Mini Mall Release: Food!

April 5, 2012 · 24 comments

Pogo has released some food-related items into the Mini Mall today — check out the great bacon & eggs border, animated ice-sculpting background, spaghetti-kid and more. Also included in this release are a cute Sushi Cat goodie, Bernard the Beaver pet of the month, and some re-released food-related items from years past. There are lots of items to choose from, so check them out!

Mini Mall Release: Cooking!

Om, nom, nom…
April 5, 2012
See what new items we’ve been “cooking up” at the Mini Mall! Whet your appetite for fun with tasty treats, see what goes on behind the scenes in a Mini kitchen, or sample cuisines from around the world. Feel free to indulge- it’s all calorie free!

And check out April’s adorable Pet of the Month- Bernard the Beaver! Bernard is a master dam-builder and the envy of many other beavers. He’s serious, dedicated, and very adept.

Filed under: pogo minis

1 Sjaan13 April 5, 2012 at 7:51 am

Love Tasty Employment this will show my age does any one remember Lucile Ball when she did this. I will be getting Bernard the Beaver, for anyone who does know Canadian Currency he is on our nickel. Some of it I like, some I do not but that is ok. Enjoy your day off to work, in part of Canada we have snow for Easter oh well .

2 Storm April 5, 2012 at 8:19 am

I know where I will be eating from now on… Señor Spike’s! ;)

Great mixture of all Mini Mall areas.

I had to laugh at the “Tasty Employment”!

3 Kathy April 5, 2012 at 8:22 am

I went and bought Everything today. I had missed out on the food release on these when some of them were out. I love the beavers. We have beavers that built a dam on our property lol. We left it lol. Sorry about your snow sj, it`s cold here too but no snow.

4 widow April 5, 2012 at 8:44 am

yes, i remember the lucy episode verrry well. i have loved lucy since i could toddle and turn on the tv! and of course, i HAD to send her out to friends, LOL.

5 feistyblueeyez {Christine} April 5, 2012 at 8:48 am

That was the 1st thing I thought of Sjaan when I saw the Tasty Employment, Lucy and the chocolate. And the waitress all I kept hearing when I saw that one was “Mel, kiss my grits” :) I agree some cute items, others ehhh.

6 goNILor4p April 5, 2012 at 9:02 am

I love the spaghetti kid. Reminds me of when my son then only 2 got into the trash after i cleaned up supper and was eating the leftover spaghetti it was all over him! Gross but so cute…lol.

7 KooKu April 5, 2012 at 9:10 am

#1 Sjaan13 That is exactly what I thought of when I saw Tasty Employment. I could see Lucy & Ethel losing control and the chocolates went anywhere stashable lol And WE ARE NOT OLD! lol

Nice new stuff!

8 jigsawing April 5, 2012 at 9:21 am

What a great release. Will be filling up a cart. (Stickin’ the lobster on the bottom rack.)

9 sandeye April 5, 2012 at 9:34 am

Love this release …love to cook & grill will be getting some of these soon. Oh & the beaver one is so cute we have a lot up here in our neck of the woods ….will have to get him…chomp,chomp…lol

10 StOrMyEyEs2 April 5, 2012 at 10:05 am

Oh yes, same here – my all time favorite show as a child was I Love Lucy. My thoughts went right to Lucy and Ethel eating and stuffing the chocolates…LOL!! I have several Christmas ornaments of Lucy, one is that very thing with the candy.

There are several “Retro” things that bring back memories of the good ole days. Some neat releases this time…WTG Pogo!!

11 popcornlady April 5, 2012 at 10:06 am

not too many old ones plenty of new ones and it wasnt full of costumes and fairys. we actually got normal stuff!

12 minty222 April 5, 2012 at 11:10 am

i had a good laugh when i saw the tasty employment! i too remembered lucy.. and yep.. im old.. lol. that would be me in so many ways… im a choc-aholic in a major way. thanks pogo for the belly laugh this morning. tooooo funny! have a great week all.

13 danielle April 5, 2012 at 11:36 am

Oooh, my favorite thing! I do love my food. Great release! I also love the PotM, the beaver is adorable

14 Edy April 5, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Over all, I love this release. One reminds me of “I Love Lucy”, one reminds me of my son’s first dinner home… My only dislike, is the waitress. I love her, but the shoes are to right for the job, and make the mini look off. Waitress (all cook people) spend hours on their feet.

15 batraylover April 5, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I purchase everything that comes in the mini mall because I have a mini mall addiction, but I wasn’t too excited about this release. So many food items that I already owned, prior to this release. I liked the Tasty Employment, even though I am not old enough to remember I Love Lucy, my boyfriend showed me that episode, and I recognized what it was copying immediately. But, what’s with the head wrap on the male version? It is terrible!

Love the beaver, he was my favorite part of this release.

16 flawik123 April 5, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Too funny! Love the new release, I am an animal lover-but I have never seen a beaver launch himself out of the water backwards and moonwalk across a dam!!! LMBO! Watch carefully if you haven’t noticed it yet….

17 mellowmaddy1 April 5, 2012 at 2:16 pm

What a great release. I over bought again. lol. I got the beaver one and i noticed in the background there is a beaver that seems to jump into the water then float but it looks to me like he is going backwards. he heads to the other side tail first. just looks a little strange to me. lol.

everyone have a blessed weekend

18 Patty05253 April 5, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Today’s mini release is GREAT !!!! I love anything from the 50′s and I adored Lucy so the candy one is my fave…….and the drive in with the old cars too sweet……and of course the baby with the spaghetti bring back many memories for me having kids….smiling :-)……Great release Pogo !!!!!!

19 rabbitroserabbit April 5, 2012 at 5:22 pm

I picked up sushi cat, of course. But, is the beaver going backwards? The background appears to be jumping in hindmost first?

20 Poprabbit April 5, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Poprabbit is overjoyed at this delicious and bountiful release, which BadgeHungry gave a sneak preview. This site is always ahead of everything happening in Pogoland. Thanks again for all your advance information, tips and conveniences.

21 ~*~Bobbi~*~* (bjvs1118) April 5, 2012 at 5:42 pm

nice that everyone can get *The Spaghetti Kid* now non-member’s can have a Little-One.

22 starrynight April 5, 2012 at 9:49 pm

This was a great release! The graphics are awesome, especially the backgrounds, everything is bright and colorful! :) The “Lucy” Mini is great and who doesn’t love it when food is involved!

Now, if only they could have a Chocolate themed release…lol. ::drool:: :)

23 Jenna April 5, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Wow! This was a really great release of items this time around. Really great variety. I didn’t want to spend too many gems, but like everyone else, I loved the nod to I Love Lucy and the Pogo blender for my Senior Spike restaurant.

~Jenna

24 popcornlady April 8, 2012 at 11:49 am

im sorry i dont mean to complain but… has anybody else actually paid attention to the banner add on the homepage announcing the new food items?
theres a background with a brick oven and a fire and a pizza paddle leaning against it and a counter with a pizza maker on the right side working the pizza dough.
well where is it cause its not here!
would really like to have it! too bad pogo keeps doing that and then not delivering it!