Update to Price of Personal Challenges

March 24, 2011 · 72 comments

Pogo: Get More Personal ChallengesThe community reaction was strong to the upcoming buy more personal challenges for Gems feature: many felt that upwards of 16 Gems per badge would be too costly. Well, there is good news to report! According to a recent screenshot, it appears the prices have been lowered a little:

Coming Soon: Buy More Personal Badges with Gems

With this new pricing, the packages will break down as follows:

1 Challenge: 12 Gems (12 Gems per badge, down from 16)
3 Challenges: 33 Gems (11 Gems per badge, down from 14)
5 Challenges: 50 Gems (10 Gems per badge, down from 13)

In addition, the number of badges you will be able to activate at a time has been lowered in this screenshot from 50 to 10.

There’s still no word on when this will be available or if this pricing model is final. As with all previews of upcoming Pogo features, the details of these personal challenge packages may change if and when they’re available to the general public.

Update 3/31: the number of challenges you can activate at one time has been reduced to 5.

Filed under: coming soon

1 stacey March 24, 2011 at 8:28 pm

I think this is just down right dumb. Why pay just to do more personals a week when the badges are free? and you pay to be a club pogo member? Myself and the people on my league WILL NOT be paying for free badges!

2 Lura March 24, 2011 at 8:32 pm

The point is that it’s all about choice (just like the can of worms that is the “Best of…” albums). You will have the choice to purchase many extra challenges if you want to. Otherwise the personal challenges are still free, one each week and sometimes three. Those who have years and years of personals to catch up on and Gems to burn will love this idea, some even would be willing to pay for that at even higher prices than this. I like anything that gives me more choices. And my earlier statement still stands: “Time is money, friend.” :)

At the cheapest package price here you could get extra weeklies at 53 cents a pop. Imagine the value on a really time-consuming badge, like the recent Aces Up! one. If it took you the estimated 9 hours you’d be spending about 6 cents per hour FOR ALL OF THAT ENTERTAINMENT! Now I’m thinking it’s a real shame they changed that Tri-Peaks badge to a special edition. Hah.

3 badlokii March 24, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Well, that’s still more than I’m prepared to pay.

4 lisa March 24, 2011 at 8:40 pm

still too much should be 4 per personal considering 16 mix n match every 4weeks.4×4 equals 16. also we can wait out week and they never retire

5 Angel March 24, 2011 at 8:43 pm

this is flat out robbery. We already pay for these weekly challenges with out membership. If people want to catch up Pogo should offer more personal challenge options not charge us more money for things we area already intitled too. Would it really hurt pogo to up it to 3 every week instead of once every six months. This is not something we should accept.

6 MyGodchildrenCH March 24, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Well I for one can’t wait for this to happen. I have written Pogo more emails then you can imagine about this. I think it’s a great idea. Like Lura said it’s all about choice.

7 ed March 24, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Bring it on! When? Tomorrow? :-D

8 cass March 24, 2011 at 9:48 pm

I also am thrilled for this. I’m one that has years of challanges to do. I’m very glad the lowered the price. I do however wish they hadn’t lowered the number of challanges we can activate to 10. The orginal 50 was too much. But I would have liked a few more. My goal is to buy every personal in a game and do them all at once. That would save soo much time. I am assuming that as was stated before we will be able to do multible badges in same game at once. If this is not the case, this then looses all it’s value to me.

9 Lura March 24, 2011 at 9:52 pm

cass: where was it stated you could activate multiple personal badges in the same game at the same time? Just someone’s speculation?

I think the same rules would apply as they do during a marathon, which would be only one per game at a time. You could, however, activate a PBA and M-n-M in the same game at the same time.

10 jaredph March 24, 2011 at 9:56 pm

The idea of buying extra personal challenges isn’t bad, but even though they’ve lowered the price, it is still way too expensive. The price of 12 gems would be much better spent on discounted M&Ms.

jaredph

11 Mrs. Mike Brown March 24, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Nice at the lower price. I will buy a few here and there but if they were just a little lower I’d buy many more. It’s a fantastic idea but still a little pricy.

