Coming Soon: Amazing Adventures Around the World

December 20, 2011 · 25 comments

Amazing Adventures Around the World (thumbnail)Another PopCap game is coming to Pogo soon. Amazing Adventures Around the World is a hidden object game that involves traveling around the world in search of a diamond. When Pogo releases it on their site, it’ll be an embedded Flash game with badges and possibly ranks as well. It’s still too early to tell, but at this point it appears each badge corresponds to a different location on the map: clear the location and earn the badge.

Amazing Adventures Around the World Badge Amazing Adventures Around the World Chat Icon   Amazing Adventures Around the World Badge Amazing Adventures Around the World Chat Icon

If you’re like to try this game before it’s available on Pogo, download Amazing Adventures: Around the World from Big Fish Games, where you can get a free 60-minute trial. New Big Fish Games customers can use the code NEW299 at checkout to get the game for just $2.99.

Have you played Amazing Adventures? Are you excited that it’s coming to Pogo and that it’ll have these badges? Leave your thoughts in a comment below.

Filed under: amazing adventures, coming soon

1 KooKy December 20, 2011 at 4:35 pm

They should actually put at least ONE of these HOG on their site that doesn’t have any pay-for-episodes. I mean PopCap did the main workings.
It would show such a good gesture on their part.

I can dream….

2 justagramma December 20, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Have had downloaded version of this game a long long time. There are 3 in the series, graphics are great and it’s one of my favorite hidden objects games. Hope the boards are the same, will be super easy for me to get the badges, played it many times. Some of the clue objects are so hard to see.

3 Madbuk1001 December 20, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Let me guess
‘Play a scaled down version for 2 seconds then you have to buy the full version!’
Either way, i love HOGs, thats three on POGO now. Rooting for a fourth!

4 Phil December 20, 2011 at 4:41 pm

oh dear yet another game already out

Come on Pogo ORIGINAL GAMES
STOP giving us 2nd handed games

5 BonBon December 20, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Oh goodie!!
I LOVE these types of games and my iPad is loaded with them.
Thanks Pogo!

6 leila lehmkuhl December 20, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I have played alot of these hidden object games and this is one of my fav games, cant wait to play this on pogo. sadeyes82607

7 Madbuk1001 December 20, 2011 at 4:49 pm

@Phil
If they aren’t scaled down, I don’t mind these games. Original would be nice but just think, if this were a HOG and Pogo exclusive you would have to pay for every episode (Besides the one off every few months).
Being a PopCap game, I suspect you could get every badge before buying anything atall.
Which would you prefer?

8 starrynight December 20, 2011 at 5:01 pm

This looks like a pretty cool game, I just hope we don’t have to pay for it! :) I really hope Pogo gets Burger Island on their site, if they do I’ll never leave! lol

9 Phil December 20, 2011 at 5:03 pm

I would prefer Pogo doing what they do best
the fun original games we used to get included in our membership,we haven’t had a Club Pogo exclusive game for 1 and half years
that’s what i prefer and i expect many others that play at Pogo feel the same

10 goofygoober519 December 20, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Yuck more Hidden Object games. I would prefer Pogo to release more Time Management games if anything. If all they want are imported games now, can I suggest Burger Shop or Cake Mania? :D

11 Carol December 20, 2011 at 6:24 pm

ok if u have to pay like all the others they come out with i wont play it unless there is a badge to do. wake up pogo. give us some games like theses with out having to pay per eps. i like seek and find but will not pay for them

12 Dennis Chenier December 20, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Sigh. Looks like the Pogo we all knew and loved is gone forever.

13 Stef140 December 20, 2011 at 7:13 pm

I am completely with you Phil! But I suspect that these embedded games are all we’re gonna get for at least the near future, probably without tokens of any kind too. Hey, once they give me tokens and ranks I am content. But I smell another pay per episode one here. I have played this one before and its entertaining, but how many pay per episodes can we have really? We already got 3, enough is enough already.

14 Randy December 20, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I LOVE THIS GAME! I can download it and play it hours….

15 MyGodchildrenCH December 20, 2011 at 9:34 pm

woohoooooooooooooooooo can’t wait, I love this game, and I don’t care if it is a download or a pay as you go.

16 ourlostprophet December 20, 2011 at 11:54 pm

It’ll be nice to have a hidden object game we can play without having to pay gems for extra episodes!

17 Martha December 21, 2011 at 12:12 am

another hidden object game… YAY. I don’t mind this at all as long as we can earn badges

18 BillTrout December 21, 2011 at 1:12 am

Pogo acquired PopCap not too long ago. What do you expect them to do, pay people to make an original game, or ride the PopCap library for a while?

(Sorry if that comes off a bit harsh, but that’s the reality of the situation.)

My only hope is that it’s a full game without having to buy any episodes, like the other HOGs. Yeah, yeah, I know I’m dreaming on this, for the exact same reason as above. However, it would be a good olive branch to their customers.

(Not that I’ll play it if there’s no badge anyway, I dislike HOGs.)

19 Ames December 21, 2011 at 1:48 am

Ive had this game for ages and used to like playing it a lot. But I smell a huge rat and suspect that itll be a pay per episode thing as well, which I will not be impressed with.

Talk about squeezing a $ till Washington chokes! I know pogo are trying to make money, but theres only so much of their greed I can handle. I am already fed up of them trying to entice us to buy, buy, buy all the time. I already feel like I don’t get my $s worth for my membership (and I used to feel it was really worth it). Sheesh pogo, give it a rest, and take a pay cut like the rest of us :(

20 Zerp December 21, 2011 at 5:28 am

Is it a hidden object game? We already have Clue and Claire.

Like the badges, really nice.

21 Richard December 21, 2011 at 7:20 am

I am going to add my voice to what appears to be a growing chorus.

Pogo seems to be putting out games just to put out games. Forget quality, forget it being a new game, just to put out a game.

I believe Pogo would lose over 25% of its Club Pogo people if another site with even the quality of games like Pogo opened up. If Big Sea Games stayed open, Pogo would have lost customers, I met a number of Pogo people there.

This is nothing but a case of a company who no longer thinks they have to provide Customer Service and that WE the Members will take anything they give us. They are wrong on that idea.

22 Trish December 28, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I’m really interested in the new Adventure game.Sounds very good,of course Pogo keeps us going.TYVM Pogo Staff that work so hard to keep us happy.Have a great New Year& all the Best.Trishbabe111

23 Aqua January 3, 2012 at 2:35 am

justagramma

There are actually 4 in the Amazing Adventures series.

Amazing Adventures: Around the World
Amazing Adventures: The Lost Tomb
Amazing Adventures: The Caribbean Secret
Amazing Adventures: The Forgotten Dynasty

I have them all, along with all the Hidden Expedition and Mystery P.I.’s

24 Linda January 21, 2012 at 10:03 am

Many people like the HOG games. I like them too but if they put it as an embedded game it is no good to me. Same as Claire. I can’t get into the embedded games. I wish they would stop with them already.

25 Rgwyn34 January 25, 2012 at 11:10 am

I absolutely love this game. Clue don’t have anything on amazing adventures. Happy pogoing.