playing this for a screen name on a *Pass*
but if you are, it can work….The special stones cant be unlocked, but……if you get a Coal Stone….*Click* on *Menu* then *Quit* then just click on *Classic* again the game will still have your progress & the *Coal* stone will be gone . (I am practicing on a nom-member name so I dont mess up my 10x’s with the Rainbow)

109 Flower July 21, 2012 at 12:08 pm

doxiemom1 #104 – Regarding the meter, it shows both multiplier progress & level progress. The multiplier (to achieve the fruit bonus) is the number in the oval at the TOP of the meter, above your score. The level (how many grids you completed) is the number in the circle below your score. The game multiplier (not the game level) gives the fruit bonus. The maximum level for the multiplier is x10. I hope this helps with your badge, good luck!!

110 helcatfaust July 21, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Thank you so much for the advice on how to get the fruit gems. I finally got the hang of it but noticed that my fruit gems keep going up and down. Last night i played for about 4hrs, In that time, my fruit gems went to six, then to three, then to four, then to five, then to six, then to four, then to five. Today i have been playing for a couple of hours and noticed that the fruit gems are coming but not adding up. I got to five again then got thee more fruit gems and yet it still shows five. Why do they keep going down and not getting past five or six. Thank you so much for help.

111 ~*~Bobbi~*~ July 21, 2012 at 1:53 pm

the goal says to *Create* one fruit gem, does that mean we can stop playing if we get that one ? ? ?
I don’t like this game at all & hope Pogo only puts out M&M’s for this one. Or better yet, only Rank Badges.

112 rut984 July 21, 2012 at 2:17 pm

will someone please repost the hints tom gave on how to avoid the bomb as i dont see his post listed thankyou

113 MomsBassetHound July 21, 2012 at 2:50 pm

rut #112 – Tom’s tips are steps 1 thru 4 in the photo tutorial above.

114 Mrs. Mike Brown July 21, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Awesome tutorial! I wasn’t even going to do the badge. Now I’m at the rainbow meter saving it for badge day..Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for us!

115 doxiemom1 July 21, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Well it’s been about five hours on and off and I just can’t get to the 10X ….so thanks to all for the great advice but Pogo can keep this badge. I usually don’t give up this easy but this game really takes too much time and effort.

116 Kathleen aka snstlvr48 July 21, 2012 at 5:36 pm

thank you everyone for your help with next week challenge, but i do wish POGO would have keep it at 7

117 Berniece Metcalf July 21, 2012 at 6:26 pm

I was so excited to learn to play Bejeweled Twist using the instructions and screen shots I found here. It sure made it a lot easier. I have been practicing and can get the fruit gems using these tops also. My high score today was 4,314,890!!! Great big thanks for this information.

118 beyechonjr July 21, 2012 at 6:37 pm

i read and reread the hints..played and played and stopped watching the x number.. all of a sudden it must have clicked i was getting matches and when i looked up i was at x8.. im at the rainbow ready for the fruit on both names..woohoo.. 2nd name took less then half hour to get there..thanks all of you for your hints..now the game is fun and i enjoy playing it.. i still make some bad moves lmao but laugh and just go on.. wish there was someway to do the badge for those still having a hard time..wish all of you gl

119 dragon7380 July 21, 2012 at 7:42 pm

This is not as hard you might think it is. Follow the directions and watch the hints. You will train your brain to think in a different way. this is no different than how you retrain your brain in Sweet Tooth 2 to look at a diagional move.

I took my time, followed the hints and got a fruit gem. This has even gotten me reinterested in this game. I love Bejewelled Blitz on Face Book and was really hoping that it would be the same on Pogo.

Don’t give up, you guys can do it also.

120 Amy C July 21, 2012 at 8:03 pm

I tried this yesterday and got so frustrated and gave up. I decided to try again early this morning and I actually figured it out and got a pink fruit gem. I jumped on my boyfriends account and was quickly able to get to the 10x and got an orange fruit gem. I’m so glad I decided to give it another try.

A special thanks to Tom & CABbreeze. Without you I would not be able to get this badge. And a very special thanks to Lura because without you we wouldn’t have this wonderful site and its great tips!

Now I just wish Pogo had left it at 7. I really want to get more than 1 lol.

121 Molly July 21, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I don’t know how you who managed to get so far in this game, I can’t get past
x2. I have been playing off and on all day, and when I’m not playing I’m trying to figure it out and then I try again. But now I’m giving up, it’s not worth making such a fuss about, it’s only a game. I don’t like to give up, I may try again but for now, I’m done. Good luck to everyone!

122 scarlet8715 July 22, 2012 at 4:35 am

I just wanted to add my thanks too for the tips and photo tutorial, without it I would not be in a position to get next week’s badge.