12 Brenda March 24, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I will not be buying any personal badges.

13 quiltedmemories March 24, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Here’s my 2cents worth :) Pogo is a business, if they are allowing members to play for more badges then they will want revenue. Personally, I am more likely to purchase the personals, rather than M and M badges in games im not interested in. Its about choice, I understand that some think that the badges are FREE, but really, if you’re like me and only joined in last year or so you may pay for the sheer enjoyment of doing those longer challenges……If I joined any other sort of club, I would not automatically receive what members received 10 years ago……
Great site Lura, thank you

14 Belle March 24, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I also have many years of challenges to do. Since I am so often disappointed with the M and M offerings, I look forward to having many more options for challenges. I would much rather use my gems for the games I really enjoy.

15 BillTrout March 24, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Sorry Pogo, still not good enough.

Halve the cost for one from this price, and keep the reduction by one gem per badge in each of the packages, and then we can talk.

Until then, no sale.

16 michelle March 24, 2011 at 10:52 pm

My initial reaction was no bleeping way I would buy weekly challenges. Then I thought well perhaps if it was around 7 gems per badge I would purchase some. I do realize the 5 pack is the best value but any gems I have are earned thru peanut labs as I just don’t have the money to purchase gems and the ones I have I use for M n M’s and PBA’s. It is a choice and I get that, I just hope against hope they make the prices more reasonable.

17 booboo March 24, 2011 at 11:24 pm

I’m glad I don’t have any personals to catch up on because they’d never get this from me. Yes it’s cheap but in the end it’s a non tangible item (technically all the badges are). I’d rather wait it out and do it for free just like everyone else.

18 ViperXD24 March 24, 2011 at 11:44 pm

I cant wait till this happens. keep up the good work pogo and thanks for the information lura.

19 widow March 24, 2011 at 11:52 pm

i too, have many years of personals to catch up on, and while the idea of this greatly appeals to me, i would rarely be able to take advantage of it. i have to be VERY careful w/ my gems, as does anyone else on disability i imagine. i’ve only been able to purchase 1 of the three new badge albums out now, for example. and the peanut labs thing for free gems well, we all know a lot of us don’t fit their demographic. pogo needs to decide whether to keep their older demographic happy, while they are reeling in our replacements ;)…but for those of you who are awaiting this, i say go for it and enjoy.

20 Joe C March 25, 2011 at 12:27 am

I am current on my Weekly challenges and I am working on them for a second time. However, if someone wants to pay to catch up, that sound like a fine idea for me.

Maybe Pogo can allow us to go after Special Edition badges that we missed for gems. I would not mind spending some gems there.

21 fmlymttrs March 25, 2011 at 1:01 am

this is so dumb

22 Brian March 25, 2011 at 1:04 am

No thank you. Pogo can keep the badges and i will just do it as a weekly thing
pogo is a rip off anyways
They should allow us to do as many badges as we want to

Only reason why pogo is doing this is to get more money to shove in there pockets

No thank you pogo…you can keep your worthless badges because there PRICELSS to me

POGO FAILS AGAIN

23 savannah March 25, 2011 at 1:26 am

I was so excited about this option until i saw the price and unless the price is lowered to maybe 8 or 10 gems, my choice will be to stay with free. Yes, we have a choice at any price, but it shouldn’t be robbery. After all, these are “free” badges.

