Weekly Challenges (July 28-August 3)

July 28, 2010 · 141 comments

Boardwalk Sea Ball - Dizzy Ducks Badge Boardwalk Sea Ball - Dizzy Ducks Chat Icon
Boardwalk Sea Ball – Dizzy Ducks Badge
Cross the finish line in Battle Boats 10 times this week!

Sudoku Puzzle Blast - Cheddar Champ Badge Sudoku Puzzle Blast - Cheddar Champ Chat Icon
Sudoku Puzzle Blast – Cheddar Champ Badge
Reveal the 5x multiplier 3 times this week!

First Class Solitaire - Take Flight Badge First Class Solitaire - Take Flight Chat Icon
First Class Solitaire – Take Flight Badge
Place 50 cards in the foundation stacks in 21 days to win this badge plus 2000 tokens!

If you’d like to meet up with others to earn these badges, please use rooms that start with B or H, or Temporary Members Room 50030. Wear a badge that looks like a “B” to identify yourself and don’t forget to say hi!

Leave your tips, tricks, and hints for earning these badges in a comment below.

Filed under: boardwalk sea ball, special/super badges, sudoku puzzle blast, weekly challenges

1 Brenda July 28, 2010 at 10:02 am

Does anyone know if there is an easier way to pick the 5 X in sudoku? Is there a trick to it?

2 Frank July 28, 2010 at 10:14 am

And I must say, I don’t like this game whatsoever, especially the boat race because I rarely finish it. Since my CPU is slower than average, I get close to the finish line but not across. So, instead of the 10 games, I’ll probably be playing about 30 or 40.

And, yes, I’d rather be playing RISK. This week’s badges are just mundane and based on luck.

3 DebbieSLP July 28, 2010 at 10:15 am

Can you quit after Battle Boats in SeaBall and still get credit toward the badge? This is one game I loathe.

Looking forward to Sudoku Blast though!

4 kathy July 28, 2010 at 10:30 am

i got my badge in sudoku , was not hard. i picked down the middle got the 5x for badge.. i just luck ….i was on beginner leval. good luck to all

5 Richard July 28, 2010 at 10:32 am

I refuse to play Pogo challenges that are not based on skill but on luck of the draw. I believe Pogo changes its games programing to make it harder to win what they set up as the challenge. It is so easy for them to just tweek the games to make the goals they set. Just look at the Solitaire games. I have played them on Nonchallenge weeks and have no problem winning the games, but when it comes to challenges it seems to take forever to win a game.

More games should be based on the individuals skill and less on the Luck of the Draw, that Pogo can easily control

6 luvshoes July 28, 2010 at 10:34 am

Shame on Pogo for insulting the intelligence of its members! This Suduko challenge is such a waste of time. Like most people, I know how to do a suduko puzzle, and can easily complete one. But for Pogo to insist that we GUESS where the 5X is in order to complete this badge is ridiculous. This is NOT a challenge, this is a guessing game. At least with last week’s RISK challenge, we had a fighting chance. (no pun intended) This is NOT a challenge! A challenge is designed to test your skills, as well as help you improve your game. This challenge does neither. To pick a very unpopular game for a challenge is one thing, but to turn it into a stupid guessing game just adds insult to injury.

7 Karen July 28, 2010 at 10:36 am

Expect to play about 90 games to get the Sudoku badge. You have a 1 in 6 chance to guess the 5x position so you’d expect to guess 18 times to get three correct guesses. Each time takes 5 games to get to the end. 5 times 18 equals 90!

8 Ardenwolfe July 28, 2010 at 10:37 am

Yes, pure luck on both it seems. Still 0/3 on Sudoku. Not my favorite weekly challenge. In fact, I’d say this is my least favorite this year.

9 Elizabeth July 28, 2010 at 10:46 am

I havent played this game since the last badge I did in it, but I was wondering then if there was any significance to the prize revealed each time you pick…like if it’s leading you somewhere. In other words, if you get just a hunk of some random cheese, does that mean your pick was leading you away from the 5x, and conversely, if you got the cheese grater for instance, was that a sign you were headed in the 5x direction? Anyone have an opinion?? LOL

10 Danielle July 28, 2010 at 10:48 am

I got the 5x the very first time, but am still at only 1/3. It’s not too bad, I like the game, and I’m trying to rank up but yeah, not the best idea for a challenge, it’s just TOO based on luck.

As far as Seaball goes, I don’t wanna. I’m going to beg my mom to do it for me, she’s better at it. Kind of a blah week. Good luck everybody! <3

11 baygrrl July 28, 2010 at 11:07 am

Kathy’s tip about going up the middle worked for me the first time I tried it, but I’ve played 2 more games since and it didn’t. Glad to have ONE of the 5x’s done!

12 trulyblessed/meanddp82 July 28, 2010 at 11:15 am

After reading most of these posts..I just don’t know what to say other than I love Pogo no matter what challenges or lack there of we get on a weekly basis. I take the position that if it is a challenge I lack an affinity for then I just table it for another time or choose not to do it at all. Now, that is the beauty of it all..if you don’t like it then you don’t have to do it..Pogo gives each and everyone of us that option. Love, love, love, Pogo.

13 wheatonmom44 July 28, 2010 at 11:24 am

So you get the 5x by picking the right tunnel to go in? Nothing more than that? Are we sure they are actually in there?

14 redlion621 July 28, 2010 at 11:40 am

just player te biggner in suduko it makes it go faster. pick one spot and stay there for the odds but i just chose and made it in six games so just hang in there wont take too long

15 sue July 28, 2010 at 11:48 am

Wonder if we all contact Pogo and tell them that even though it is just Wed AM, we are so bored we “can’t” get the badges, Pogo will just give these to us??

16 peek July 28, 2010 at 11:56 am

Hi Lura and BH ers

I just got the badge in Sudoku, Stayed on the right for all the games. Got 5x two times in a row but had to play about 8 or 9 more games to get the badge. It’s just pure dumb luck.

Now on to Seaball to see what I can do against the boats.

Good luck to everyone.

17 bwaymama14 July 28, 2010 at 12:10 pm

well i finally got the badge for soduku puzzle blast, i would use my strategy. keep going to the one line at the end until the 5x shows this is strictly chance and luck game. on some they came up fast. you play 5 games to get to the end start at one end or in the middle. but what is pogo thinking. it’s anniversary week at club pogo, you would think it would pick the most popular games that people love— to celebrate the club 7 week. lolol- gl all on the badge

18 cherie July 28, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever heard so much moaning about badges and they’ve only been out 2 hours! It’s worse than the people who didn’t even try RISK and went straight to begging Pogo to give it to them for nothing.

I’m not looking forward to either badge, but at least I’ll rank up a smidge in games I don’t usually play.

Good luck to everyone, even the whiners!

19 HollyNoelleBHnd July 28, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Have been playing Sudoku for 2 hours and 15 minutes and still only have 1/3. Can I do the Risk badge over instead???? LOL LOL LOL

Happy Badge day and Good Luck everyone!!

20 Danielle July 28, 2010 at 12:40 pm

I got my Sudoku badge after about an hour and a half or so. I found that the 5x multipliers seemed to be either to the far left or right, Of course, as soon as I realized that, I stuck to left the whole way through, and suddenly the 5x was second from left, and I missed by one about 5 times, so I eventually chose right instead, and got it. I also went up 3 ranks lol.

Cherie #18 – Not trying to start anything with you, but the people in here “whining” is nowhere near the same thing as the Risk badge last week. The people in here “whining” are doing so because they’re actually IN Sudoku and Boardwalk Seaball and working hard to get them done. A lot of the Risk people didn’t even go that far. These badges are based on luck, and yes, it is a little frustrating. Let them vent.