123 dragon7380 July 22, 2012 at 11:39 am

This is easy. Follow the directions and you will get this easily. I am on level 29 and I have gotten dozens of the fruits you need. And the fun thing is if you follow the directions and use the Quit button you do not have to restart working your way up the ladder…..you are already there.

just like “walla99362″ said……you play, let the game help you, then all of a sudden your brains starts seeing moves.

124 Carolyn Adams July 22, 2012 at 3:11 pm

This is a wonderful tip. The highrsdy score I ever got was 79,000 no I can get over 1 million. ty ty ty

125 msgoof6 July 22, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Finally got to X10 multiplier. Don’t know why this seemed so hard but I think its like any new game; you have to play it for awhile and then the light bulb goes on. I actually like the game now and will probably play for the 7 fruit next week just for my own satisfaction.
Big Kudos to CAbreeze and Tom and everyone else who posted here. What a great group we have here in the Badge Hungry Community. It truly is one for all and all for one.

My only tip is, if you make a bad connection, forget about it and concentrate on making at least 2 good ones before you make a bad choice again.

HAGDEO

126 Lucy13Hu7 July 22, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Holy Cow!

127 ddsrocks July 22, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Many, many thanks to Tom and CAbreeze!!! I would not have been able to figure this out on my own~~~! Even with the great instructions, there are times when my mind just does NOT SEE the match, even when the game points it out. Tonight I realized just how blind I can be. But I do as some have suggested and WAIT until I *see* how the match is going to be made before I click….otherwise, the meter resets to zero again. But I got a fruit!! YAY!! Thanks again for all the help! BadgeHungry is a wonderful place with wonderful peoples, who’re always so helpful. Wish I had found it years ago – have been a Pogo person since 2000. Yes, I think this new game could become an addiction, if I can conquer it first. :)
Smiles, DD

128 Molly July 23, 2012 at 1:49 am

I had to come back and tell everyone who has had trouble with this game, do not give up!.. I took a break from it and then went back and did like Cabreeze and Tom said, WAIT, don’t rush it. My light bulb finally went off and now I’m hooked. I’ve gotten two fruit gems so far, your eyes do have to hone in on the matches.
Thanks Cabreeze and Tom and especially Lura, I always check here on Wednesday before I even start the badges just to get the helpful hints. Good Luck Everyone!

129 dishwasher2007p July 23, 2012 at 1:52 am

the key is not make too many turns. you will lose it. then you start over again. u need
to get 10x for the fruit gem.i find its not easy to get it.

130 Carolyn July 23, 2012 at 2:09 am

I too want to thank CAbreeze and Tom for their great instructions on playing Bejeweled Twist. I also agree when they say to take your time when you first start playing the game. Thanks to Badge Hungry for getting this information to all of us.

131 kathy July 23, 2012 at 9:32 am

hi i read the comments and tutorial… thanks again for tutorial! well done
i can not get the fruit….
i try on badge day… i probably will request this badge from customer service
the game to me is very frustrating because it re sets the leval when you miss and the hints are not always good…. i glad others have gotten to 10x and will get their badge
take care

132 shygram July 23, 2012 at 10:16 am

TY, TY, TY for the great tutorial. With the help of the tutorial and my grandson’s good eyes I am ready for Wednesday. It does definitely take patience.

133 Whylynn July 23, 2012 at 2:29 pm

TY for the tutorial, I would never have even tried the game again without it, as the first time I tried I just gave up, saying ‘well, that’s not for me’. OK, now I’ve tried it, and guess what? It’s not for me! My physical brain cannot do these types of spacial games, and even though I tell myself that I am not a stupid person, eventually I just sit and cry. I simply do not see the matches. The little sparkles can show them, but I cannot see how to make them in only 1 move. So, for the first time ever, both I and my friend who help each other with badges will not be able to do this. Why, Pogo, would you give us a weekly badge that is so difficult, not to mention time-consuming, for so many? I have better (and happier!) things to do with my free time.

134 dishwasher2007p July 23, 2012 at 3:44 pm

when you play it. look for the hint and figure it out. for one move only for 3 of diamonds.you dont see anymore. press menu. and try again. colors level move up.
it does climb like 1x and 2x and 3x 4x. i has seen it.do not press new game. its one
move only. to fill it up for the next level. so becareful.

135 Lucy13Hu7 July 23, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Hey, I got a fruit gem thanks to CAbreeze, Tom and Badgehungry!

136 StaceyC July 23, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I don’t know what I would do without you guys. I definitely wouldn’t have all the weekly badges.