24 Stepanida March 25, 2011 at 2:49 am

I think that they are still pretty expensive… :S…

25 psalm233 March 25, 2011 at 4:29 am

I’m a huge supporter of this idea ~ i have years & years of badges to do. I am frugal so always looking @ the best deal & the biggest package is only 10 gems each, which I am more than willing to pay. I honestly don’t think I need more than 10 a week ( unless you have more time). The reason I like this better than the extra personals every week is ~ some weeks the challenges are very “challenging” and I may not be able to do “extras” every week this way I can pick & choose when & how many I want to do. I don’t want to do them all at one time, just be able to do extras when I have time & LOL nothing else to do. JMO psalm

Lura 32 I also agree choices make the world go round. And I think pogo is trying to cater to as much of the community as they can in everything they do , this is just 1 of those things.

26 Ardenwolfe March 25, 2011 at 5:57 am

Personally, if they intend to sell personal challenges for gems, they should make it as low as 1 gem per personal challenge.

I’ll bet money, pardon the pun, that people will spend a ton of gems just to catch up with prior yearly albums.

Yes, I agree it’s greedy. But, obviously there is a demand for this. And if there’s a demand. . .

27 Russell (MadRef10 March 25, 2011 at 6:18 am

It good pogo is lowering the price per badge BUT i think its still way to much for a personal badge which is free. so come on pogo stop ripping us off, remember we make the site work. without us there would be no pogo

28 knuckles487 March 25, 2011 at 7:02 am

Although this doesn’t surprise me, the timing certainly isn’t very good for me. Having joined in May of ’86, I have been patiently doing my one personal challenge each week with the occasional marathon here and there. I am now down to having a total of exactly NINE more challenges to go in order to have all of the yearly albums finished. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t looking forward just a little bit to finishing that last challenge, seeing the announcement in chat that I have completed the 2004 album, and then hoping even just one person said wtg. lol I know it sounds stupid but it would have actually been somewhat pleasing to be able to respond to them and say ty, I have now completed ALL of the yearly albums. Unfortunately I am a little worried that someone will spoil it by saying something like “oh, you bought a bunch of badges huh” or something else along those lines. But oh well, these things happen I guess. Bad timing is my middle name. More power to those that want to buy them but I will have a little more patience for a whole nine more weeks. lol

29 ed March 25, 2011 at 7:51 am

With the best gem pricing, a package of 5 weeklies for 50 gems costs you about $2.65 (53 cents per badge).

A 2 oz Snickers bar runs about $1.09 in the open market, as does a pack of Tic Tacs. Both are about twice the price of one of these badges. Personally, I am going to give up Snickers to be able to get these weeklies :-)

30 famdawplayer March 25, 2011 at 7:58 am

Price is still way too high. Bring it down to 3 or 4 gems and I will think about it. Right now, at 12 gems each, it isn’t even a consideration.

31 beyechonjr March 25, 2011 at 8:04 am

i am another person who has all the personal badges done …..was so excited when i finished each year, and when i finally got the last album done woohoo,,am not so with my second name,, i do those if i like the game.. and now it is boring to have to pick a personal each week since i have redone some several times.. if pogo wanted to do something for me.. i would love to be able to use gems to buy some of the badges that were special in yrs past that i didnt think to buy or wasnt a member at that time.. also would buy some of the neat backgrounds that i didnt win in dhs,,or items that they no longer offer,, that is just me..and where has this week gone,,time sure flies when ur having fun in pogo.. thanks e1 for making this a fun site

32 goNILor4p March 25, 2011 at 8:18 am

I agree with what everyone has been saying. The personal challenge badges should be half the cost of the average Premium album for the simple fact that they are not animated. The average 86 gem price of a 10 badge album equals out to 8.6 per gem, so I would be more willing to pay 4 or 5 per badge, but still not willing to pay the 10 even at the best package price. I hope pogo reconsiders this again for it’s loyal customers!