21 Sheljin July 28, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Badge time open for 2.5 hrs and only 19 posts? Sorry, this is NOTHING like (or worse than) the RISK response. lol lol

And sorry, some slight moaning about a random luck badge is nowhere near the same as not even trying it and running right to Pogo. Puhleeze. lol

(But sue #15 – lmaoooooooo – love it!)

I sometimes find that good-natured griping – shared misery – can be a fun way to pass the time. We’re in the BH 50030 room and just starting to hit the wine to have with all this cheese. lol Feel free to join us! Apparently, its going to take awhile. lollllll

In case anyone doesn’t really know how to play sudoku or has trouble with it, this is a nice version because you can also play it as a puzzle, matching pieces. I generally “sudoku” it first, then start plopping in the pieces in the still-open spaces. You should still check for sudoku rules before plopping (if you care about first placement accuracy) because they sometimes throw in more than one piece that looks like it could fit in a particular space. I play on Medium usually, but may move it down so my games go faster since this challenge is so random.

Love Boardwalk……and of course, while wasting time in Sudoku, someone won my Boardwalk jackpot!!! Is it okay to cry about that? lol lol wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

~Shel ;>

22 Janice F July 28, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Hi everyone and happy badge day!!! I just played the boardwalk game and it looks like you have to cross the line in the boat race and finish playing the rest of the game to get credit for the boat race, i then just played the boat race and left after that but didnt get credit for it even though i crossed the line so just heads up on that Janice F

23 Ardenwolfe July 28, 2010 at 12:56 pm

You know, and I don’t speak for everyone, but some of the challenges are fun and some are just not fun at all.

This week’s falls under: Not fun at all.

While I will still do the badges regardless, I believe the point of the thread is to express help, satisfaction, or dissatisfaction with the challenges.

The point of this thread is NOT to call people whiners, moaners, or otherwise. That’s not constructive or of an opinion about the Weekly Challenges.

We don’t critique your responses, and we’d appreciate it if you’d do the same.

Thank you.

24 Ardenwolfe July 28, 2010 at 1:07 pm

On that note, they should add a ‘liked neither’ option for the weekly badge poll.

25 OpenMouth+Foot July 28, 2010 at 1:07 pm

DebbieSLP #3
nope you cant leave the boardwalk game after boat race or any others and get credit. you have to play the whole stinkin game. Ugh. Its the first one of the matches and if you win you have to play them all. I’m like Frank on this one I dont win the boat race either. Well I’ll try it but if i still dont get it in 6 days oh well, I tried.

The Sudoku game I have tried before but the odds aren’t very high for you to get the 5X either but i would rather play that one than the SeaBall Game. Then again it may bug the crap out of me Untill I get both, doubt it though. LOL

Well regardless, Good Luck Everyone this week!

26 Pat July 28, 2010 at 1:08 pm

All I can think of as i go to play Suduko is the old “shell game”–sorry Shel, no relation–or the “3-card Monte” that hustlers played, where a specific playing card would show up and the sleight of hand was used to confuse and defeat you..

27 okladyplayer July 28, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Finished with Boardwalk, 10 games, no problem. Looking forward to Sudoku, one of my favorite games.

28 DebbieSLP July 28, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Thanks Open #25 — I learned that myself by giving it a try. The strategy will be to play boats, then multitask while the other games are running! Thank goodness boats is first. Did I say I can’t stand this game, lol!!

I also took Frank’s (#2) experience under advisement and decided not to try SeaBall at work where I have a slow internet connection. Working on Sudoku for a little while now, and ditto the moans above! At least it’s a game I like.

Happy Hump day everyone. We’ll get through these. :-)

29 Kali July 28, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Hmm, I don’t mind doing sudoku puzzles, but if you play on the easiest level, you don’t even have to know how to do sudoku – just match the pieces and see where they fit, like a jigsaw puzzle.

Boardwalk Sea Ball on the other hand is one of my least favorite games. But oh well, I’m still happy we had a Tumble Bees challenge.

Oh and one other thing – what is up with someone winning the jackpot almost EVERY week in one of the games with a weekly badge? Seems to have happened an awful lot recently.

30 Faith July 28, 2010 at 1:39 pm

I just got the Boardwalk badge….it wasn’t hard, just took time. To get the badge make sure you watch for the groups of 4 and 5′s at the bottom of the game screen and aim in that direction, and go as fast as you can. If you don’t get it, leave and go into another room that is closer to finishing the complete game….at least you will get to the boat game sooner. gl

31 Pat July 28, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Let me now ask, if ya play for 20 hours and dont get the badge, can ya go to customer service and get a free one?

32 WilliamPorygon July 28, 2010 at 2:04 pm

I don’t mind Boardwalk Sea Ball, it’s a fun game to play once in a while. Sudoku is just annoying though. Nothing like a challenge where depending on your luck you can be done in 20 minutes or go for hours with no progress to show for it.

33 cherie July 28, 2010 at 2:09 pm

So much for stating MY opinion. Oh, well, that would be why I don’t post often.

Lura…keep the great work! I appreciate all you do to make this a wonderful site full of helpful information.

34 Danielle July 28, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Last from me, I promise. I decided to do Seaball after all, and got it in 10 games. It does rely heavily on luck but if you can move fast enough, shouldn’t take too long hopefully.

Again, gl everybody.

35 Pat July 28, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Okay, now a friend and i are in private, playing good clue, bad clue in suduko–if we get a good clue–lantern, pick axe, continue on..if we get bad clue,lactose intollerance pills, divert–anything to mix it up LOL Trying to see if there is a pattern..

36 luvshoes July 28, 2010 at 2:51 pm

It is unfair to refer to players who comment negatively about a challenge as “whiners”. Although very unsure of RISK, I DID earn the badge and learned a bit about the game in the process. There is NOTHING to learn from doing the Sudoku badge. This is NOT a challenge. This is a test of a player’s endurance. I’ve already given the badge 3 hours and I still have NOT picked the 5X. In 3 hours you would have thought I would have hit it one time. DON’T REFER TO US AS “WHINERS” OR “COMPLAINERS”. Most of us expect a challenge, and are willing to see it through. However, we do have a right to speak up when the odds of a challenge are COMPLETELY stacked against us.

37 kathy July 28, 2010 at 2:52 pm

on the boardwalk sea ball badge if you dont get 50 points and finish line
for your boat you can jump to another rooom.. i did that and wait for the next game to start for the boats. good luck all

38 mumson45 July 28, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Hi all

I am sorry but I disagree with all the the negativity about this week’s badges, after all the hoo ha with RISK, I would have thought people would have enjoyed these games, and so what if it takes a while, we do have all week to get them, not like they have to be done in a day, It seems to me that POGO can’t anything right at the moment, I wonder how many will go running to them saying they cant get the badges, these badges are not an insult to any members intelligence, they are both based on luck, but there again most POGO games are

loz

39 MomsBassetHound July 28, 2010 at 3:39 pm

All I can say is I’m glad they have chesse in Sudoku to go with MY whine. I’ve played 75 games, gone up almost 3 ranks, and still have only found the X5 once. I have not changed where I’m going, staying in the same spot, and only once in 15 tries. This is not a challenge of skill, it’s just a challenge of how long before I say enough.

