Tuesday Tips Day: Addiction Solitaire

June 15, 2010 · 16 comments

Pogo Addiction Solitaire (thumbnail)Addiction Solitaire, also known as Pogo Addiction Solitaire is one of the games at Pogo.com that you can rank up and earn rank badges in without ever winning a game. There are 50 Addiction Solitaire ranks and 5 rank badges you can earn. The mix-n-match, weekly challenge, and premium badges for Addiction Solitaire are usually of the following types:

- Give X token gift(s)
- Correctly place X cards
- Win X tokens
- Collect X Pogo buddies
- Win X hands

We’ve already collected some hints and tips for Addiction Solitaire, but please feel free to add your own in a comment below! We’d love to hear your tricks for playing this game, earning the types of badges listed above, or for earning more tokens in this game!

Filed under: pogo addiction solitaire, tuesday tips day

1 pastorpapabear June 15, 2010 at 9:28 am

Since Lura said above, Addiction Solitaire does not require you to even finish a game. If you’re interested in ranking up, just get your buddies, which are the yellow cards, and then hit new game. You won’t get a spin, but it will rank you up faster.

There are a lot more tips to give, but I won’t be selfish!
This is one of the reasons I love this site. It’s fun to share with others what you know and learn from the play of others. Been on this site for almost a year and it just gets better with time! Let’s not take Lura for granted!

Thanks Lura!

2 wheatonmom44 June 15, 2010 at 10:00 am

I use the undo button when I play one of the power-ups if it does not serve me well. If I zap away a king and do not make much progress I undo until that power-up is restored again and I save it for a more useful time. I do the same with the free move power up. Unless I make a lot of progress I undo and save it.

I admit I am too concerned with my stats in this game and always play the full game. I think I am at rank 21. If I ever want to rank out I am going to need to follow pastorpapabears advice and just go for the buddies.

I am enjoying the Tuesday Tips Day section, thanks for adding it.

3 papadon4922 June 15, 2010 at 10:18 am

I gave tips on winning addiction solitaire last week but will do it again in case last weeks did not go in the addiction solitaire hints page. Current win streak is 1025. I have been playing it since about the third day it came out and had to learn how to win it. Currently have won 8006 games and lost 519.
Use the undo button and experiment each and every shuffle and deal trying to win the game or place as many cards as possible on every shuffle and deal. Use the power up that takes out a king as soon as it will give you an advantage. Using it gives you an extra open space on each shuffle. Save the power up that allows you to move any card to any place until you can use it to win the game. In most cases avoid moving cards that open space behind the kings as long as possible. Some times you may need to move them earlier if it allows you to move the king. Try to leave the J 3 places from the right while moving cards and fill in behind them with q and k, leave 10 four places from right etc. the same way you try to line up the smaller cards on the left.
UNDO UNDO UNDO experiment UNDO UNDO UNDO UNDO experiment UNDO UNDO UNDO UNDO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Works for me. Good luck

don

4 Deb in AZ June 15, 2010 at 10:36 am

The only hint I can give is when you get to the volcano, don’t move your cursor, click on that buddie (2nd one in from the left on bottom row). It NEVER blows the volcano. At least you’re guaranteed one b4 she blows.

5 pastorpapabear June 15, 2010 at 11:50 am

Deb in AZ or anyone else:

Have you had the first buddy be the one that erupts? I have not. I always thought the game adjusted based on your first guess. Kinda like mine sweeper or Pogo’s Stellar Sweep. But I could be wrong.

6 Jan in Denver June 15, 2010 at 11:55 am

My hints would be for the ‘give x token gift(s)’ badges. I have heard it mention by others that more gift power ups are given in full rooms. That has been my experience, too. So, #1 play in a full room.

#2 the gift power ups are random and are revealed by moving the gold cards – just like the other power ups and buddies. So, if you are not playing to win the game just the badge, you can just hit next game if moving the gold cards does not reveal a gift power up.

#3 in order to give the gift you must win the game.

#4 Pogo will give you two choices of who to give the gift to. Make a quick decision. I learned the hard way when one time I waited just a fraction too long and the person I gifted left the room. Turns out you don’t get credit for giving the gift if the person leaves the room before receiving it.

7 Cathy June 15, 2010 at 1:32 pm

I’ve noticed that the volcano doesn’t blow on the same line at the same time. I do pretty good on this by starting at the top one time and at the bottom of the volcano the next.