33 beth March 25, 2011 at 8:22 am

knuckles #28 im like you there i joined in april 2006 (well second time i joined with different name, was a member way b4 then but had different s/n) but i have 7 personals left so i will wait the 7 weeks out and finish all my yearly albums….BUT i will say this, in some ways its a great ideal for newer members to be able to do more personals but i think the price is still way too high!! it wont effect me in this instance, but seems pogo knows they are our “drug dealer” if you will and they have us “HOOKED” but im finding and learning in the end what do i really have? NOTHING!!! as i had a friend that was a member from day 1 over 10 years she paid, and when her club came due few weeks ago their thanks was no i wont even extend you a week lol, no money no games and all the money she spent over the years went POOF! just like a druggie once used POOF! and nothing to show for it…just my 2 cents, but it sure makes it easier to say NO, when the cost just keeps rising….<3 BIG HUGS to all boop

34 marithoner March 25, 2011 at 8:33 am

Hooray! I love the lowered prices and can’t wait to get started! I have lots and lots of challenges to catch up with, so being retired and on fixed income, this means I will have to do lots and lots of dog walking (my “side job”, hehehe) to pay for these extra challenges, but I don’t mind … keeps me outta trouble!

35 SooZen1 March 25, 2011 at 9:19 am

I agree Lura, the more choices we have the better. Even if you will never (hey, I personally have learned to never say never) use this option of purchasing extra personal badges, what skin is it off anyone’s back and it may keep our membership fees down?

Starting in Spring and all during the Summer months and on into Fall, I am crazy busy with my work as an artist/grower at our local Farmer’s Market. I and my hubby do jewelry, art, photography as well as sell herbs from our garden. My point is, I don’t have time sometimes to run the house, make stuff for to sell, harvest the herbs, take care of a handicapable son and GET MY BADGES TOO! Time sometimes escapes me and I do like it that this option will be available when I am available.

At first, I really thought this was a stupid idea but the more busy I get, the better I like it!! :D

Have a most wonderful weekend my fellow BHers!!!

SooZ

36 Hels March 25, 2011 at 9:28 am

Concur with others who say it is still too much. I don’t see a reason to charge more than 1/2 price of the M & M badge for these, since these are 1/2 size of the M&M. So 8 gems/badge would be far more fair. Of course, unlike M&M badges these do not require any additional effort to create them and thus could be cheaper still, but I am willing to overlook this fact.

37 danielle March 25, 2011 at 9:32 am

Still a tad pricey, but this these numbers are better and I WILL be one of the people buying them. Whatever extra Gems I have after books/m&ms will go to these, I suppose. What can I say? I’m desperate and addicted LOL

38 jmlsnoop March 25, 2011 at 9:39 am

I am glad they reduced the price but for me it is still a little high.

I can see buying them to say finish a weekly album but right now i have plenty to work thru my self that cost don’t need to add more.

39 MyGodchildrenCH March 25, 2011 at 9:39 am

When I was emailing Pogo about doing this I never thought about the Special Edition Badges, So I will have to send them another email to get these. Thank You Joe C. for the idea. And I hope Pogo will have the smarts to let us gift these personal badge packages to people.

40 Michael March 25, 2011 at 10:45 am

I think it would be better if they let us purchase permanent extra weekly challenge slots. Pay once and then every week you can choose an extra challenge. Paying per badge at a price that’s higher than buying a Premium Album per badge rate is not going to excite anyone.

PS. I’ve lurked here for months and I LOVE this site and all the hard work you put into it is appreciated! Good Job!

41 Jen March 25, 2011 at 10:51 am

I am still of my original opinion with the first version of this…that the price is still too high for these badges. I agree with whoever it was that said they should be about half the cost of the premium badge album prices…4-6 gems each. It would also be nice if they threw in a way to get a few here and there for tokens. Since they are doing packages…could have 1 for 6 and discount 1 gem per package to 5 and 4 then the packages would be around half the price of the premiums. I am one of those that have all the weeklies done on 1 account but have a second club account that I just activated last year so have many to go on that account. And from just reading comments on this site there are many others that also have 2 club accounts of which the 2nd is a newer account and have many to go on it. Therefore, they like I would probably be more willing to purchase some of these packages for the second account if the prices were more agreeable. Since many feel that the prices as proposed are too high, they are more unlikely to purchase any of these or very few. But if the prices were more reasonable for these badges Pogo would be more likely to gain from both people with 1 account that have many to go as well as people like me with 2 accounts that would then be agreeable to purchasing these for the 2nd account. But with the prices as proposed I am not yet willing to purchase any for the 2nd account. Also, as someone said, if they make them available for gifting and price them more reasonably, then they could gain from people who would be willing to gift them to others that are on limited incomes. So in my opinion, if Pogo would reconsider their prices for these again, they would gain more revenue from the lower pricing than from overpricing them.
Have fun!