40 lr3216 July 28, 2010 at 3:48 pm

MomsBassetHound (39)
I got the badge in Sudoku by watching where the last 4X’s came up and choosing the same spot. I got it in 6 games! Maybe this will help you or someone????? Anyway, that worked for me. I can’t seem to get even one of the boats to finish…..so that may be a badge I won’t get! :(

41 redlion621 July 28, 2010 at 4:07 pm

it seems the easiest way to win boardwalk is to wait til the end of the week and play in a room alone – you will surely win then lol

42 Ed July 28, 2010 at 4:07 pm

I want to rank up in Sudoku Puzzle Blast so I played 90 games today when I had down time. At first, I thought the 5x bonus would come up on the far right or next to right position. This was true for the first 5 games, but as I played the 5x bonus started showing up in all different positions. Guess it’s a random event :-( so keep on playing.

Good luck and enjoy,

Ed

43 Ann July 28, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I ditto the comment by Luvshoes #36. Couldn’t have said it better. I do have a question. Is there any way to turn off the shaking in sudoku.
Thank you and good luck to all.

44 Pat July 28, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Hey, some of us did NOT whine about RISK–give us a moment to whine about a game that is pure chance–the rest of ya had your turn !!!

45 vibirdlady July 28, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Just starting badges- had errands to do-
cherie # 18 , I have missed your post in here !! I still remember when you helped me get my Hearts badge. I like Sudoku so don’t mind playing til I get my badge. Not crazy about the boardwalk sea ball game but will play it til I get my badge. If I could spend 30 hours getting that DREADED solitare badge (that is now in my special editions album, I think) , I can make it through these two. Wasn’t crazy about Risk but did learn to play, thanks to DanTheMan & my grand-daughter. Will probably play again, have found several games that I’m trying to rank up in that I had to learn because of the badge of the week. MBH save me a spot, on my way there! Vera ^v^ ^v^ ^v^

46 Woody July 28, 2010 at 4:43 pm

I always play for the badges and some certainly are better than others. Some games I detest and some I love. Sudoku went easy but Sea Ball is one that I have some trouble with. Can anyone help on the stupid squid game, I can NEVER hit them in the right spot to stop them !!! Must be a trick that I haven’t found out about yet. I do think getting the boats across has a lot to do with the speed on your computer.

47 Caren July 28, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Woody #46: It took me forever to figure out how to hit them. My problem was I was thowing the ball too hard. You have to aim so the tip of the line arrow hits and ends at the head of the squid. It isn’t enough for the line to go through the head. I had the same problem with the ducks, I couldn’t get the ones on the bottom row.

48 Janet July 28, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Woody (46) Hit the front long “hairs” on the squid. Forget the squid itself.
Just hit those long “whiskers”.
Got the Boardwalk in 31/2 hours… the sudoku in 2hrs.
Not my favorite Wed.

49 MomsBassetHound July 28, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Vera – I’ll be in there for awhile, so come on in…..saved you a seat :)

Woody – It’s been awhile since I played Boardwalk, but I usually aim at where they come out. If you hit them on the head it will stop them. If I ever finish Sudoku and get to play Boardwalk I will post again.

50 Janet July 28, 2010 at 5:14 pm

P.S. !!!!!!!! Hit the whiskers CLOSE to the mouth!

51 mspatmac July 28, 2010 at 5:18 pm

HELP! I’m drowning and the *(&*%&** boat just stays still. Frank #2, we are in the same boat (intended pun), I just can’t get 50 points. But by all that’s holy, I WILL prevail.

Got the other “challenge” badge thanks to means from BH. She suggested moving 2 spaces to the right or left of where the x5 came up in the previous game and by gum it worked! Murphy will not be getting these badges this week unless he wants to borrow the laptop and paw it to death. After all it’s all luck, right?

Hang in there lr3216, you will get it.

Enjoyed the fun of playing with BH ladies, made it a lot more bearable. Also enjoying all the posts today, especially whine with the cheese, nice one Suz.

Dr. Shell, think we all need therapy after these challenges are done! Office hours please.

Life jacket, check, sea sick pills, check, torpedo, check so it’s on to the boats again. Have fun………

52 Blazer007 July 28, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Woody #46 ~ I hit the squids right on the front of their tentacles. The red ones go the fastest so go for those first, then the yellow ones, then the green ones. That is the round that I do the best on. Blazer

53 Sheljin July 28, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Boardwalk Sea Ball: I want to remind everyone to always double-check the Pogo Game Ranks and Badges tab at the top of every BH page if you are looking for tips on a specific game. Obviously this thread is for us all to share tips and we all should keep doing it. But while you are waiting for an answer, its worth taking a look because the answer you are looking for may already be there.

You can also choose the name of the game in the Categories search box also available near the top of every page, but on the right-hand side. That will take you to every thread that had that particular game as a subject.

It really is very kewl how well this site is organized and how easy it is (usually!) to find additional information.

Woody #46 – You won’t be able to do this all the time, but the best way to hit the squids (I have found) is to hit them JUST as they are appearing on the screen. So I keep my cursor to the left and try to get them that way. I try shooting them in red, yellow, green order not only because the red are worth more (and so on, down the line) but because they also are the fastest and you don’t want them grabbing your pearls. Oh my! lol

~Shel ;>

54 Tom July 28, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Happy Badge Day, everyone!

Sudoku used to be one of my faves before I joined the Club because you could play 4 quick games at Beginner level and than 1 game at the Bonkers level to get the tokens but that’s obviously not needed for the badge. I agree that the randomness for this badge was very frustrating, but it still doesn’t compare to the blasted 6′s badge in Yahtzee.

Regarding Seaball, I actually enjoyed this one. I was able to get it in 11 games (came up 1 short in the other!).
The only tips I can give with this one is that when one side of the board has most of the 5′s & 4′s to throw it there and also try to aim between the glass and the top pegs because it tends to fall quicker and with this game, the quicker the better.

Good luck, everyone!

Tom

55 Cindy4764 July 28, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Well, I think this will be a week I take a ‘break’. I dislike both the games but played 5 full games of Sudoku and got 1 1 3 1 and 1…whoopty do. That’s 25 puzzles of a game I don’t even like.

On Seaball I won with the boats the first game I played but got called away so couldn’t finish the other games – didn’t get credit for the win. I played 3 more full rounds and got the boats once, and missed the other two times by a very narrow margin. I’m actually pretty good at it but I don’t like it when you have to play so many other games to get points in the one game you need. Soooo, maybe it’s my mood today and maybe I’ll try again tomorrow but I think I’ll skip the badges this week and go find something for my personal. Something I like, LOL!

56 Roger July 28, 2010 at 6:16 pm

In Sudoku Puzzle the 5X is randomly set after you have picked the spot so the prizes are no clue to where the 5X will be. Since each dot has the same percentage of being the right one each time, there is no need to change your pattern. I suggest playing one of the middle points all the time till you get the badge.

57 hottemperedadan July 28, 2010 at 6:33 pm

how does this game work? you can get all the hints you want for starting but this week to get the 5x multiplier is not working.

some folks have spent 5 hours on this.

58 BERTI July 28, 2010 at 7:01 pm

JUST PLAY THE GAMES—THATS WHAT THEY ARE —GAMES—-WIN –LOSE —JUST HAVE FUN AND ENJOY—-:)

59 Ro July 28, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Should I post & say that the sudoku badge is insulting….oh no, I might be called a whiner….ok…good luck to all on the badges…have fun…remember, we all have opinions.
Ro

60 DebbieSLP July 28, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Cindy (#55) It isn’t necessary to play any of the other games after boats to get credit for your boats win, but you do have to stay in the room and wait until the end. I have been playing just the boats, and if I get the 50 points, multitasking while the other games are going on, getting 0 points in all of them. Then at the end I come in last, but still get my credit toward the badge.

