Play Pogo on Android

June 28, 2011 · 7 comments

Android logoShortly after I posted the instructions on how to Play Pogo on your iPad, Indy Cindy wrote in to let me know that Splashtop Remote Desktop is available for Android too. I checked it out and it works just like the iOS version: you install the app on your device and the streamer on your desktop. Once you’re set up, you can easily control your computer from your Android tablet or phone. You can do anything your computer can do, like browsing Pogo.com and playing both Java and Flash games.

Please note: this is different from the Android version of the Pogo Games app that Pogo is developing.

I’m personally unable to provide technical support for this app due to my limited knowledge of both Android and computer networks, but feel free to check out the links below and also use the comments below to share your experience with this app with other users. If you have a question, hopefully someone out there will be able to help.

For more information, check out these links:

Splashtop Remote Desktop – Amazon AppStore
Splashtop Remote Desktop – Android Market
Splashtop Remote Desktop HD – Android Market
Splashtop Remote Desktop web site
Splashtop Remote Desktop support

Filed under: general

1 shygirlornot June 28, 2011 at 10:00 pm

omg!! thank you! im sad tho, because i had a my touch slide and it was a better phone and more faster then the one i have now which is a comet, but i think it will work!! yay! thank you again…

2 ed June 28, 2011 at 10:32 pm

But the iPhone-only apps and badges are not available for Android phones?

3 Lura June 28, 2011 at 10:34 pm

ed: you’re right, it’s separate. This is just a way to access pogo.com from a handheld/tablet device.

4 Indy Cindy June 28, 2011 at 11:00 pm

I wrote to Pogo Customer Service last week and they confirmed to me that Pogo is developing game aps for the Android, as they did for the iPhone. Didn’t give me a date but said they are, indeed, coming.

Pogo’s response to my question:

“I am happy to let you know that it’s confirmed that Pogo is developing for Android phones. I would have loved to provide you the exact date or at least the expected date but unfortunately, the Customer Service department is not given information about upcoming products or services until a specific time before it is announced publicly. We suggest keeping your eye on the Community News page for any new information about it.

However, I’ll be sure to forward your concern or your valuable feedback to our developers so that it is a great desire expressed by our Pogo members. The Developers review and read the reports we submit to them in hopes that collecting player’s opinion can make our site/games better.”

So hopefully we’ll see Pogo-specific game aps for our Androids in the near future.

Cindy

5 Lura June 29, 2011 at 6:12 am

Here’s a little more info from the archives about the Pogo Android app:

I’m so glad CS is confirming this! I’ll find somewhere to mention it in the post too, for those that don’t read comments. Thanks Indy!

6 Carol Pogo July 17, 2011 at 5:17 am

I looked at the first one and we have to pay for it? And, still get no badges and/or tokens? Pretty lame. I’ll wait for the full version for my Android (Droid X) phone that includes badges and tokens before I lay out $$. If I am mistaken, please let me know. Thanks

7 Lura July 17, 2011 at 7:14 am

Carol: you are mistaken. Yes you have to pay for the app, but you do get badges and tokens. Because you’re using the app to connect to your computer, it’s just like sitting at your computer to play the games.