137 Sara July 23, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Like everyone else, I ,too, must thank the tremendous trio of CAbreeze, Lura, and Tom. I had previously encountered Bejeweled Twist at PopCap, and I knew then that it was not a game for me. When I saw that the badge was coming up next week, my heart sank. I immediately tried the game again. I reached Rank 2, but with no sign of any fruit. The tips from the Letters to the Editor section did not help me. I was lost (sigh).
Then I found this how-to on Badge Hungry. All of the tips were helpful, as well as those added by players who had gone out and slain the dragon named Bejeweled Twist. I managed to get a fruit gem and came to a full stop to await Badge Day.
However, I knew that I needed a lot more practice at recognizing matches so I went to PopCap again. Of course, you can’t eliminate coal or bombs or save progress, but you can practice “seeing” matches. I have now managed to get fruits on PopCap in spite of the coal and bombs. The trick, I think, is to make matches quickly enough to escape the current level before the bombs go off, if possible.
However, because of the tips here, none of that is a problem. Everyone is right; take your time and wait for the “sparkles” if necessary. I went back to my game on Pogo, and I need one more match to get a fruit. I will continue to practice on PopCap, but I will take no chances on Pogo.

138 Sara July 23, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I’m sorry. I forgot to add that music helps. I listened to a lot of George Harrison, especially “All Things Must Pass”.

139 judy July 24, 2012 at 1:40 am

I made two fruit gems, took me a long time. Haven’t gone to bed yet. going now. Had fun doing it. Hope I can win the badge. Keep trying and you will succeed. good luck everyone and god bless!

140 laura July 24, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I want to thank lura and everyone on bh for all the tips to play Bejeweled Twist. I have been lucky to get to 10x and got the rainbow.So unless my curiosity gets the best of me, I’m all set for the challenge.I don’t know how many challenges bh has help me complete. I do appreciate this site as much as being a Club Pogo member. Thank you all very much. laura

141 LacertaCK July 24, 2012 at 4:37 pm

This badge is also totally doable without using this workaround. I didn’t know about it and have been playing all week working on getting to rank 10 for the first badge . So far my personal best is level 12 (almost made level 13 once), and I have gotten as many as 7 fruit gems in one game (although not all on the screen at the same time, obviously). I do turn off the coal and locked gems, but I play with the bombs.

I would also like to say that I have seen people repeatedly say that there is “always a match available in one move”. I would like to caveat that by saying “as long as you made a match with your last move. If you misclick and mess up your only available match, then there may not be one available.

142 Ms T~ July 24, 2012 at 11:51 pm

I have not seen any fruit the only fruit I seen was (me) the FRUIT trying to get a fruit ROFL

143 Jessie Boisvert July 25, 2012 at 9:08 am

I have tried these steps and I am so ready to scream plus I am not good at this game so it looks like I will not be getting for me or hubby :( wtg to the ones that got it

144 catlovertimes5 July 25, 2012 at 9:13 am

Worked like a charm – thanks Lura and Tom. Got the badge in about 10 minutes! :)

145 mrsabsolu619 July 25, 2012 at 10:05 am

go slow take your time it will help remember there is no fun in rushing enjoy the game

146 barb July 25, 2012 at 11:24 am

well I did try the above…but to no avail……I was up to level 11,,,still at 1 x….:(dum game…

147 Baboodie July 25, 2012 at 11:53 am

Without Tom’s tutorial & Badge Hungry, frankly I would’ve given up on this crazy badge.

It took a while to wrap my brain around being vewy vewy careful to get the consecutive moves, and when I finally got a fruit gem (grapes), I quit without completing the round. Whoops! But thankfully, because of the tutoring, it was back to Menu, Quit, Classic to achieve the Torch Bearer badge.
Thanks so much!

148 TupperJ July 25, 2012 at 11:55 am

Wow, This is a doozy. Thanks so much for the advice, now I just need to remember all of it! LOL…I’ve worked on this one WAY too long already, it makes me nervous. I can’t see those moves well enough…yikes. I will keep on, I hope I don’t miss this badge, as I have every single badge ever issued. (weeklies) This one just might be the hardest ever…I’ve never made it past 2X yet! :( Thanks for all the hints and tips…ONWARD!
Tup

149 BeeGeeGal9146 July 25, 2012 at 12:09 pm

OMG!!!!! I have been at this badge now for 5hours and i cannot get it. This is sooooo frustrating. I followed all the tips you have posted here but nothing. I have every badge from the weekly challenges but doesn’t look like i’ll get this one :(

150 TupperJ July 25, 2012 at 12:14 pm

It’s me again…I’m not following the sparkling gems…I have made too many mistakes twisting THEM! I was doing PRETTY good, up to 3X, then…couldn’t see the move, waited for the sparkles, then twisted them wrong. Is there a hint from you pros on how to recognize which way to twist them? I see they sparkle in kind of a 1-2-3 fashion. I still twisted them wrong. Geez…total frustration, all over a weekly challenge. Blood pressure is rising…( ;~) )Yikes…Help?