HTH

61 PepperGlenwood July 28, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Anyone find it odd that the Boardwalk badge is called “Dizzy Ducks Badge” yet it has nothing to do with that section of the game?? :D

62 genie July 28, 2010 at 8:06 pm

got
sudoku badge in 5 games. I would aim for where 1 times was before.

63 Faith July 28, 2010 at 8:13 pm

There is no point in waiting until the rooms are less crowded to play for the Boardwalk badge. You do not have to compete against anybody and win the game….you just have to get your boat to the finish line…it doesn’t matter if you are first or not

64 MomsBassetHound July 28, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Well, 143 games of Sudoku and still 2/3, but I’m hanging tough. I ate dinner while playing and have my jammies all ready for an all nighter if I have to. This game will NOT beat me!! I have stayed in the same position since I started, so not chasing it, but it’s not chasing me either…LOL I may actually get the rank 10 badge before the weekly :)

65 noremmy July 28, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Hi E1…..How is everyone doing today??? YEAH it’s badge day!!! Oh, and what a day it has been. #61 – PepperGlenwood….YES, that was the first thing I noticed while playing….rather odd, but none the less 10 games, got the badge…too bad after the first round, we couldn’t just hit a stupid button called “NEW GAME”….and 2nd….I am very lucky I guess….I played 3 games on HARD level…..and I got the badge…hit the 5x’s, each time….WOW!!!!! I’m really sorry, but I don’t have any special tips….I know it was just luck……Have A Great Weekend…Did I mention I LOVE THIS SITE LURA!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

66 Frank July 28, 2010 at 8:40 pm

I enjoyed this thread. :P

The Boardwalk Seaball challenge wasn’t too difficult; just tedious at best. I got it after about 12 games. Some games, I lost the boat race and — at one point — I was 3/10. However, the next game it showed me at 5/10. Certainly I did not complain! For some reason, it counted a couple of my incompletes in the boat race as wins. ::shrugs::

Suduko is quite droll. At this point, I am 1/3 and am not even paying attention to the numbers. If you have a great mind for spatial relations, you can solve the puzzle pretty much without the math. I did try the tip of alternating the “5x” position and seeking out that opposite, which resulted in the one win. However, it hasn’t repeated. So, I’m aiming for the same point because, as logic dictates, the random appearance should have it end up in that place sooner or later.

67 redlion621 July 28, 2010 at 8:55 pm

find a room play alone and win lol

68 Frank July 28, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Okay, I got the Suduko Blast badge. The ‘selective randomness’ ended up helping. If the 5x wasn’t going to the space opposite, I ran straight lines into the corner. It started working to some extent (let’s call that dumb luck).

Oh, and Suz, your comment about the validity of whine because of a game with cheese totally made me laugh! Thank you for that.

Speaking of ‘selective randomness’ the LTTE column is out and there is heavy talk about last week’s badge. Again, I’d do last week’s ten times over than this week’s. The Yahtzee sixes I bit my lip on and succeeded, since Yahtzee is fun at least. But Suduko Blast? DO NOT WANT!

I have a headache; personal challenge for my final Pogo Bowl badge will be started tomorrow.

69 bucco1920 July 28, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Challenges were not to bad this week. A lot of people gripped in Sukodou]
but it was a chance of luck. Not that bad at all. Love the website and wish all my fellow BH’s good luck. Hubby had a total knee replacement on Monday so i really looked forward to the challenges this week.

70 luvshoes July 28, 2010 at 10:03 pm

I FINALLY got the Sudoku badge. I still maintain what I said earlier, but I am NOT a quitter, and I do NOT ask for badges that I do not earn. This IS a ridiculous challenge, and an insult to our intelligence.
I do have a tip to pass along regarding this challenge. Just watch where the 5X has been. It will hit all 6 spots. Each game head for a different spot. You will hit it by the sixth game.
Good Luck!

71 ellen520 July 28, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Well. the randomness and monotony of Sudoku was turned into pure fun by playing in the “official” BH room today…shout-out to all my fellow BH’ers…lots of encouragement and laughs made for a rather pleasant afternoon! What a group :-)

72 Alan July 28, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Anyone wanna do my seaball badge please?

73 Kali July 28, 2010 at 10:22 pm

I was totally surprised by the amount of people in boardwalk seaball STILL complaining about the Risk badge from last week. Hell, I would much rather have a win 10 games Risk badge that this week’s seaball badge.

Anyway, sudoku, I got lucky – I always went left every time, and it took exactly 30 total games (or 90 rounds) and about 1.5 hours. I felt bad though because some people in the room said 3 hours, 5 hours, and even one person said 7.5 hours and they were still 0/3.

Also, playing on beginner makes the games go much faster. As Frank #66 stated, it’s just like solving a jigsaw puzzle, you don’t even need to pay attention to the numbers.

Elizabeth #9 – I too wondered if the ‘prizes’ you reveal were like that kids game ‘you’re getting warm, you’re getting warmer, you’re getting colder, etc.’ but I found no correlation between these and where the multipliers were.

For Boardwalk Seaball, definitely aim for where you have 4′s and 5′s on the bottom. It took me exactly 10 games.

Side note – I wish pogo would add an option to their polls on the badge page that says ‘I prefer neither game.’

Also, how can anyone have voted for Seaball taking less than an hour? How is that even possible? It takes ~10 minutes for a game, and you have to play (at least) 10 games, that’s ~100 minutes total.

Shel – it was nice talking to you in Sudoku.

74 Karen July 28, 2010 at 10:27 pm

luvshoes #70 I thought that too until I kept track. The first six games covered each end spot once. Then two on the right end, two on the left, so I don’t think it always “completes the group of six”.

Suggestion on the boats….when a 5 appears in the right spot, gently shoot the ball to the rightmost spot at the top and it generally falls down without much bouncing. You can rack up several 5s very quickly if they show up in that spot successively.

75 badlokii July 28, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I’m totally frustrated with sudoku. I’ve already finished the Blue Cheese and Gold Digger mix-n-match badges (65 games) and still 0/3 on the weekly. This requires very little skill and loads of patience. I’m all out of patience for the evening. I wish everyone better luck with this than I have had.

I look forward to working on Seaball, that is at least based in skill.

76 l3ear's Mrs. July 28, 2010 at 11:15 pm

Playing in the BH room was a BLAST, all 4 plus hours of it. But the Sudoku was a dud for me. After many hours, 152 games, maxing out one of my M&M badges — I’m taking my Prospectors Fork, my Cheese Cake, and my Cat Repellent Spray and going to stand on Pogo’s free badge line. I’ve had it. l3ear can do his own.

Lura I’m going back to typing instead.

Good Luck to those still trying.

twisty \*,*/

77 Cindy4764 July 28, 2010 at 11:39 pm

“Cindy (#55) It isn’t necessary to play any of the other games after boats to get credit for your boats win, but you do have to stay in the room and wait”

DebbieSLP (#60) Thanks very much for that info. I did get called away from the computer and I wasn’t there for the next game, so Pogo ‘timed’ me out for inactivity.

I guess the good thing is that the boat game is first so if you don’t reach the 50 points you can just leave the room and go to another. That will help.

I did go back to try Sudoku again and got the 5x with the first game so all hope is not lost, LOL.

78 Mrs. Mike Brown July 28, 2010 at 11:51 pm

I am a certified whiner. This weeks badges suck.lol. GL everyone!