42 MariaLoon March 25, 2011 at 11:49 am

My opinion on the matter…

I would say the price change is OK, IF we were “allowed” 3 personal challenges a week permanently.

If not, like others, I’m not against paying for the extra challenges, but if we stay with one a week, I would prefer to see the cost of the extra ones lower yet again.

If the price stays this way…I MAY occasionally buy a package, but it would be rare.

Also here are some other thoughts I’ve been pondering about this: First, once this is released (no matter what Pogo settles on for package and cost), will there BE personal challenge “marathons” any longer? Or will Pogo do away with that completely?

Would we be able to gift packages to others who may not be able to afford the extra gems for these and still want the chance to do them? THAT would sway me more in favor of this.

The other thing I AM pleased about with this option, is the ability to do them ANY time (like a mix n match badge) So at least that is still in tact and that would probably be the one thing which would HELP in Pogo’s favor of me purchasing a package.

But again, if the cost stays as is, for me, even with my abundance of undone badges, it would be a rare thing.

43 bookdepot2733 March 25, 2011 at 11:59 am

125 badges can be had for $39.99 – the cost of the year you were not a member and are now catching up on…and if you are a “badge hungry” and devoted (addicted?) Pogo player, you will weigh the pros and cons and tip the scale as best you can to whatever the advantage means for you! If Coke didn’t have choices, Pepsi would be #1. :)

44 CasualObserverrr March 25, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Hmmmm, I just finished reading this Whole thread… Very interesting opinions…..
the one things I havent heard anyone mention yet is HOW this will work. If you could buy personals, up to 10 activated at a time, then play the game each week. Im assuming they will be one week to complete but what if you dont…….. do you still get the option to activate a New weekly or the same one…again, or do you just lose those gems? what if you bought and activated ten, and couldnt complete them….does the purchase stay active and alive until you actually Complete Any of the personal Challenges???

that is my only concern…..
Obviously, there are many opinions that the prices are TOO HIGh, compared to the Bigger and Animated Mnm and PBA badges…..
but ultimately, if you dont like it, dont do it. if you do, then why not?
doesnt hurt anyone if you do or dont do them……ya know??

my sn is CasualObserverrr if i miss the reply comment in this thread and want to let me know about the way this is going to work..

ciao for now
Richie!!!!~

45 thum4 March 25, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Why pay twice for anything in life no matter what it is. We already pay a yearly membership fee which includes access to the Free Weekly Personal Challenges so why would anyone want to pay for them again? Just another way for Pogo and EA Sports to make more money off of us. If they want to enhance our playing experience then they should grant us access to these “Free” Weekly Personal Challenges anytime we want so we can earn them at our own pace. Not at a pace dictated by the all powerful Pogo. I joined to play games for enjoyment not because I wanted to spend money everytime I turn around. I have no problem paying for extras but paying twice for things that are listed as “Free” is a no no. Sure I’d love to earn the badges from past years quicker but I’m not going to pay twice to do so. I think Pogo needs to focus ideas to keep there members not turn them off to there services. So for me I’ll just keep earning those past badges one a week and three on a few lucky weeks a year.
Thanks for all you do on this site it’s great. Just wish I’d have found it earlier in my Pogo membership. Keep up the good work.