151 Chris July 25, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Many thanks for these tips. Had never played this before and they made getting the badge so much easier!

152 jncocidz July 25, 2012 at 12:26 pm

thank you for hints in twisted took a bit but got it.

153 ~*~Bobbi~*~ July 25, 2012 at 12:40 pm

TupperJ #150….when you see the match with the hint (sparkle) the *twister* goes in a circle & the circle is there to see where the gem will fall into place …..I was looking at the Sparkles & never realised the Twist was wrong until I saw the *Circle*
hope that helps

154 Amy2075 July 25, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Oh, wow. Thank you so very much for this! I had a try to get a fruit to see if I could do it, but realised it was going to take me absolutely ages, if I got it at all. Used the tips and got it in 8 levels, and that was including losing multipliers by making rookie mistakes. Thank you once again, I now have plenty of time to help my mum if she needs it!

155 judy July 25, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I’ve been reading all the comments…if you can’t find a match..just wait for 30 seconds or so..and a sparkle will appear to tell you where the match is..but make sure you make the correct turn..gl ev1..after 3 hours..i finally figured out how to win..then it took me about 20 minutes to get the badge..

156 Linda July 25, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Thank You so much for the guide, it took me about an hour to get the hang of it and then my badge.

157 jaxkai July 25, 2012 at 3:55 pm

thank you so much for the directions i love this game and had no idea those things even existed it was easy to do and i so appreciated the tip about saving where i was and no bombs. once i learned a little patience and when i was stuck i just waited for the game to show me the match i got my fruit in nothing flat. i cant wait ti play some more. thank you thank you

159 MoonmaidenNYC July 25, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Thanx so much for the tips! They really really helped me ! Don’t know what or how I would have gotten this badge if it wasn’t for Badge Hungry. Again ty ty ty!!

160 vee July 25, 2012 at 7:30 pm

awesome tutorial…took less than 1/2 hour.
thank you!

161 Janet July 25, 2012 at 9:11 pm

thanks, it worked and helped me get the fruit just that pogo said it was having trouble displaying my badges so I went in under a diff name and checked on myself in friends list and it did not even show me in a room. I did it 2x and never got the badge..I’m thinking they need to play the games that go with pogo, not facebook.

162 TupperJ July 25, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Bobbi! #153…thank you so much. I am going to try again! Thanks for taking your time…all of you…to explain this game to the people that are trying hard to get it! Onward…games shouldn’t be this hard. It’s a GAME… Thanks again…I will let you know!

163 Sancran July 25, 2012 at 9:19 pm

A huge thank you to CAbreeze for fantastic advice on getting the badge. I followed the instructions step by step and it only took about 20 minutes. For those who haven’t tried yet, just go slowly. It is possible. And….another big thank you to badge hungry for providing these comment pages.

164 Hummingbirdno1 July 25, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Holly molly and I’m saying it nice lol is all I can say about this badge. I can’t get it even with all the tips. This one is hard to get…… gl e1

165 misterperiod July 25, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Thank you so much!! Never would have figured this out!

166 TupperJ July 25, 2012 at 10:23 pm

OMG, you all are much smarter than me. I’m not going to get this badge, I just don’t get it. I twist the sparkle ones wrong! I’m not good at these puzzle type games…hand me the card games and the word games…I’m a whiz at those. I’m so sad…This is right up there with that RISK badge a couple years ago…Pogo ended up giving us that one…this will be the ONLY one I don’t have. I just can’t stress over this game. It’s NOT a game to me! (insert sad face here…) Thanks just the same everyone, it seems like there are some catching on.

167 Indy Cindy July 25, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Please add me to the list of those sincerely thankful for CAbreeze, Tom and Lura. Without you, I wouldn’t have been able to get this badge. I had practiced and practiced on my own this week without luck, Then after reading and reviewing the screen shots here, and giving it another determined whirl, (and yes some going backward instead of forward a few times) – waaalaaa success! Much appreciation for the help.

168 Nicole July 25, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Thank you so much!! After following the instructions, my very next game I got the badge. The rainbow 10 was very stressful though! Knowing one wrong move would send me back gave me a few grey hairs!

169 MomsBassetHound July 25, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Janet #161 – You (or anyone) will NEVER show as playing when it’s a game where you can NOT choose a room.

Once you get the fruit you need to complete the level in order to be awarded the badge.