79 judie July 29, 2010 at 12:06 am

Hi all,,,,ty to those that said you don’t need to play the other games to get credit for the boat round….that is what I was looking for,,,,tho I am better in those other games and never win the boat round!! Sitting them out is ok by me tho!!! And ty for the tip to leave, if you dont cross the line!!! May have to use my daughters puter to do this badge as some of you said, if your puter is slow it’s much harder! I got 5x on my first game in sudoku,,,,then crap for the next 3,,,so I left and will try again tomorrow….I refuse to sit and lose for hours when we have all week to finish it! (hopefully will get lucky again, and get it on first game, man I am dreaming!!!) plus,,,I have 3 accounts to do!! ughhh GL to all and have a great weekend!

80 MomsBassetHound July 29, 2010 at 12:07 am

I finally got my Sudoku badge….only 190 games…..LOL Once I finally got it I saw where I was only 10 games to rank 10 so I stayed and got that b/c I don’t intend on going back to that game for a very long time.
By the time I found out that there was a beginner level I had 2/3 so stayed on easy. IF I decide to do Holly’s badge I will do it on the beginner level so it will go much faster.

Tomorrow I will tackle Boardwalk Sea Ball and hope I don’t have to eat dinner at my computer like I did tonight….LOL

As everyone before me has said, most of the talk in the game rooms were about last week’s Risk badge. Most said they would rather do that badge over than the Sudoku, and I agree with them :)

Glad that my whine & cheese comment earlier made some people smile.

Good Luck for everyone still working on their badges!!

81 Ann1 July 29, 2010 at 12:11 am

For the first time, I ended up in a “BH” room for Sudoku and what fun it was to play such a ghastly challenge with such great people! The entertainment couldn’t be beat and, even though I lucked out and got the badge within a reasonable amount of time, I played it like a jigsaw on easy and ended up laughing when I was way out with my guesses for the 5X. Thanks to the fabulous BHers who kept me laughing!

As for Sea Ball, there is no reason to wait until you find an empty room. You still have to play the first round with the boats and get to the line with 50. You can do whatever you please during the other parts of the game once you finish with the boats. And, as some have said before, if you don’t get 50 with your boat, just change rooms and wait until the first round comes up again. That is not my favorite game but it is one that can be done in 10 rounds. It’s too bad that you have to wait out the rest of the game but you can practice up, without losing what you need for this challenge, on other parts of the game that might be challenges in the future if you so desire! ;)

No whining from me but we sure could have used some wine with all the cheese and fun we had in Sudoku!

~Ann~

82 Debbie10 July 29, 2010 at 1:33 am

Sudoku– I watch and wrote down where the 5 came up at. It came up mostly on the 3rd dot from the left. on Beginners
Broadwalk- On the boat- Need to throw that ball fast and at the top between the spikes and watch the numbers down below see if you can get the Highs number.
On the rest, aim the line on what your aimming at
The squids – Aim the line at the one you want-Red is the fastest one and 20 points Yellow 10 and green the slow one is 5 ..You try not letting them get the pearl at the end.If you never played it ;Let all of them get the pearl at the end –but one — and learn how to throw the ball at it till you get use to it then add one at a time and you will catch on.
You still can make them drop the pearl when hitting them too.
Clams- Aim with the line on the one you want. Best to wait till the open Red will take points away from you. Hit the top ,or bottom Or side ones, The ones you feel good with .Dont bonce around till you get the hang of it.’ Go for the 25 or 50 pointers
The Coral -Thats like a pin ball game. Need to clear the colors All Red, Blue, Green, Need to try to go over them twice so they will clear
I can’t get all but one color.
Ducks- Aim the line on the one you want. Aim just in front of the duck
Do one row at a time at first.
When there is afew left, aim just in fornt of the duck and just before it gos behind the wall throw it Have the line betweent the wall and duck abit
If anyone wants me to go in the room and be there to explain as you go let me know:
Hope I help out to anyone that has not played it, Give it a try
Go to a room by your self You will get 20 tickets and will to rank up faster
thats the highs you get. Pogo Needs to add more tickets to this game
e mail me awifeofatrucker4
Good Luck e1

83 Debbie10 July 29, 2010 at 1:41 am

Please forgive my spelling .fingers and brain does not work together with me. One is faster then the other.Wires are shorting out someplace.

84 Chris F S July 29, 2010 at 2:35 am

@Janice F #22 — I played just the boat race and got across the finish line, left the rest of the games while I did something else and got credit for the game. You donn’t have to play other games but you do have to finish the entire round to get credit for the boat race

@Arden #23 — Well said !!!!

@redlion #41 — playing alone did make a difference for me. Even though everyone can cross the finish line something bout being alone just made it mentally better for me.

Played in the temporary room set up for BH’ers and that made the time go by in the Sudoko challenge. Great fun had in the room. Don’t remember how much time it took me to get the badge but I do remember it was all random. I was all over the board and just got it by luck.

I am finishing up on the Boardwalk Sea Ball badge. I am stuck on seven wins and can’t seem to get past it. I will finish up tonight and be done with it so I can work on the limited first class solitaire badge.

85 catania1966 July 29, 2010 at 8:14 am

Hi all fellow bhers from down under,

Well I’m not one to usually whine/complain,after all I spent most of last risk badge helping out some great bhers with their badge and had loads of fun doing it – met some great people too.But I really hate these chance based games – could take you 1 hr,could take you over 10 to get the same badge!! Just no sense in that – at least from where im sitting.
Ok Ive had my whinge,as us aussies put it.I finally got my sudoku badge,first 2 went really quick,just lucky I suppose,but last one took FOREVER.It took so long i think I even FELT less hair on top of my balding head lol
As for boardwalk seaball,I had been practicing prior to this week,so i got it in 10 gms no problems.Its not my fav part of the game,i love the ducks – like one of the ladies in the room said – “it must be a guy thing” lol
So take care all,hope summer gives u all some heat relief,but if not send some Twisty’s way as she is feeling the cold in Brisbane at the moment lol

86 Badlokii July 29, 2010 at 8:46 am

I’m finding that speed is important in the boat race in seaball. I can aim for the 4s and 5s all I like but the pins will bounce the balls wherever. I’ve been consistently hitting 50 just by blasting away as fast as I can. It is true that you don’t need to play the other games to get credit for the boat race. I would suggest that you score some points in each of the other games if you are interested in ranking up. Just by scoring something in each game you will get the rank points. I am also doing the squid squisher mix-n-match so I need perfect games in that one.

See you in the BH rooms and good luck everyone

87 Ro July 29, 2010 at 9:03 am

I had to share this…my mom is 84; Pogo games keep her mind going…last night, she wants to know how to get the sudoku badge…so tell her to set on beginner & put the pieces in – omg, she loves it; then explain about the mouse going thru the tunnels & you have to pick…10 minutes on the phone & she has her first 5x & then politely tells me she has to get off the phone to play this new game. Ok, as of now, she has 2/3 & lucky me, she will probably do the other 3 family members…gotta love it : )
Ro
PS: Now if I could just teach her the boats one LOL

88 awanpanji July 29, 2010 at 9:05 am

Hi my first time talking. But just had to give hint on weekly game boardwalk is easiest if you aim at ends when you see 5s I got mine faster when doing this. Other game is all luck

89 Janet July 29, 2010 at 10:34 am

Ro (#87)
What a sweet tale!