8 Sheljin June 15, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Thanks, again, Lura, for wonderful new feature!

papadon #3 – I am in complete awe! wtg again! Thanks for re-posting your tips on this thread so they can help more people. I am going to add a tip which I believe first came from you also: be careful when you have almost all the buddies you need for the volcano game because once you hit that, you can’t undo back to the beginning of that hand anymore.

Don, I tried what you recommend, and can absolutely see how it can help – but I don’t think I have the patience to do it on the same scale as you do. I may try it again when I’m not trying to get a badge…..I like this game, but – man – when you are trying to finish a badge, it just feels like forever sometimes.

I *do* use the undo alot, especially in the situations noted by wheatonmom #2. I also undo if I move a 2 into an open beginning slot and it doesn’t give me a big string of moves.

I would love to hear if anyone has any hints, superstitions, etc. for playing/winning the volcano bonus game. I actually think its completely random – that Pogo decides before you even click how many you will get, and it really doesn’t matter which buddies you click or don’t. What’s everyone else think?

Lastly – giving gifts…….depending on my mood, I sometimes use the gifts to see if I can get any chat started up. I did it much more when the game first came out…….but it did lead to some really good fun many times.

~Shel

9 l3ear's Mrs. June 15, 2010 at 6:21 pm

I’d like to say a big Thanks to Lura, Joe and all who has/will, contribute to Tuesday Tip Day. What a huge job to conquer. Somehow I missed this new feature last Tuesday.

For the volcano bonus … once you have activated a volcano remember where it is for next time — and Do Not Click on the one to the Right of it. That will be the next one to blow— At least that has been my experience with it. . But then again, I’m only at rank 40 in it.

ღ twisty \*,*/

10 adeliegerbers June 16, 2010 at 8:43 am

Pastorpapabear #5, Yes it will erupt on first one in volcano – it happened to me just this week. I’ve also had it erupt on the same bubby three times in a row.

11 Sandy June 16, 2010 at 8:44 am

I was in a room this a.m. with 9 people. Twice I got gifts and won the games. Both times a message was at the bottom which read that no one in the room was eligible for the gifts. I received 2 gifts during this time. It makes me wonder what makes a person eligible for gifts. People were not going in and out of the room. I thought it was odd.

12 Alan(spliffy47) June 16, 2010 at 12:02 pm

greetings from England

l love this game, i should play more, but just lately i find folk so ignorant and ungrateful, when it comes to the gifting and receiving. when l was introduced to the game i was taught ALWAYS to say ty (and players name) and i can honestly say i have never missed saying thanks.

if the readership can reccomend a room where the folk are more grateful, polite and like a laugh, id be more than thankful.

have a great badgeday n gl to all

13 sheljin June 16, 2010 at 5:17 pm

Sandy #11 — That has happened to me, too, in Word Search Daily. I have always assumed that Pogo only includes people who haven’t gone idle – and that they must have a way of telling that.

I know it can’t be because people already have gotten too many gifts, because working on the weekly badge & my M&M in the game recently, I have seen many people seeming to get back-to-back gifts.

Alan #12 – I have always tried to say ty in all the Pogo games, even though some might think it is silly – especially since the gifts are random for most games. But for this one, you ARE choosing someone! It would be nice to have it acknowledged, I agree. I have mostly had pretty good luck no matter what room I play in – haven’t had a “regular” room since the game first came out, though. GL!

~Shel

14 Pat June 16, 2010 at 9:17 pm

It is funny, but I think some of these players are actually automated players. I play late at night and a particular s/n kept winning and gifting (tyvm) but would not answer if we thanked or gifted. Finally, I think there were about 7 people in the room, we tried to start a conversation with this bot. No answer. so we all voted not to send any more gifts to this particular player. While one is not able to get a token award, due to inactivity (camp in room over nite) an automated player would be, beacuse of activity. I find this just sad.

15 sog June 17, 2010 at 12:19 am

pastorpapabear #5 – yes I have

Alan #12 – you know it ain’t like that – I’ve been in rooms fat with people and rcvd no reply to “hi e1 gl” – ya know? Cross the pond, we can get spliffy and listen to Floyd :]

Pat #14 – if the player was a bot, wouldn’t it have been programmed to say ty?

16 Shelly June 17, 2010 at 6:22 am

Don’t forget, players can completely close the chat window so they wouldn’t see anything that is being said to them or about them. Or they could be in a private chat with friends?

I must say that in word search daily I am one of those ‘ignorant & ungrateful’ players. I don’t thank because pogo has chosen me, not the player.
In Addiction soli I do thank the gift giver because they have personally chosen me. Though if I don’t get thanked for gift giving I don’t let it bother me. They aren’t my tokens I’m giving away so who cares?