170 Jill July 25, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Thank you so much! That didn’t take long at all, and I never would have understood how to do it without these tips!

171 rut984 July 25, 2012 at 11:50 pm

thanks everybody for all the tips on getting this bejeweled badge. without all the tips many of us would still be scratching our heads in frustration. i got it but not in just a few minutes lol. takes lots of patience for sure. i love this site.

172 Linda July 26, 2012 at 1:08 am

Thank you so much for the tips!!! I love this site!

173 brendie042 July 26, 2012 at 5:47 am

Thanks so much for the hint! I got it! Never would have without it!

174 Jeanetta July 26, 2012 at 7:45 am

Thank you so much for this tutorial. Last week I set my game up as above and got my badge withing half hour. I NEVER would have got the badge without it, I did not even know you could get to level 10, let alone know how to get a fruit! Long live badge hungry!

175 sjengland July 26, 2012 at 8:30 am

Gonna try again today. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it

176 Txchickbychoice July 26, 2012 at 9:08 am

what level do you have to be before you can make a fruit?

177 Pat July 26, 2012 at 10:09 am

gesh im up to level 14 and i cant get a fruit gem to save my life… my fingers are killing me

178 MomsBassetHound July 26, 2012 at 10:27 am

TxChick #176 – It has nothing to do with levels. It is all about the multiplier. You need to make continual perfect matches to increase the multiplier meter. Any wrong move will decrease the meter.

Play on Classic as it is not timed. Go slow and wait for the hints if you do not see a perfect move. Make sure you are twisting the correct 4 gems, there is no undo.

Good Luck!

179 LadyNessie July 26, 2012 at 11:01 am

It was Tom who first posted about doing the “PLAY – MENU – QUIT – click on CLASSIC – PLAY AGAIN” tip, yes? All I know is that after reading that first post on how to do it, I can come up with a Fruit Gem in 5 to 10 minutes now, depending on the layout of the Gems on the playing field. I got that badge yesterday in about 6 minutes! Whoo-Hoo – and many, MANY sincere thanks!! <3

How awesome that CAbreeze also is helping everyone with that visual step-by-step to help see exactly how it works …I do not post here on BH very often but, Tom, CAbreeze, and EVERYONE who takes a bit of time to post their tips and helps regarding the various games and badges – thank you, thank you, Thank You!!! I come here before I go on to Pogo, and am SO grateful that you are all here, and VERY grateful to Lura and all she does in bringing BH to us …thank you all, very much, and please know just HOW much you are appreciated!!! <3

180 Jeffrey Raker July 26, 2012 at 11:23 am

Thanks for the help. You made it easy to get.

181 MomsBassetHound July 26, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Levels / Multiplier – 2 totally different things

I just went in under a friends account, knowing that she had never played the game.

I was already at the X10 multiplier when I made my first move at level 5, finished the
X10 rainbow multiplier in level 6, which gave me the fruit gem.

That was with a 100% perfect match game, I made no mistakes from start to finish.

It all has to do with perfect matches, nothing at all to do with what level you are playing.

182 Malcolm July 26, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Thank you all very much, i have just got the badge, which i would never have achieved without all the great help here (again)

thanks all again

take care

183 Zerpiah July 26, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Thank you so much for the help. I wouldent have a clue how to get 10x without this. I tried to play as fast as i could, but i just had to do the opposite! And what a great score i got! :))

184 dishwasher2007p July 26, 2012 at 12:20 pm

everything is true about the guide. i got the badge.i had a bomb.so i press it quit then
then press classic. and also use it you make a mistake. try again repeat the game. does
work. its one move to match of three gems.color level goes up. not 3 turns at all.it
goes down of three turns.its true about the sparlkers around the gem. and need to
look for match for two gems. to make of three gems.

185 peg swanger July 26, 2012 at 12:37 pm

took me a few more games after the fruit to get the badge. I reached level 10 and 20 and no badge has been awarded. Has this happened others?

186 Ashley July 26, 2012 at 1:09 pm

THANK YOU SOO MUCH! I know it looks tough but its not. I just beat it in 20 minutes! Quitting out of the game and going back makes all the difference, I don’t think you could make fruit gems otherwise. You become too occupied with them. I just took my time thought and then RE thought any move I was going to make. Best advice is to not rush through it, that’s when you accidentally make a move you don’t want and when you become pissed at the game haha

187 mon3124303 July 26, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I have been playing this game for hours and I am not having luck. It does not reach 10x to get the fruit gem. I must be stupid at this game and I am frustrated. I have put alot of effort in this game. I have gone up to 13 level and nothing. The video said go to level 5 without mistates and will get the fruit gem. I did not. This game is crazy,. I am not a happy camper. I will never get this badge being so frustrated. I feel takes a expert to do this challenge.