90 whanapian2 July 29, 2010 at 11:08 am

Forgot to post.
Boardwalk – Make score of 50 in 1st round. Iono if you should score more to get credit or play all games to get credit, but i play all games cos i want to get rank
Sudoku – I’m on Rank 43 so i think this week’s challenge is a good opportunity to get a rank in this game since the odd to get 5x is little (Be glad its only need 3 not 5 or 10). Leveled up one to get this.
I was surprised when i take poll and there is some of them who choose not to take the badge in both badge. And some ppl are really crazy (or joking) that they claim they won both badges under 1 hour (Well probably Sudoku can but Boardwalk should be taking at least more than 1 hours since you have to do at least 10 games to get this badge)

91 psalm233 July 29, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Gm BH’ers ~~ i have say I was worried b4 I got started after reading the posts & then going to play Soduko ~~ I went to the 50030 room & it was LOADED with BH’ers of fun & the conversation kinda helped with ugly part of the challenge ~~ There is one thing I do that helps with no matter what challenge it is. When the new M&M badges are put up for a sneak peak & the up coming challenges are put up ~~ I check & try & keep the M&M badges to do with the challenge ~~ same with the PBA badges. This really helps especially if it’s a game you don’t like or a challenge of “luck” you at least feel like you are getting something accomplished. Just a suggestion.

I putting off Boardwalk cuz I still have the M&M badge from the last challenge we had ~~ the pearl one “Squid swarm” play 8 perfect games & I am terrible at that game ~~ anyone have any tips or tricks on how to play a perfect game grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I almpst rather play risk again LOL HABD E1 Happy Badge getting LOL psalm

92 mspatmac July 29, 2010 at 12:08 pm

As usual, the anticipation was worse then the reality. I was a bit frustrated with the boats last night and decided to let it go till today. Think I was just burned out after Sudoku.

Doing pretty well, 5/10 in about 9 games so I am getting the hang of it. LOL doing laundry after the boats and make it back in time for the next match. Not a game for me to play for fun, but will always play it for a badge.

Hoe everyone is having a great day.

93 homelessdog July 29, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Taking a look at the code for Sudoku Puzzle Blast shows that the location of the multipliers is completely random, so all these tips about selecting the one on the far left, far right, or middle, aren’t actually going to help you out. It’s random. Keep playing.

94 okladyplayer July 29, 2010 at 12:50 pm

I played sudoku the way I always do. Because I like this game and am ranking up in it, I just make the same choice every time and get back to the next puzzle. I got this badge in 11 games. Yeah it’s random, like the B1 prediction and the share number in Keno Pop.

95 Jan in Denver July 29, 2010 at 1:06 pm

I spent 3 1/2 hours on Suduko yesterday and I know that the 1st hour of it I spent little time actually playing the game. I was fortunate to join the 50030 Temporary Members room BH party. So nice to meet new BHers and chat again with some others I’ve met before. It was a lot of fun. Thanks so much Lura for identifying these rooms for us. I must say since we have had these rooms I have the most luck find folks in the Temporary Members room.

Funny how everone looks for some sort of pattern to help them increase their luck in finding the random 5x. Someone said they repeat in the same location once and I got two in a row following that grand advice. Thought I was golden. Still working on trying to find #3. :)

SN: mileskitty

96 pastorpapabear July 29, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Would it help to room hop in Sea Ball? Try to catch a game in progress?

97 HoneyImHome116 July 29, 2010 at 1:48 pm

#72 – Alan
If it’s ok with Lura for replying, I can do your Boardwalk Seaball badge, it was pretty easy for me.
Cheryl

98 Rebecca July 29, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I got my Suduko badge yesterday! I had the best time chatting with my fellow Bhers at the BH party yesterday in room 50030. The first time I have attended a BH party and it was a blast, it made the game tolerable and the conversation was great!! A big shout out to all of you that were there yesterday, you made getting my Suduko badge fun!!

Rebecca
(irishdreamin01)

99 Pat July 29, 2010 at 2:36 pm

On suduko, I kept guessing and trying to get psychic vibes–didn’t work–completed in just under 4 hours–For my 2nd account, I changed the strategy and picked a spot and STUCK with my choice–for me, it was the spot furthest right—I picked it EVERY TIME. This method took me just a smidge over 2 hours….so, use what you can…

100 BERTI July 29, 2010 at 2:36 pm

SUKUDO WAS OK—JUSTS KEEP TO THE LEFT SIDE OR RIGHT SIDE FOR ALL THE GAMES AND U WILL GET 5 X SOMETIME—TOOK ABOUT 1-1/2HRS TO DO–THE LITTLE MOUSE IS CUTE

101 Ardenwolfe July 29, 2010 at 2:52 pm

To pastorpapabear #96: No, room hopping doesn’t help because the challenge is game number one of the five mini-games, if I recall correctly. To get credit for the badge, you must go through all the mini-games to reach the end.

You don’t have to play the other mini-games, just the first one. But, you still must see it through all the games to get credit.

102 AzFreebird2007 July 29, 2010 at 3:14 pm

I did last weeks Risk, not only for me but for my niece – minimal screaming, no whining involved. This week however, I’m taking my turn!
I worked 5 hours switching between the 2 badges with 1×5 to show for Suduko. That’s it! I really hate those kind of badges. I didn’t mind Suduko – until it’s up to Pogo to decide when we get a hit! Missing our “hit” by one continually is extremely frustrating. This may well be one week when I don’t get my two badges and have to go back later and try to do them as personals. ~insert scream here~
Boardwalk Seaball is frustrating – when it comes down to doing well – until the last few seconds and the board comes up with only ONE qualifying row… and all the rest are 1′s & 2′s. Thanks ever so much Pogo!!!

103 jummmy2 July 29, 2010 at 3:29 pm

I hate to burst everyone balloon…LOL…but these games are all fixed….pogo fixed it over night so we could all get it…thats my story and Im sticking to it…lol

jum

104 Ro July 29, 2010 at 5:25 pm

Re my other post (#87)….Mom is now yelling at the mouse that he doesn’t know the right way to go LOL LOL
Ro

105 Lori July 29, 2010 at 5:27 pm

I will have to say the challenges this week are crappy in my opinion and you may call me a whiner if you like as it is my opinion. I like Suduku but not the guessing part and as for boardwalk seaball I can’t tell you what I think of it because you couldn’t print it. LOL I will get all 4′s or 5′s til the end and get only 1′s and once when I was at 49 the ball stuck on the peg at the top and just kept spinning until game ended…. I give up on this one… Hope everyone has better luck than I did with this game..
I ran into some BH’ers for the first time in Suduku Wed and Thurs and it was great playing and talking with them..
I too wish pogo would put an option of don’t like either on games..

106 Faith July 29, 2010 at 5:47 pm

jummmy #103. Sorry Jum…I found it to be the opposite. I got it 3 times yesterday, but couldn’t come close so far today. lol

107 LindaK July 29, 2010 at 6:52 pm

First time comment for me. Thanks for all the tips. I’ve already given up on Seaball – played several rounds by myself and still couldn’t win. I hate that POGO doesn’t count the last ball if it is in motion. Also, as others have mentioned, toward the end there aren’t enough 4s and 5s to win. Hate to miss the badge, but don’t want to waste the time. Time to move on to the personal badge.
Again, thanks, I check this site every day, especially before starting any badge.

