Confirmed: Canasta Getting 20 More Ranks

June 16, 2011 · 18 comments

Canasta (thumbnail)It’s confirmed: Canasta is getting 20 more ranks, bringing its rank total to 120. Along the way as you cry over a big bowl of Red 3′s, you’ll be earning the following badges at ranks 110 and 120. Check out the rank requirements:

Canasta - Rank 110 Badge Canasta - Rank 110 Chat Icon
Canasta – Rank 110 – I’m going out! Badge
Collect 28000 Red Threes to achieve Rank 110 and earn this badge

Canasta - Rank 120 Badge Canasta - Rank 120 Chat Icon
Canasta – Rank 120 – Canastastic! Badge
Collect 30000 Red Threes to achieve Rank 120 and earn this badge

It’s very likely these ranks will be available on or before July 12th along with the Canasta World Championship premium badge album.

Filed under: canasta, coming soon

1 Joe C June 16, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Dear Pogo

My stats currently state that I have collected 30,000 red 3s to date. Please do not modify my stats back to 26,000 red 3s just because I played this game after I ranked out for the myriad of challenges, especially that came about helping other people.

I do not mind waiting until I collect 2,000 more red 3s to reach rank 110 and another 2,000 red 3s to reach rank 120. I just do not want you taking the easy way out and zapping my stats the way you did in Monopoly.

There are some games I like to play even after I rank them out. Do not punish players like that when you can add the column to the game’s database table. Thanks in advance.

2 zym June 16, 2011 at 1:48 pm

ummm, Lura – please tell me you’ve made a typo on the number of red 3′s????

3 Lura June 16, 2011 at 1:50 pm

zym: hah no. I copied and pasted what was provided to me from an actual Pogo source.

4 zym June 16, 2011 at 1:51 pm

lol – just realised that it’s the total overall amount of red 3′s – so it’s actually only 2000 red 3′s for each one – that i can deal with lol ;)

5 Zerp June 16, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Hope they listen to you Joe C. I wouldent been happy if they did that to me.

Im still rank 7 in this game. lol

6 Joe C June 16, 2011 at 2:41 pm

@ zym #4
Yeah, it looks like a lot but then you realize that rank 100 is 26,000 red 3s. As you said, 2,000 more for each rank badge.

I was worried that rank 110 would be 36,000 total (10,000 more) and rank 120 would be 50,000 total (14,000 more than 110)

200 red 3s per rank from 100 to 120 sounds reasonable, compared to some of the other additional ranks recently added, like Word Whomp or Poppit. None will ever top the foolishness of The Poopit Show, when it went from 6,100 prizes for Rank 20 to 2,000,000 for rank 40. I am nowhere near that one.

7 kathigriffin43 June 16, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Any date when this starts please.

8 Lura June 16, 2011 at 3:15 pm

kathi: an educated guess, July 12th in conjunction with this:

9 _3bichona4amanda ( Amanda) June 16, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I have 268,000 red 3s. I bet they will reset my stats like they did Monopoly.
SO unfair!!!

10 booboo June 16, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Amanda,
Don’t bet on it.. Also I called this one spot on..lol. new Canasta album.
see http://www.badgehungry.com/2011/06/13/coming-soon-more-ranks-for-canasta/#comments #9

I did say best of but I knew they would add an album for this.

11 Kev June 16, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I think this is a pretty reasonable number of red threes required to rank out (again). I’m not saying it’ll take a long long time, but still within reason. Some games seem like the work required per rank is just way out there.

I really like how they are releasing a new new badge album to coincide.

Although canasta is far from my favorite game, I have to hand it to Pogo — they seem to be doing this one right.

Now, I have to ask — is 120 the max rank for any Pogo game? Or will games just go on and on and on? Will some newbie to Pogo in 2020 have to hit rank 570 to rank out of some game????

In other words, I wish there was some consistent max number of ranks throughout Pogoland, and I think 100 would have been a good number.

12 Flower June 17, 2011 at 6:21 pm

“Along the way as you cry over a big bowl of Red 3′s…” that cracks me up! And I’ll enjoy thinking of that while visions of Red 3′s dance in my head for perhaps the rest of my life during pursuit of these badges – I’m only at Rank 2. :-O

What’s going on in the scene for the Rank 120 badge? The Rank 110 badge I understand (it’s clever) but am not sure about 120.

13 Terry Huie June 27, 2011 at 2:37 pm

If you are already at the 100 point and have all of your red 3 and have been playing this game are your points going to be added to your old score?

14 Lura June 27, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Terry: no, Pogo has said from here on out no one will be automatically ranked up when new ranks are added to any game.

15 bobbi June 27, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Ahhhhhhh just as I saw the “Light at the End of the Tunnel” (less than 400 till rank 93) the Light went Out, but that wont discourage me from playing Canasta
It’s my “Go 2 Game” when I need more Tokens & I like the new Album (& a lot of the new M&M’s 2)
as 4 resetting stats I dont know about that. I only joined in 2009 so the Ranks are pretty high ….Ranked out in Scrabble, Balloon Bounce, Sweet Tooth, Monopoly & a few more that I cant recall right now. 30 and up to 40 in a lot of games & those games I have neglected in order to achieve my “Rank out Goal” so I will go back to those now that I have the time.
tt4n&hagr8d<3

16 Sjaan13 June 27, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I like canasta because in that game when I first start playing it I meet some of my closest friends one of which I seen in person.

I have calmed down about my frustration since this is the second time when I have come close to ranking out pogo added more ranks but I will plug along since I enjoy as long as I do not play rated.

If I understand correctly pogo is putting out a canasta album I plan to get it so plugging alone I get badges and badge ranks as I go.

17 Sew4u1954 June 29, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I have a question…why does it say in Canasta there are ranks 110 and 120 but we aren’t getting credit for the ranks as we play? I know they were going to add new ranks but why put them in the album and we not be able to get them? Does any know

18 Lura June 29, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Sew4u1954: it’s a mistake. Pogo does this kind of thing a lot where the badges will show up ahead of schedule (see Clue, every month they’re added to the albums early but not available yet in game). It’s got to be just bad web development/deployment procedures.

I expect these ranks to be added on 7/12 along with the new Canasta album. Just a few more weeks.

19 Janet July 7, 2011 at 2:45 pm

this is great. love this game ‘just wish there were more ranks added. still love this game ty