188 lauradesiree July 26, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Those still having difficulty getting the Bejeweled Twist badge Pogo Bret has a video on pogo news to help.Maybe seeing someone else play will help. Thanks to all the tips on bh.

189 MomsBassetHound July 26, 2012 at 2:49 pm

mon #187 – If you play a perfect game, every move a perfect match, then you would get the multiplier to X10 by level 5 or level 6. You then need to continue to make perfect matches to complete the X10 rainbow on the multiplier and you will get the fruit. Once you finish that level you will receive the badge.

But in order to do this by level 5 you can NOT make a match that takes more than 1 twist. EVERY move must make a perfect match of 3 or more gems.

It does not take an expert to win the badge. What it takes is patience. The Classic version is NOT timed. Do NOT make a move unless you are sure it will make a match.
Go SLOW, wait for the hint if you have to. There is NO time limit.

190 Karen July 26, 2012 at 3:16 pm

This is great info…Than you for taking the time to explain it to us! It took me a couple of days and alot of ahem words but I got it. And ya know what…I like the game! Hahaha
Thanks again

191 dearSMarie July 26, 2012 at 4:30 pm

OK…gonna give this challenge another try now that I know how to turn the bombs off, THANKS TOM!!

192 ImTheGreenFairry July 26, 2012 at 4:40 pm

just spent a couple hours, then got a fruit gem. freaked out at first cause i was so excited to get it, but didn’t get credit. you have to finish the level before you get credit. good luck everyone! wearing this one proudly.

193 ImTheGreenFairry July 26, 2012 at 4:40 pm

and thanks to everyone who gave us the hints!

194 Doreen July 26, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I don’t think i will be getting this badge, never played the game before and don’ t like it much nor understand it much, but tks for all the tips…..Tried them, but still can’t seem to get it

195 Mary July 26, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Thank you so much for sharing!!!! I would never have been able to get this badge without your help.

196 mgrissman July 26, 2012 at 7:16 pm

197 nursecat58 July 26, 2012 at 7:20 pm

To everyone for the tips———-a great big thank you!!!!

To everyone having trouble with the badge—–hang in there and take your time.

Believe me, when I read about everyone getting their badge and I was still struggling even with the tips——I just resolved that I was going to take my time and think about every move. Yes, I screwed up a few times and got knocked back, but I did it and I even got a match with the fruit and scored big time!!!! Thanks again for the tips!!!

198 Margaret July 26, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Thank you sooooooo much for this guide–I would NEVER have gotten this badge if it weren’t for this!

199 maryfrances July 27, 2012 at 1:06 am

I did it…..I got the fruit and the big points, but it took me 6 hours and I kept getting to the rainbow and getting knocked back to level 10…..that happened at least 4 times and I did it….I did it…..yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Only badge this hard at first was Mahjong Garden and it became my favorite game…ranked out and still go back sometimes. This one I might even play for fun now that I can finally see it. Oh, and the last 2 rainbows….I waited for the hints and made sure and still missed it on my last notch on my next to last rainbow!! “))))))))

200 SemperFi3067 July 27, 2012 at 10:23 am

Great tips for getting the fruit grems! Would never have figured it out on my own, thanks!

201 Swat1948 July 27, 2012 at 11:26 am

I must be stupid because I just cannot grasp it, some of us older folks not raised on video games are having a real hard time getting this badge. I make some progress and try to turn some gems and loose all progress. I am pretty sure this will be one badge I am NOT getting.

202 jacqui July 27, 2012 at 2:03 pm

What a star you are – thanks so much for the info. Now have badge!!!

203 Sweetness6645 July 27, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I finally got it :-)

Have a good weekend all.

204 gabrielle July 27, 2012 at 4:38 pm

If a challenge for a game emits this much dialogue – shame on POGO! I for one played till my head was ready to explode. Not worth it to me.

206 ddsrocks July 27, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Just a footnote after having gotten the badge with all the wonderful BH advice and comments….I stuck with this game until I *think* I finally understand all it’s quirks!! And now, I am ADDICTED to it! You have created a MONSTER hahaha! It is quite fascinating and can be a bit challenging to set up deliberate shots and cascades…good for this old brain to learn new tricks. Many heartfelt thanks, DD :)

207 Dulce July 27, 2012 at 5:42 pm

cornbread #205 – OMG, great guide for circle placement. TY to your friend for doing it and you convincing her to share it with us.

gabrielle #204 – The problem Pogo has always had was in not having great tutorials for most of their games (IMO). It has gotten even worse with the imbedded games. When you add in no chat, so players can’t help each other (which was always one of the big pluses of Pogo), you get a mess like this. I believe the badge is doable, but I also think Pogo should have started with a different badge requirement for this new game instead.