108 mike July 29, 2010 at 7:30 pm

i was a bit frustrated with Suduko,but i just kept picking the right tunnel every time..and i got the badge in 90 minutes or so.all you need to do is keep picking the SAME ending place EVERY time.the law of averages eventually gets you the badge.Sea Ball was as exciting as watching cars rust,but was easy

109 rustybutsharp July 29, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Well, I for one enjoyed the challenges this week. If nothing else it kept me out of the bars and out of trouble. What IS funny though is all of the tips in Sudoku on how to hit the 5X – – – “Aim for the corners”, “Aim for the 2nd dot from the left or the 3rd dot from the right”, “Take the tunnel with the brightest light”, etc. etc. By the way, none of them worked!!!!!! I even tried getting up and walking around my chair 3 times. I finally just picked one of the dots and kept going to it time after time and eventually got the badge. Hope next week’s challenges are as much fun. If they are we will all be basket cases, huh?

Have a Great Weekend Ya’ll and keep those cards and letters coming in.

110 catania1966 July 29, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Hi again all,
Well I don’t usually post TWICE on a thread,but I just had to say to Ro #87 & #104,what a classic story!!! Very funny and very warming at the same time!! God bless ur mum,and you tell her to keep giving that mouse hell!! lol
catania1966

111 Noreen July 29, 2010 at 8:59 pm

Lori #105 – Yesterday I got 3 out of about 12 tries and today —- NOTHING. However, I am not easily defeated but I’ll have to curb my comments/language to the PC as my hubby thinks I have a major problem!!

112 mumson45 July 29, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Hi all

WTG for all who have the badges this week, and keep trying for those who dont, I must just say I was in the same room as a few BH suduko layers last night, we had a blast, made not getting the 5x fun, (if you know what i mean) we were having a great deal of fun, we did not care, can’t wait to meet up with all of you next week

loz

113 bbj2856 July 29, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Hi I for one was ranked out in the suduku. I played for about 20 hours total an finally got it. This is a game of chance and it has nothing to do with how much you know , or how smart you are itis all all luck when you try to choose the 5x. I feel our challenges should stimulate our mind not wear us out taking chances on a game trying to win with a chanceof picking right box. It is sad to think others call us dumb if it took long time to get it

114 Frank July 29, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Has anybody noticed how the “Chose not to pursue badge” on the weekly poll hovers around 15% for Suduko and 22% for Sea Ball? Yes, I’m aware that these numbers end up declining as more and more folks respond to the poll. And, yes, I’m aware that it is nowhere near the RISK percentages.

However, I just wanted to point out that the percentages are still high. Typically, I see them in the single digits and I wonder if Pogo is setting a precedent after last week’s controversy. They should have spaced out these challenges. Putting bland challenges in the same week (and after the RISK one, to boot!) leaves a lot of residual distaste.

[Oh, and in about five weeks, we'll have a weekly challenge in Monopoly to pass go 75 times, in honor of Monopoly's 75th anniversary. That'll sure raise some ire. Save the talk for that topic over the weekend.]

115 judie July 29, 2010 at 10:17 pm

well, rusty,,,the only time I hit the 5x was 3rd from the right,,,but i have only played 6 games and got one on my first account and 2 on my second…. I am soooooooo sure the next games will not be as lucky for me. I walk away after hitting a 5,,,,then come back later and bang another 5….I won’t sit for hours, as I said in my previous post. We got a week to do it in,,,and one a day is fine for me!! tho I got 2 today, cuz i went to visit a friend and nailed that one on first game too!! I find that leaving for a few hours is better than playing for them few hours and hitting nada. Seems most are playing for hours at a time for nothing….try walking away….works for me!!!! One more to go on this account,,,got the first 2 in 3 games tho i left after winning the first, losing the second,,,going to a friends room and winning again. With chance games as this one is,,,it always works for me. Now seaball is a different story,,,I got NONE in there,,,,I have a slow puter,,,not sure if that is the reason or I just suck at it,,,lol gonna try on daughters puter and see if any difference in hers. As to risk…..I don’t care for the game but found it very ez with all the tips that you good people shared with us,,,tyvm!!!!! I got 3 accounts done and helped many others get theirs too! TY tippers and hinters!!!! Have a great weekend!!!

116 Chris F July 30, 2010 at 12:39 am

Good evening fellow BH’ers. I am a sucker for punishment this week. After completing my badges Wednesday evening I decided to do my sister-in-law’s badges for her starting this evening. Just as my previous post I am stuck at seven on the Seaball badge LOL. But it is going much quicker this time around. I am up to seven after just two hours of play. I am then off to the BH’er room for the Sudoko misery.

117 KathySNJ July 30, 2010 at 1:04 am

I stink at the boat race! I have played 52 games and only have 9. SO CLOSE! I don’t know how many times I have lost by 1 and my last ball is on the screen and the game ends. Someone else mentioned – why doesn’t the last ball count? My ball sometimes also gets stuck somehow spinning and I shake my laptop trying to get it loose! lol

I shouldn’t be surprised that I stink at this. I stink at bowling too. :)

118 KathySNJ July 30, 2010 at 1:14 am

I should have waited to post – I got it next game! Now on to my other account!!

I got both Sudoko’s – I think it went faster when I just always picked the same dot. Like everyone said – that was just luck.

119 laughintexas July 30, 2010 at 2:14 am

Here is a tip that worked for me on Soduku badge this week. I got all 3 5x’s in a row! Play the game only picking the tunnel to the left. As soon as you get to the corner and get your 5x, exit the room. Join a new room and repeat by only picking the tunnel on the left all the way through. Once you get to the 5x, exit the room and Repeat!

I got the badge in about 20 minutes!!! Now the Seaboard badge is a whole other story… ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Good luck all!

120 Paulette July 30, 2010 at 6:50 am

As per this week challenge (Suduku), the strategy that I used was to always guess the same spot. (First one on the far left). That way you had the chance of having it right 1 in 5 times.

121 Paulette July 30, 2010 at 6:54 am

As per this week challenge for Broadwalk you can room hop. You don’t have to do the 5 rounds to have the credit. You just have to wait for the last round to see your progress.

122 paulnose July 30, 2010 at 7:34 am

It took me a little over 40 full games to get the badge, I got bored after the first 10 games so started keeping track of what multipliers came up in each dot. The results of 32 observations are as follows:

(hopefully the format stays intact)

Multi Xooooo oXoooo ooXooo oooXoo ooooXo oooooX
5 5 5 4 8 7 3
4 6 6 8 3 6 3
3 3 7 7 4 2 9
2 5 8 2 3 7 7
1 13 6 11 14 10 10

123 MomsBassetHound July 30, 2010 at 10:02 am

I did get the Sudoku badge on Holly’s account and it went a lot faster than mine. I played her’s on beginners level so the puzzles went super fast. I got the 5X on the first time down the tunnel, then nothing the next 6 times. I stopped playing for a couple of hours and went back in to play while talking on the phone to a friend. I got the last 2 within about 90 minutes…..a very nice surprise.

I am really not looking forward to playing Boardwalk Sea Ball. I finished my personals on both accounts, so can’t put it off any longer….LOL

It’s almost 6 years since I joined Club Pogo and can’t ever remember not having at least started my 2nd badge before Friday. If it were just throwing 500 balls in the boat race that is bad, but not as bad as having to score 50 ten times. It also doesn’t help that my eye/hand coordination sucks :)

Congrats to everyone that has finished and good luck to all still working on their weekly badges!!

124 EllyMentary July 30, 2010 at 10:21 am

if you’ve got 2 x5s in sudoku already, suggest you pick a spot and aim for that spot every game. It HAS to be the spot soon.

125 v July 30, 2010 at 11:26 am

# 122 I have No idea what this is supposed to be, there are no 8 or 7 multipliers in the sudoku game and you have 11′s and 10s and 14s?????????????

