Released: April 2012 Mix-n-Match

April 1, 2012 · 21 comments

Released: Mix-n-Match BadgesPogo has released nine Mix-n-Match badges for April 2012 today. Each of the following badges costs 16 Gems and is available until April 7, 2013. Pogo will be releasing more Mix-n-Match badges on April 15th, and they’ve got plenty of unreleased badges to choose from.

Canasta - 3D Attack Badge Canasta - 3D Attack Badge
Canasta – 3D Attack Badge
Make 24 natural canastas in 2 weeks! (Natural canasta uses no wilds)
Win this badge plus 2,000 tokens!

Poppit! Sprint - Angels Aim Badge Poppit! Sprint - Angels Aim Badge
Poppit! Sprint – Angels Aim Badge
Use 800 Power-ups in 2 weeks!
Win this badge plus 2,000 tokens!

MONOPOLY Slots - Money Laundering Badge MONOPOLY Slots - Money Laundering Badge
MONOPOLY Slots – Money Laundering Badge
Land on the chest bonus 2 times in 2 weeks!
Win this badge plus 2,000 tokens!

Vaults of Atlantis Slots - Neptune's Smores Badge Vaults of Atlantis Slots - Neptune's Smores Badge
Vaults of Atlantis Slots – Neptune’s Smores Badge
Get 3 or more ‘gold coins’ 14 times in 2 weeks!
Win this badge plus 2,000 tokens!

Phlinx - Old Blue Eyes Badge Phlinx - Old Blue Eyes Badge
Phlinx – Old Blue Eyes Badge
Drop a group of 5 or more stones to the ground 45 times in 2 weeks!
Win this badge plus 2,000 tokens!

Thousand Island Solitaire - Parrot Commander Badge Thousand Island Solitaire - Parrot Commander Badge
Thousand Island Solitaire – Parrot Commander Badge
Match 24 leak and cork cards in 2 weeks!
Win this badge plus 2,000 tokens!

Rainy Day Spider Solitaire - Ray of Sun Badge Rainy Day Spider Solitaire - Ray of Sun Badge
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire – Ray of Sun Badge
Win 14 games in 2 weeks!
Win this badge plus 2,000 tokens!

Shuffle Bump - Shuffle Dance Badge Shuffle Bump - Shuffle Dance Badge
Shuffle Bump – Shuffle Dance Badge
Reach the bonus round 14 times in 2 weeks!
Win this badge plus 2,000 tokens!

Word Whomp™ - Spell Checker Badge Word Whomp™ - Spell Checker Badge
Word Whomp™ – Spell Checker Badge
Create 80 words with 5-letters in 2 weeks!
Win this badge plus 2,000 tokens!

Filed under: mix-n-match

1 danielle April 1, 2012 at 6:49 am

I bought them all as usual. I’m happy to add to my badge count, but why oh why is the icon on ALL 9 OF THEM a face? There’s not one in the batch that I can or want to use beside my name.

Sometimes I wish Pogo could set it up where we could choose our own icon for the badge. Let us crop the badge how we want to. That would be so awesome. It’s probably not possible, though =(

2 WilliamPorygon April 1, 2012 at 8:38 am

Hooray for another Poppit Sprint badge! I wouldn’t mind more badges for (most of) the newer games.

3 popcornlady April 1, 2012 at 9:17 am

sushi cat? where are you? here kitty kitty!

4 jigsawing April 1, 2012 at 10:00 am

Wow, all good ones! Nice selection and all very doable. Badges are
discernible, too.

5 goofygoober519 April 1, 2012 at 10:52 am

I like most these except Vaults, getting 3 coins 14 times – does that happen often? Probably more often than the shark one that I know a lot of you are doing. Also Monopoly Slots can take a while. I really like the selection overall.

6 papafrenchie47 April 1, 2012 at 12:12 pm

hi #5 the vaults went fast i did that first monopoly slots will be the last one i do you all tc gb always and gl april

7 toni April 1, 2012 at 1:47 pm

They all look doable except for the poppit sprint. 800 power ups sounds like a bunch and I’ve been saving my coins, that’s use hundreds of thousands, right?