208 sun July 27, 2012 at 6:09 pm

I did it! Thanks to the tips on this site i was able to take my time andget through. OMG it did take me three attempts (even after reading the help), two days and probably 6 hours–not my kind of game AT ALL!! Good luck–Ahh, POGO-I will take this time to mention 2000 tokens is rediculas–try 10,000 next time and other games should be 5000-IMO– just saying

209 JuneBride15 July 27, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Thank you all for the tips! After spending many hours playing on Weds and Thurs I decided I’d have to forgo this badge. I went back this afternoon and got the badge! I wish I knew the name of the person who wrote a comment about how she was just going to keep trying. It inspired me to do the same. So thank you all for your help and inspiration. And thanks Pogo for changing it from 7 fruits (!!!!!) to one!
JuneBride15

210 bbee4u- July 28, 2012 at 12:02 am

Thank you so much for the guide, without it me and five of my friends would NEVER have got the badge! Even knowing how to do it you need patience…lots of it. I made so many mistakes, wrong twists etc, but perseverance paid off! thanks again

211 mon3124303 July 28, 2012 at 5:15 am

I played this game and i reached 10x level. Change the color and got a fruit. It was the yellow fruit. I matched it with the yellow gems. It did not count and went back to 10. Did it again and another fruit. This time green. I matched it and did not count. I am so frustrated with this game and been playing it for days. I am discourged with this badge.

212 ElmoBines9 July 28, 2012 at 6:54 am

Bejeweled Twist looks like a good game. I, however and a lot of other Club Pogo members are unable to play the game at all because we have Macs and this is strictly a Windows PC game. Thanks a lot Pogo.

213 MomsBassetHound July 28, 2012 at 9:50 am

mon #211 – You need to finish the level…..and check your earned badges by looking at your profile. It doesn’t always pop up when it’s awarded.

Congrats on getting the fruit!!!

214 Sjaan13 July 28, 2012 at 11:39 am

CornBred 1897 Thanks for the link , I printed it out and will save it. It will make this game so much easier. For all with info printed here which helped use this tip, will help with moves. Thanks again

SJaan

215 Ann July 28, 2012 at 12:36 pm

mon211 – It is not necessary to match the fruit gems with the same color gems. You just need to get them. So I would just concentrate on making perfect matchs to finish the level. Good luck.

216 brigaja July 28, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I would like to thank all for the instructions on how to get the fruit gems. I am now totally addicted to this game, and have played for hours since getting the badge. I just completed level 75 (yes, seven-five) and have a score of over 23K. My only problem with this game now is that I cannot see detailed info as to how many gems, fruits, lightning, etc. like you can on most other games, by going into profile, etc. I guess if I pay for the other parts of BT , that info would be there. But anyway, thanks to all who posted hints and very clear directions on how to win this badge.

217 Amy C July 28, 2012 at 6:57 pm

brigaja #216 Level 75!!! Wow that is far. Way to go! As far as stats go, I don’t believe stats are available at all in this game so I would double check first before you spend your money on it.

218 wearymom3 July 28, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Elmo (#212), I run a mac and I had no problem playing the game on Safari or on Chrome. I am not sure that is why you can’t play. I didn’t do the most recent java update as I had heard others had problems and didn’t want to mess things up.

I also want to echo the most profound thanks for the hints and directions. Like the very first commenter, I played with no understanding (even with the directions) and then, finally and thankfully, the light bulb clicked on. It became almost intuitive although I did force myself to slow down and wait for the hints to light up at times. I do much better with the horizontal matches than the vertical ones for some reason.

219 linda July 29, 2012 at 10:40 am

Thanks for the mtips ,am going to try it

220 Carole July 29, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I have made it to rank 12 or 13 and still no fruit. Wouldn’t have made it this far without the great tips, thank you. Hoping I will eventually get the elusive piece of fruit. Good thing I am retired.

221 Sarah July 29, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Got it on my first try! Thanks so much for this awesome guide!

222 Jennifer July 29, 2012 at 8:41 pm

After finishing last weeks badges I played this game in all the free time I had. I read through this page of tips and, this week, I watched Pogo’s video. None of that seemed to help and I was beginning to think I was really quite stupid for not being able to get this game.

Last night, I decided to go back and give it one last shot. I promised myself that if I couldn’t do it I’d give up and be happy with the thought that I’d tried my best. Apparently, something must have clicked in my tired old brain because I suddenly “got it” and was finally able to get the badge! I managed to get it for both my accounts and now I don’t have any trouble at all getting a fruit gem. Yes, it takes time and yes, it’s still not the easiest thing in the world to do but it is doable.