126 Lori July 30, 2010 at 12:47 pm

well I didn’t give up started again this morning and so far have zilch in the boats.. How in the world do people do this I aim for the 5 and goes to 1 Is there any certain way? I swear I have tried them all

127 david July 30, 2010 at 1:04 pm

I knew Sudoku was going to be a pain when thay anounced it last week.

My advise is pick an ending spot and just keep going there, DO NOT CHANGE!

RISK was easier than this is.

128 Jean July 30, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Lori, I’m with you the same thing is happening to me. I am ready to call it quits.

129 wheatonmom44 July 30, 2010 at 2:10 pm

#126 and #128 Lori and Jean I do not necessarily aim for just the 5. A lot of times the 5 has a 4 or even a 3 next to it. I aim for that group of numbers and it usually works OK. Quite often 2 fives are paired together and after you get one a 3 or 4 appears nearby. You do have to click fast but I did win boats in games where I lost my ball twice or hit the number 1 a couple of times.

I did poorly on Wednesday, then on Thursday I went to a quiet room, only 3 people in it and I did much better. I find I get a little stressed in timed games in crowded rooms. Hope you both can get the badge.

130 Lori July 30, 2010 at 3:56 pm

#129 wheatonmom44 I finally figured that out after screaming and a lot of other things and running my husband to go to bed at 3pm and I did get the badge but it will not be a favorite game for me.. Hope to never have to play it again..I guess this is what a duh moment is LOL Have a lot of those lately…

131 Gecko July 30, 2010 at 11:40 pm

LOL, well, I found a way to find the 5x, but it may not work for you! I dressed my Mini up as that Cat from the story/movie/new movie (you know the one) and put up all the mice I could find in my closet and threatened them in my caption. No kidding as 20 mins later I had found the last two 5x that I needed. Hope everyone got a good laugh.

I did keep track of the 5x for this last session and they went as follows:
5-1-4-1-3-3 Pretty sure it is completely random.

PS homelessdog #93: the only way you could see the code for SPB and make that statement is to reverse the Java… doing so is a direct violation of TOS and, in some places, actual laws. I wouldn’t do that ever! I want my chance in a million at the jps!

132 queenofwhsper July 31, 2010 at 1:42 am

Woohoo – got my suduko badge in 3 games. I played in a room with no one in there- late at night- picked the extreme left side and got it. Then I picked the extermed right and got it. Then I went for the middle and got it. I think it might be easier late at night when no one is playing.

Also for the sea gull badge – picked a room all bye myself and was able to get it. Pick a room all bye your self. I HOPE this helps!

133 jaredph July 31, 2010 at 11:47 am

I tried lr3216′s (#40) tip, and it worked on 3/4 games. It made that badge a lot shorter. Hope it works for the rest of you :)

jaredph

134 Ice July 31, 2010 at 7:15 pm

i seemed to find a pattern – the 5x moves to left 1 space

135 Ro July 31, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Lura,
I looked & didnt see this in the hints for the SeaBall game so thought I would offer this for the Boats round.
Most people think they have to really heave the ball to the top when the opposite is true. If you look at the screenshot for the game on Pogo (this is how I showed my mom how to do it)..the first brown bar right on top of the game board (gray spikes) is where you want your ball….look on the bottom for 2 circles with the highest numbers; place your ball with the top of it just over that brown line in the middle of those two numbers…90% of the time your ball will hit one of the those high numbers. Also, you do have enough time to look & plan your shots; just heaving it will more than likely only get you 1′s. I hope this helps those having scoring problems…
Ro

136 Deidra July 31, 2010 at 8:00 pm

i followed the rule suggested about following the 4x and got another 5x right after it :) thanks lr3216

137 david July 31, 2010 at 10:21 pm

For Sudoku this seemed to help me a LOT.
When you start a new run of 5 puzzles, and you finish one, after the rat sets off the explosion, if he says ANYTHING, goto the RIGHT.
If he says silent, go to the LEFT.

It didn’t work EVERY run but it helped out a lot!

Good Luck!

138 Cyrabi July 31, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Hi all. For Boardwalk Seaball aim for the +4 and 5 spots.
I thought Sudoku would be easy but it took longer because the 5X is hard to predict. When I started playing for this week’s badge I think I was rank 4, now I’m rank 9. Just keep plugging and hopefully you’ll get it.

139 LindaK August 1, 2010 at 12:19 am

Thanks for all the tips. Sea ball is still problematic – won 4 games in a row last night and can’t win any today. Two more to go and I’ll have the badge.
I was wondering if on the Clam Shell portion of the game, if anyone ever had a “perfect” score of 500 or more? That seems almost impossible to me.

140 phylwitch August 2, 2010 at 2:06 pm

I win the Clam Shell a lot. Just have to wait to shoot and then be very fast in getting it off. The 25s are easy to get but have to be diligent to get the 50s. And during a lull, make a shot or two at the 15 or 10. VERY rarely hit a negative.

I got the Boardwalk badge fairly easy if not time consuming. If I did not win the Boat Race, I left the room. Also if I would start at the beginning, like round 2, I would also leave. I always carefully aim the ball for the Race to make sure that I would get a 4 or 5. Hardly ever did not win.

I also got the Suduko – just stayed to the left and kept trying. Took awhile but got it.

141 Sheljin August 3, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Greetings from the Pocono Mtns in PA! (Love your beautiful state Linda!!) I am on vacation here with occasional access to borrowed laptop, so wanted to drop a line in this thread b4 it closes since I didn’t get to b4 I left. (I am not great with laptops with no real mouse so forgive any typos or many individual shoutouts.)

First, I wanted to add to others that I LOVED getting to play with so many BHers this week for the dreaded cheese badge. lol TY to those who posted about it, too – loved meeting you also. This was a PITA badge but I think I will always think a little kindly towards it for the real fun it provided with my fellow BHers. That is one of the plusses of a longer badge – actually getting the time to play with people.

I still would prefer a NOT-luck challenge (and appreciated all the creative griping in this thread lol). Yes, it is just luck but FWIW and in case anyone is still working on it, mine showed up in a cluster at the #3 spot. It showed up 2 times in a row (without me choosing it) and when I came back to the same room, it showed up twice in a row again in that spot and I did get it. So my added advice would be to watch for poss. patterns in your own room. I agree with someone here or on weekend thread – I have found badges often start coming easier the closer to the end of badge time. Also, changing rooms if you are having no luck can help too I have found.

Frank #2 wrote: “I absolutely loathe Boardwalk Seaball. It is so creepy. That plane flying over sounds so eerie. I feel like I’m in some shady part of town and going to get mugged.” Your point is?? lollol Sorry, as Jersey girl who has spent much time down the shore (as we like to call it), I was chuckling about this comment since last week. That does kinda describe some areas of the shore here and I can say from experience that is exactly how those little planes sound, bringing ads across the beach skies all day during the summer. lol lol

I love the BSB game & played it all the way thru with no problem getting the badge. Again, for boats, aim for the sides for the best help in keeping the ball fairly straight. Go for the side with several higher numbers rather than just one 5. You want to try aiming at the brown border line above the numbers, NOT above the spikes. The spikes can cause excess bouncing, wasting time. The only time I aim in the middle is if that is where most of the larger numbers are. But don’t waste too much time with precise aiming – this is Pogo and the ball won’t always go where you want it to (which is actually accurately typical for this kind of arcade game). It takes a little practice, but I think you can do it!! GL

If anyone sees me around Pogo this week, forgive me if I don’t chat. I find it hard with this laptop and I may be showing others the games. See you all next week and GL on tomorrow’s challenges!

~Shel ;>