8 MomsBassetHound April 1, 2012 at 2:01 pm

goofygoober #5 – I did the Vaults badge twice while going across, you get the coins often.

9 MomsBassetHound April 1, 2012 at 2:18 pm

toni #7 – It depends on what power ups you use. There is 1 that is only 200 coins and is good for 3 games. And you get 500 coins per day if you play at least 1 game, and you earn coins in every game you play.

It will take longer just buying 1 power up per game, but you would earn enough coins so that it wouldn’t take from your reserve. And you get the power ups multiple times per game.

10 toni April 1, 2012 at 3:36 pm

momsbassetthound#9. I guess it’s just like tokens, what are they good for anyway….I have over 250 thousand coins cause I do get my 500 every day. My favorite power up is the magnet that bunches colors together. I get offered the vortex quite often, but don’t buy into it, do you? Thanks for your input!

11 Terry Ann (bookdepot2733) April 1, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Canasta ~ yay!!!

12 Jayswife April 1, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I just completed a mix and match album and the secret badge completion badge didn’t pop up AGAIN. The good news is that Pogo took the time to make an April Fools joke on their website. This is getting old.

13 BonBon April 1, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Artwork is great but I have to agree with danielle. I don’t like that they are ALL faces and would never wear one of these as my chat icon. Seems they are making Vaults a popular game LOL
It would be nice if Vaults had ranks with all the badges they are putting out for it.

14 Pat April 1, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Jayswife, as far as completing a mnm book and getting the completions badge…I have not rec’vd the super secret badge with my last album badge in a long time. However, the secret badge has always been placed in my special edition book like clockwork. (Badges, my collection, bottom of page, next to game awards, click on “show last page”, and it should be there !).

Last nite, I was pleased to receive the Gopher Cherubs Badge. It was the one I was wishing for !! Check to see if pogo has been sending them, even if they do not “announce” the award…

15 MomsBassetHound April 1, 2012 at 5:48 pm

toni #10 – I bought the vortex when it first came out, just to try it. I kept a record of how many coins I got by using it, and didn’t make nearly enough in 3 games to pay for it. So I’ve only bought it a total of 3 or 4 times, and only b/c the coins aren’t good for anything else :)

16 Jayswife April 1, 2012 at 10:01 pm

#14 Pat, I wrote to Pogo and they had to manually add the secret badge to my account and that makes badge #3483. I’d be happier if I didn’t have to keep going to them and asking for the badge.

17 Jacqueline April 1, 2012 at 10:40 pm

#12 – I have had the same issue for the last three mnm albums I completed and the first time I contacted pogo help but I noticed the last two times that while I didn’t get a pop-up, the secret badge was added to my album so I did not have to try to contact pogo help for it. I wasn’t sure if you were awarded the badge and unhappy about not getting the pop-up or if you didn’t get either one.
I personally only bought two of these badges so far, this is the first time I haven’t wanted at least 3/4s of the release in over a year so it must just be me this time :) Gl everyone!

18 Joe C April 1, 2012 at 11:43 pm

I was disappointed about the Monopoly Slots “luck” badge, since I wish it was just get it ONE time. I still bought it and since it is second in the list alphabetically, it now has to be won, since Canasta has been won the correct amount of times.

All in all, a good selection and I will be finishing album 38 with the Phlinx badge that comes after the Canasta badge.

Good luck all.

20 wearymom3 April 2, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Interesting on the secret badges for M&M completion. I finished two albums over the weekend because I was tired of seeing them glaring at me with only 1 or 2 badges left to do.

The first album, I had the pop up badge. The second one I didn’t. However, when I looked at the “my badges” list from the home page, I see I did receive a Super Secret Badge the same day I completed my second album.

I have no idea why some pop up and some don’t.

21 v April 4, 2012 at 9:27 am

the poppit sprint badge is NOT as bad as it might look. I have only played two games with the badge activated and already have 87 power ups used. My theory is that the white arrows count as power ups.
Gl to all, lots of badges this time. Wondering if they will release another 9 badges on the 15th.