I think, that for me at least, the only way to really get a good handle on this game is to play it until you’re almost sick of it so you can get a good understanding of how the rotation works and just what gems to rotate when the game gives you your hints. I can’t tell you how many hints I wasted because I rotated the gems the wrong way to make the match. For this game, practice DOES make perfect. And keeping in mind all the tips and tricks other users have put out there to help.

I still don’t think this was a very good challenge on Pogo’s part. This badge would have been better as a Mix & Match. This is a tough game to learn, I think and I’m not looking forward to another Bejeweled Twist challenge any time soon! lol

Thanks for all the hints and tips for BT!

223 dishwasher2007p July 30, 2012 at 9:15 am

read the help guide it works. and also you need color of rainbow on the 10x.

224 Babe July 30, 2012 at 11:18 am

I’ve been playing the dang game for 5 days now. Give me (us) a break!! You’ve got some
stupid games on pogo, but this one takes the cake! Yes, I’ve watched the video about 3 time now. I’ll try again; if I live that long

225 einjohn97 July 31, 2012 at 9:18 am

I did it!!!! And I am not in a padded cell yet! Thank you all for your help, I could not have done it without you. I do have a question tho, what do we do with these points we get, are they useless?

226 Frosty July 31, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Thank you all for help with the Bejeweled Badge…..Never could have gotten the badge without your help. Worked on it for days and just now finished it. Thanks especially to Cornbread and her friend. That is what helped me the most. I read all the tips and watched the video many times and I am so glad that badge is over. Don’t think I’ll be addicted to that game. LOL Thank you all again .

227 karlalae August 1, 2012 at 12:20 am

THANK YOU!! I got the badge..then couldn’t stop LOL.. got 11 fruits :D. Really grateful for the step by steps!

228 toni August 8, 2012 at 3:50 am

Finally ranked out, but the badge is soooo ugly! At least I don’t ever have to play it again, but now I’m kinda hooked, lol

229 vknumbnuts August 13, 2012 at 12:15 am

I would never have gotten the badge in Bejeweled Twist without your helpful hints.
Now, my problem is, I may have to join a Bejeweled Twist Quitters Club. I am practically
glued to my screen and mouse playing Bejeweled Twist. I love the fact it keeps my progress going…until I make an incorrect twist, but since I seldom make incorrect twists now, I just want to play for hours and hours on end. But, thanks again for the information.

230 taman August 28, 2012 at 2:22 pm

It’s August 28th and I think POGO fixed or changed this game. Even if I quit and restart the game the time bombs now come up! They do take longer to tick down, but I also am getting more then one bomb at a time.

231 Lura August 28, 2012 at 2:30 pm

taman: you’re right. The release notes for today say they did a “Minor Update”. I guess not being forthcoming with changes in release notes is going to be their standard operating procedure.

232 eggfarmer August 28, 2012 at 3:38 pm

O’h nooooooo — I was just loving Bewelled Twist as it was – you could take your time and play for hours.

Does anyone have some good tips for beating the bombs????

233 MomsBassetHound August 28, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I’m on level 143 and any bombs that I have seen have at least a 20 on them, so problem getting rid of them while not losing my multiplier.

234 MomsBassetHound August 28, 2012 at 5:45 pm

My last post should have said….NO problem getting rid of the bombs. I completed level 143, never set off a bomb, multipler never went below X10, and got over 1400 tokens. I think it was more fun with the bombs, but that is my opinion.

236 eggfarmer August 29, 2012 at 4:17 am

Thank you to Moms and Tom T. for your advice.

With my heart in my mouth – I tried it – and I managed to defeat the bombs and retain my score and level, …. and I agree the bombs do make the game more ‘challenging’, but I also find it more stressful.

239 Linda Montgomery October 27, 2012 at 9:55 pm

After following the step-by-step instructions, I’m still getting the bombs. Don’t know how to avoid them now.

240 Lura October 28, 2012 at 5:53 am

Linda: the note right under the heading “Eliminate Bomb Gems” states “Note: as of 8/28/2012 Pogo has patched this glitch and you can no longer eliminate bomb gems.”

241 eggfarmer October 28, 2012 at 9:30 am

Linda – I think that Pogo might have tweaked the game AGAIN… because I have found that quitting when a bomb gets close to going off and then coming back in doesn’t work any more and that when you come back in the screen is exactly as you left it and it has not re – set and the bomb time remains the same.

But that being said – you can still play the game and get the gems, you just blow up and have to start at level 1 again.