46 sherry March 25, 2011 at 1:00 pm

i love that they went down in price, but if it went down more, id love even better. like lisa said, mix n match are 16 gems. but i love that we can earn more personals per week ((im trying to catch up on my 2010 badge album)) but i only get gems if i get them through the serveys, so it still is pricey for me.

but still yay! haha

47 mike99911p March 25, 2011 at 1:18 pm

TGIF Hope every ones week has been good so far. Can’t wait for the weekend. What about 10 badges for the price of 8. That way they are a little cheaper than buying the personal badges which go for 10 for 86. That would be about 68 gems for 10 badges.Sounds more reasonable to me and personal and m&m badges should cost more. Good luck all and have fun playing at pogo. BH has the greatest people here. Hope to see you soon

48 prinzy March 25, 2011 at 1:45 pm

to bookdepot #43 – by my math, it is 75 badges for $39.99. You get 750 gems for $39.99. The most cost effective package is 5 for 50 gems. 750/50 is 15 and 15 *5 is 75.

49 tennbrw March 25, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I have to agree that the idea of being able to catch up on previous challenges would be great since I only joined last year. I also have to agree that it is not in the budget after bills and food to afford the gems to buy them with my leftover disability. The best thing I could think pogo should do is sell challenges for tokens to members and start offering badges to non members for gems. This way, pogo still gets cash from the non members and the club pogo members get something to spend our tokens on.

50 HoneyImHome116 March 25, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I think it’s great that Pogo listened to the people. I remember somewhere people were writing their wishes for Pogo and a lot of people said they wished they could purchase extra weeklies with gems. I can’t remember if it was a Pogo survey or on here but anyways, Pogo did give the people what they wanted. Of course Pogo isn’t going to give them to you for free and people did say they would pay for them so this works out great for the folks that wanted it.

I don’t know if I will purchase any or not. I only need approximately 63 more and they are all from the 2004 album. The badges from 2004 are mostly time consuming and I can only handle about 1 a week now. But if I find I have time to spare, I just might buy one. With the 5/50 gem package, I think it is reasonable. Of course it would be nice to be cheaper but Pogo listened again and did lower it from the original 16 gems each.

You can’t please all of the people all of the time but I am happy that Pogo does take into consideration some of our wants and needs.

I have a second account that needs hundreds of weeklies but I know I will NOT buy any for that account.

Just another opinion,
Cheryl

51 MomsBassetHound March 25, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I just finished reading the thread about this on the Pogo forums, and there was a comment from a long time member that made a lot of sense.

The reason the Pogo can not do this for tokens is b/c they are going to have to pay for additonal customer service people (as bad as they are) to answer all the questions that occur when members are doing badges.

Not everyone comes to BadgeHungry to ask questions, a lot go direct to Pogo’s customer service people.

Like Cheryl said, this all started b/c of a poll taken by members on the Pogo forums. It was those people that said they would be willing to PAY for additonal personals. So don’t blame Pogo for this, all they did in this case was listen to what the members said.

This has no effect on my main account, joined in Oct 2004 and finished my personals in Feb 2007….yes, I remember the day :) And I only have a 2nd account for shopping in the mini mall, gifting, sending expressions. I do 1 personal a week and that’s all I intend on doing on that account. With the free tokens, TP & CC, I’ll always have enough for what I want.

And this is just another option that is available, like M&M badges, and Premium Albums. Some people buy them all, some people get a few, and some people do not purchase any of them. It’s all up to the individual and what they feel they want to do. Nobody is saying that you have to agree with this or participate. It’s just another choice.

I will say that I’m glad that Pogo reduced the price for those that want to participate in this new feature. If Pogo is smart they will run “sales” just like they do for the premium badges and albums. They don’t do it often, but it’s nice when they do.

P.S. Please don’t tell Holly that I only got her a Pogo acct for her tokens…LOL

52 ViperXD24 March 25, 2011 at 5:11 pm

cant wait when is this gonna happen. keep up the great work and ill make sure i tell all my friends about your site.

53 Kaye March 25, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Now all they need to do is drop the price to EIGHT gems per challenge and we’re talking.

I wonder how they are going to handle the “activated personals” when a badge comes up for that game in a weekly challenge? Right now any personals are deactivated until the current weekly challenge for that badge is completed.

54 Jennifer March 26, 2011 at 7:32 am

tennbrw, #49: You have an excellent idea there and one I could fully support. I don’t see any reason at all why Pogo couldn’t be aiming this at non-members and allow Club Pogo members to activate past weekly badges as a “perk” of being a club member. As you say, they would still be making money from the free members and, no doubt, they would get more new Club members once free members get hooked on earning badges. Course, they could only offer the badges in the non-Club games. That wouldn’t be a problem, however, since tons and tons of some of the best the past weekly badges are in non-Club games.

I completely disagree about Pogo not being able to offer badges for tokens because of customer service. This won’t affect CS in the least. Anyone who contacts CS for whatever problem will still receive the same poor, completely irrelevant responses they have received for years now. I’ve been with Pogo since 2004 and have had cause to contact CS on many occasions. Not once have I had a problem solved. On many occasions I’ve had to chat with more than one CS agent or email back and forth so many times it felt like a full-time job just trying to get the issue sorted. If customer service hasn’t improved and done it’s job in 7 years, Pogo taking in more gem revenue isn’t going to change that now.

Pogo/EA doesn’t care about what customers do and don’t want until there is a profit to be made from it. There have been tons of things members have been asking for for years that Pogo has turned a blind eye to. Being able to organize the mini closet (was once to be done but has now been shelved), a way to see stats for a given game without actually having to load said game and glitches in games that have been there since introduction and have never been fixed among dozens of other things. Asking, begging and pleading doesn’t get members anywhere. But, I guarantee that if members got together on the forums and offered to PAY for these things, Pogo would give us (with pay-per-use, of course) the “Premium Mini Mall” or the “Premium Member Stats Area”.

Yes, this is all about choice. It’s about the choice as to whether or not I want to play into Pogo’s strategy of testing the waters to see exactly what members will and won’t pay for so they can know just how far to push the limits. It’s about the choice as to whether to stay with a site that has turned into a place that isn’t any fun to be anymore or to move on.

I’ve got a lot of time and money invested in my account and I hate to leave Pogo because of that. However, every day I dislike Pogo more and more. The insistence on getting into bed with the worst site ever in creation (Facebook), all this stupid Flash nonsense and the ever-increasing charge for every single thing has turned Pogo into a site that is someplace I just don’t want to be. Unless they straighten up and actually start caring about their customers the way they give the lip service saying they do, I seriously doubt I’ll be with Pogo this time next year, regardless of how much I have invested in my account.

55 Alan March 26, 2011 at 10:26 am

I think that is a great idea….

I joined pogo in 2006… and i have many year albums to complete…
I don’t want to spend years trying to do them…. I want to be able to catch up.

No one is forcing anybody to buy personal challenges…It’s up to that individual person. And now that pogo has lowered the price to 12 gems…It is great!!!

Can’t wait to buy more challenges..so i can play more personals on a wednesday… Well done pogo!!!!

56 ViperXD24 March 26, 2011 at 1:38 pm

its all choice people. I for one think its a great idea and ill be staying with pogo for the rest of my life cuz its a hobby for my wife and I and know a days I consider it a fair price for hours of entertainment. thanks pogo

57 Sweetness6645 March 26, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Still too expensive.

We pay for the weekly badges with our membership and I will not be spending anymore money on Pogo.

58 OpenMouth+Foot March 27, 2011 at 11:03 am

Still think it’s a Great idea, and to have this choice. But, Pogo if you’re lurking again, keep working on shaving a few Gems off ;) JMO

59 swirrrly March 27, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I like the idea of having additional personal challenges. It lets those of us who haven’t been on Pogo since the beginning go back and get past weekly badges. What doesn’t thrill me is having to pay to do this. Pogo has already offered these badges free once so us “newbies” are the ones getting penalized.

60 MomsBassetHound March 27, 2011 at 2:31 pm

swirrrly #59 – You don’t have to purchase them, you can just do the free one every week until you have completed all your badge albums.

I just opened my 2nd account last April and it will take me years to get caught up, but I’m just going to do the free one…..and take advantage of the quarterly marathons.

It’s all about personal choice.

61 Kaye March 27, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Swirrly #59, those who have been members all the way through have not had these badges for “free”. We had to pay our yearly subscriptions to get these badges, so it only seems fair that if you want to play more than the one “free” personal offered per week that you pay to do so.

62 beth March 28, 2011 at 10:08 am

post #54 jennifer that would be a great ideal EXCEPT for the fact free pogo players DONT have weekly badges to do lol, so there would be No revenue there for pogo, yep thats a perk of being a club member is having weekly challenges…..

and since post #61 kaye i have had a change of heart about my feelings on this matter (its a lady’s right to change her mind lol) kaye your exactly right we didnt get them free we PAID our yearly dues so pogo should consider the year ,example say in 2007 there were 102 badge pogo should divide the 102 into 40.00 and that should be the cost of the badge in gems, and for say years 2004 or 2003 where there were only 54 or so badge those would be even higher priced because that would be 40.00 divided by 54 or however many there were and that shold be the cost per badge in gems and NEVER no cut rate or sales or buy more for less packages, that way its fair to older members for being here and cost you as if you were here…

and as a side note to the “RICH” that agrees pogo needs to charge and re-post every other post agreeing that pogo should charge and how cheap it is should be charged “DOUBLE” lol j/k

but seriously i feel pogo should divide the number of badges by the price that years annual fee was and charge that per badge and i feel that would be fair all the way around…hugs and love to all <3 BIG HUGS boop

63 Danna March 28, 2011 at 10:20 am

I like the idea of having more personal challenges, when you want them. But why not let us use our tokens for them?

64 thirty7ave March 28, 2011 at 10:41 am

Danna, couldn’t agree with you more!
Lisa~

65 dee March 30, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Bring it on. Would like to clean up some old challenges. Hope it starts tomorrow.

66 LindaKaye49 March 30, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Looking forward to it. I have so many personals yet to do that I wouldn’t mind doing an extra one a week.

67 mary April 1, 2011 at 11:10 am

I will buy a few, cause I need about 200 more to finish all of my yearly badge albums.

68 Alan April 4, 2011 at 9:50 am

Hi All…
This idea sounds great!!!!
So does anyone know when this is going to take place?

69 Lura April 4, 2011 at 9:55 am

Alan: There’s still no word on when this will be available or if this pricing model is final.

70 Alan April 4, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Hi…

Thanks Laura..for the info..
I will wait till the badges are avaliable to buy!!!

71 goNILor4p April 4, 2011 at 7:01 pm

#54 Jennifer- I have dealt with CS many times for several different issues, either through live chat (help.pogo.com/chat) or by a local phone agent (Patti C. aka my Angel) and have nothing but wonderful things to say. Best customer service ever! Seriously!!!!….I’m not being sarcastic.

P.S. I recommend you not use the “contact us” through the pogo site, lots of red tape there.

72 marsomes April 5, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I have been reading through the thread and can see some valid points on both sides..as was mentioned several times it is all about choice. I personally will be waiting a while before taking advantage of the extra personal challenges only because I always have one mix and match as well as at least one or two premium albums on the go, giving me 5 or 6 badges per week as it is. I need about half of 2005 and only two in 2004–I have all the rest. However, one point I do disagree with is those who say pogo is now charging us to do personal badges that should be free. What pogo is charging us for, should we choose to purchase it, is to be able to activate several personal challenges at a time. The badges themselves are still a part of the club membership.